Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
For SaleRaw Comics For Sale

Raw Comics For Sale--Fillers, Runs, Drek!! Mostly Modern, some CA/BA/SA!!15615

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Metal Men #43

This issue reprints issue #14 from the same series. I believe this comic to be in Very Good/Fine condition, or better.  It shows hardly any wear along the spine and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a number of spine stress creases/ticks…with a handful that lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows a small ‘blot’ above the letter ‘M’ in ‘Men’…I don’t know if this is bleed-through or ink transfer.  The front cover also shows in breaking creases along the right edge, as well as a few scuffs/rubs in areas around the edges.  The back cover shows a small, dark stain on the upper page edge, as well as some light soiling in spots around the cover.  Both covers show a number of light indentations/finger bends that I believe can be pressed out.  None of them appear to break the ink.

$5, plus shipping

Post 26 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
The Phantom #48, Volume 5, by Charlton Comics.

I believe this comic to be in Very Good minus condition, or better.  It shows very light wear along the spine and a very small tear at the bottom of the bottom staple.  There is light blunting on all the corners, as well as a number of spine stress creases/ticks that lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows a number of ink-breaking creases in the upper right portion of the page, as well as some light creases and wear along the page edges.  There is also a small 1/2 inch tear on the bottom edge.  The back cover shows a bend crease near the bottom left corner, as well as areas of light soiling and/or ink transfers.

$6, plus shipping

Post 27 IP   flag post
Chamber of Darkness #1

This issue features the 1st appearance of Headstone P. Gravely. I believe this comic to be in Very Good plus condition, or better. This comic shows light wear along the spine and minimal wear at the staples. There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a number of spine stress creases/ticks that lightly break the ink. Both covers shows one or two ‘cuts’ or creases that penetrate into the page, but do not affect the inside pages. The one on the front cover does lightly break the ink. The front cover shows light wear along the spine, while the front cover shows a mild moisture stain near the bottom edge.

$20, plus shipping

Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Galen something I found that worked well for me was to try batches....group several books together, easier, less shipping demands and simpler for people to buy .....offer 3-4 maybe 5 for the price you want all together, perhaps minus a buck or two and go with it. Save you alot of time, work and general headaches....just a suggestion and regardless , best of luck here with the sales bro!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Galen something I found that worked well for me was to try batches....group several books together, easier, less shipping demands and simpler for people to buy .....offer 3-4 maybe 5 for the price you want all together, perhaps minus a buck or two and go with it. Save you alot of time, work and general headaches....just a suggestion and regardless , best of luck here with the sales bro!

Much appreciated!! I'm actually planning on doing that when it comes to listing my runs and high-quantity fillers. My detail oriented brain requires I post older comics individually with pics so folks can really see the defects. It won't be as big a deal showing each comic when it comes to my Moderns. Luckily, I don't have many more pre-1985 books to list. Thanks for the suggestions too!!
Post 30 IP   flag post

The Sandman #1

This issue features the 1st Bronze Age appearance of Sandman, as well as 1st appearances by Brute, Glob, and General Electric (no kidding). I believe this comic to be in Very Good minus condition, or better. This comic shows a number of defects, as evident in the pictures. The major issues are the tape pull on the front cover above Sandman’s head, the corner piece missing from the front, upper right corner, and the sizeable printer crease on the back cover.

$10, plus shipping

Post 31 IP   flag post
Werewolf By Night #27

This issue features the 1st appearance, origin, and death of Soul-Beast, as well as the 1st appearance of Doctor Glitternight. I believe this comic to be in Fine condition, or better.  It shows hardly any wear along the spine and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting on all four corners, as well as a number of spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The top staple shows some wear at the ends, but doesn’t appear to be tears.  The entire upper right corner of the book has a mild bend through it which breaks the ink on the front cover, while causing soiling on the back.  The front cover has a couple very small tears on the right page edge…less than 1/8 inch, along with a small production wrinkle above the letter ‘S’ in ‘Comics’ that has lightly broken the ink.  The back cover shows light soiling around the white border, especially near the spine. 

$15, plus shipping

Post 32 IP   flag post
Marvel and DC Present, Featuring The Uncanny X-Men and The New Teen Titans #1, newsstand copy.

This comic features the 3rd appearance of Deathstroke The Terminator, as well as an appearance by Darkseid. I believe this comic to be in Good condition, or better.  It shows a number of issues and defects, but the major defect is that the center page is detached from the staples.  The page underneath is detached at one staple only.  The pages weren’t ripped out of the staples…the book is very thick (Baxter paper) and the staples weren’t done very well.

$4, plus shipping

Post 33 IP   flag post
Marvel Fanfare #1 to #9 lot up for sale.

This is the 1st series of Marvel Fanfare, which I only collected up to issue #9 before I lost interest. I will also sell them individually if fillers are needed by someone. I can provide more pictures if requested...it's not a problem at all.

Prices as follows:

Lot of 9 comics--$50 shipped

Individual comic prices as listed...shipping price as stated at the start of the thread:

1. Marvel Fanfare #1---$12; VF, or better (Spider-Man, Silver Surfer, X-Men appear)
2. Marvel Fanfare #2---$7; VF, or better (Fantastic Four origin retold)
3. Marvel Fanfare #3---$8; NM-, or better (X-Men and Ka-Zar appear)
4. Marvel Fanfare #4---$6; VF, or better (X-Men and Ka-Zar appear)
5. Marvel Fanfare #5---$5; VF-, or better (Doctor Strange & Captain America appear)
6. Marvel Fanfare #6---$4; FN/VF, or better (Spider-Man & Scarlet Witch appear)
7. Marvel Fanfare #7---$4; FN/VF, or better (Incredible Hulk & Blob appear)
8. Marvel Fanfare #8---$5; VF-, or better (Doctor Strange & Wolf Boy appear)
9. Marvel Fanfare #9---$5; VF-, or better (Man-Thing appears)

Post 34 IP   flag post
That comic is also the first appearance of the "source wall"
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:

I assume you mean Marvel and DC Present #1. I was always under the impression that the 1st appearance of the 'wall' was The New Gods #5. I could be wrong...not everything in the comic world is 100% accurate. Lol.
Post 36 IP   flag post
That's all for now, folks. I will list any other Silver and Bronze Age comics I find as I find them. These comics serve to get the thread started. Copper and Modern comics will starting listing soon.

Please don't forget, I am more than happy to entertain offers if you message me first. Otherwise, a solid 'take', or something similar, wins the prize. Please message me with any questions or concerns about any listing. Feel free to have fun with the thread too, just don't get to carried away.

Thanks a lot for checking out my sales thread!!!

Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130
Quote:

I assume you mean Marvel and DC Present #1. I was always under the impression that the 1st appearance of the 'wall' was The New Gods #5. I could be wrong...not everything in the comic world is 100% accurate. Lol.
On Comic Book Legends, its stated that whilst the Source Wall was seen in Jack Kirby's New Gods it was actually created by Walt Simonson and Chris Claremont in the DC/Marvel cross-over event Uncanny X-Men/New Teen Titans.

so make of that what you will...
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

On Comic Book Legends, its stated that whilst the Source Wall was seen in Jack Kirby's New Gods it was actually created by Walt Simonson and Chris Claremont in the DC/Marvel cross-over event Uncanny X-Men/New Teen Titans.

Ah, very good. I wasn’t aware of the particulars. Thanks for that…love learning new stuff. There’s so much out there I don’t know, I’m sure. 👍😀
Post 39 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ah, very good. I wasn’t aware of the particulars. Thanks for that…love learning new stuff. There’s so much out there I don’t know, I’m sure. 👍😀

I'm gonna have to send my copy back for relabeling. Never mind, I don't have a slabbed copy.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
I'm gonna have to send my copy back for relabeling. Never mind, I don't have a slabbed copy.

🤣🃏
Post 41 IP   flag post
Rule change #1:

I will charge & ship Media Mail first, although I’m not a fan of shipping that way. If you’d prefer for me to ship another way, message me and we’ll discuss it. I’m pretty easy to work with (insert joke here). All other sales rules on page one still apply. 🤙🖖

Thanks for visiting!!!
Post 42 IP   flag post
How about some Deadpool dreck!!!

Below are the Deadpool: Back in Black 5-issue limited series comics, with an extra #1 variant. All 6 books suffer from very mild ink transfers and/or stacking rubs on either cover.

Issue #1--Gabriel Frizzera 'KADOOM' variant--VF/NM or better
Issue #1--Ron Lim variant--VF/NM or better
Issue #2--VF/NM or better
Issue #3--Ron Lim variant--VF/NM or better
Issue #4--Ron Lim variant--VF/NM or better
Issue #5--Ron Lim variant--VF/NM or better

Buy all 6 for $15 shipped.

Post 43 IP   flag post
Still cleaning out my drek…more Modern raws coming soon!!!🖖
Post 44 IP   flag post
Well, I'm still going through my collection in order to find more drek. The pile is slowly building, but I want to sit down and list for a couple days in a row. For now, I have this 'reader' available.

Shogun Warriors #2, Whitman variant. This book has some issues, as seen in the pics. I had this book when I was a kid, so it has survived for more than 40 years. There is a corner missing on the back cover, there are a few edge tears, and the front cover shows some spine creases/tears. The centerfold is no longer attached, but it's still with the book. The front cover is still attached, even though the staple areas look rough.

This comic isn't valuable as is, but it's a Whitman. It's a great filler too, even in it's current condition.

$2, or FREE with another purchase from this thread. Just let me know.

Post 45 IP   flag post
Okay, gang...here we go with some Modern drek. Remember, offers are welcome...just message me please.

All-Star Batman #1, blank variant. This issue features appearances by Two-Face, Firefly, and Killer Moth.

I believe this comic to be in Near Mint/Mint condition. This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine, and no tears at the staples. There is imperceptible blunting of the spine corners, and I don’t see a single spine stress crease/tick on either the outer cover or the inside cover. The white outer cover is very clean.

$6

Post 46 IP   flag post
All-Star Batman #1, John Romita, Jr./Danny Miki ‘Batman’ variant. This issue features appearances by Two-Face, Firefly, and Killer Moth.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine/Near Mint condition (before pressing), or better. This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine, and no tears at the staples. There is very light blunting of the spine corners (bottom corner mainly), as well as a handful of spine stress crease/ticks…with a couple that very lightly break the ink. This book will benefit from a press…in my opinion.

$4 shipped

Post 47 IP   flag post
All-Star Batman #1, John Romita, Jr./Danny Miki ‘Two-Face’ variant. This issue features appearances by Two-Face, Firefly, and Killer Moth.

I believe this comic to be in Near Mint condition, or better. This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine, and no tears at the staples. There is very light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a couple of spine stress crease/ticks on the back cover that barely break the ink.

$5 shipped

Post 48 IP   flag post
I almost forgot that I changed my listings to show the price with shipping. The last three listings have been fixed. More drek to come!!!

Post 49 IP   flag post
All-Star Batman #2. This issue features appearances by Killer Croc and Beast.

I believe this comic to be in Near Mint condition, or better. There is light blunting of the spine corners, but there are no spine stress crease/ticks to speak of. The back cover shows a very light, but small, ink rub/ding below the bottom staple.

$6 shipped

Post 50 IP   flag post
All-Star Batman #2, Jock variant. This issue features appearances by Killer Croc and Beast.

I believe this comic to be in Near Mint condition, or better. There is light blunting of the spine corners, but there are no spine stress crease/ticks to speak of. The back cover shows a very light, but small, ink rub/ding below the bottom staple.

$6 shipped

Post 51 IP   flag post
All-Star Batman #2, John Romita, Jr./Danny Miki ‘Batman & Two-Face’ variant. This issue features appearances by Killer Croc and Beast.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine/Near Mint condition, or better. There is light blunting of the spine corners, but there are no spine stress crease/ticks to speak of, except for one large one on the back cover that very lightly breaks the ink. Pressing this will help.

$3 shipped

Post 52 IP   flag post
Quote:
Chamber

Sold to @xvipah!! Many thanks!!

Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
Chamber of Darkness #1

This issue features the 1st appearance of Headstone P. Gravely. I believe this comic to be in Very Good plus condition, or better. This comic shows light wear along the spine and minimal wear at the staples. There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a number of spine stress creases/ticks that lightly break the ink. Both covers shows one or two ‘cuts’ or creases that penetrate into the page, but do not affect the inside pages. The one on the front cover does lightly break the ink. The front cover shows light wear along the spine, while the front cover shows a mild moisture stain near the bottom edge.

$20, plus shipping

Sold to @xvipah!! Many thanks!!

Post 54 IP   flag post
Whoops!!! It's been so long since I sold something that I forgot how to quote a post properly!!!

Post 55 IP   flag post
597874 224 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.