Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
For SaleRaw Comics For Sale

Raw Comics For Sale--Fillers, Runs, Drek!! Mostly Modern, some CA/BA/SA!!15615

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
How about a raw comic sales thread, gang!!!

Along with my current graded comic sales thread, I've decided to start listing and selling my raw collection here in the CBCS forums. The entire collection is currently stored in 17 long boxes, which used to be around 20 boxes. Most of the comics are Modern, from the early 90's to 1998. That's when I actively collected and read the books. The rest of the collection is older and newer stuff...mostly newer. It's time to try and get some return on my massive investment, even though it won't be very profitable. I prefer to sell these books to fellow collector's here in the forums. I only have a few acknowledgements for my sales ability in my encapsulated comics sales thread. I did most of my business on eBay (I closed my account for good over a year ago) and in the 'other' forums. I can provide a link to my feedback thread in those forums, if requested. You don't have to have an account...I don't think. If you need character references, trust me...I'm a character.

For the rules:

I accept PayPal only. Friends & Family will be accepted, although I lose the ability to automatically print a PayPal shipping label. I don't ship outside the 50 United States...my apologies. I will gladly do combined shipping, but I won't ship using Media Mail unless requested. If you don't ask before making payment, I will automatically charge for, and ship, Priority Mail/First Class. I'm open to negotiating down the shipping on large shipments. I will charge $3.50 for one raw book, then $.25 per book after that until the package gets over two pounds. Then I will charge by weight and destination. I'm usually pretty generous concerning shipping costs, to the point of splitting the cost with the buyer. It depends on how I feel that day. Lol. Please send me a message if you have any questions.

**UPDATE** All comics will ship individually bagged & boarded.

My return policy is simple...no returns!! These are raw comics that I want to sell off for good...I really don't want them back. I'm a decent grader when it comes to raw comics, but I'm not perfect. If a buyer disagrees with my grade estimate after receiving the book, that's the risk you take. I would suggest asking for more pics of a book to see if you agree or not. I try to be conservative...up to this point I haven't had anyone complain about my grading skills. If there should be an issue during transit, then I definitely need to know about it so we can resolve it together. Please message me if this happens, or with any concerns/complaints.

The first one to 'take' in the thread is the winner. If negotiations are in progress through messaging with someone, the first 'take' in the thread still has priority. PLEASE QUOTE A LISTING WITH 'TAKE' SO THAT I CAN KEEP ACCURATE TRACKING OF WHO WANTS WHAT.

This thread will be ongoing until either it starts to get too big, or if sales just aren't what I'd like them to be. I have a lot of comics so it will take time. Also, don't hesitate to message me if you're looking for anything in particular that isn't listed. I'm not into the current 'speculating' trend, which means I don't have many, or any, of the big name comics that are out there right now. If I haven't listed a book yet, doesn't mean I don't have it or won't sell it before I do list it.

Offers are always welcome, even if we don't come to an agreement.

Enjoy the thread!!!
Post 1 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Brave and the Bold #91

This issue features an appearance by Black Canary. I estimate this book to be in Good plus condition, or better. I dinged the estimated grade on this one pretty hard because of a couple tears on the front page edge. Feel free to message me with questions or to request more pics.

$6.50, plus shipping

Post 2 IP   flag post
Brave and the Bold #92

This issue features the introduction of The Bat Squad. I believe this comic is in Very Good minus condition, or better. There's light soiling along the spine, front and back, as well as a very small bent corner on the front right corner.  Feel free to message me with questions or to request more pics. 

$8, plus shipping

Post 3 IP   flag post
Batman Annual #5 (Summer 1963)

This issue features the 1st appearances of the Zebra-Man and The Daredevils. I believe this comic to be in Good condition, give or take. This issue is definitely a reader copy, but still in decent condition.  The pictures speak for themselves.  One thing to note: the back cover is detached from the upper and lower staples, so it has been handled delicately.  It is still attached by paper to the front cover. Feel free to message me with questions or to request more pics.

$25, plus shipping

Post 4 IP   flag post
Detective Comics #343

Elongated Man makes an appearance in this issue.  This comic also contains an excerpt from an 1869 Massachusetts Board of Health document. I believe this comic to be in Good plus condition, or better.  There are numerous defects, as shown in the pictures, but it is in overall decent condition.  It’s a higher quality reader…in my opinion.  I can provide more pictures if requested.

$12, plus shipping

Post 5 IP   flag post
Detective Comics #427

Jason Bard makes an appearance in this issue, along with James Gordon. I believe this comic to be in Good plus condition.  This comic has numerous flaws, as shown in the pictures, but it is in overall decent condition.  It’s a higher quality reader…in my opinion.  I can provide more pictures if necessary. 

$8, plus shipping

Post 6 IP   flag post
Fantastic Four #144, regular edition.

This issue features appearances by Dr. Doom and Seeker.  It also contains Marvel Value Stamp #39, Ironfist. I believe this comic to be in Good condition, give or take.  This comic shows a lot of wear on the covers, to include numerous stress creases, indentations, and wrinkling.  The cover is still somewhat glossy, although the back shows some minor foxing.  The staples show some rust, but the cover shows no detachment.  There is a light spine roll and all four corners show moderate blunting.  The inside pages show nice ink and colors.  I am more than happy to provide additional photos, if requested. 

$5, plus shipping

Post 7 IP   flag post
Teen Titans #25, 1966 series.

This issue features the 1st appearance of Lilith, who also joins the team.  Hawk and Dove also join the team. I believe this comic to be in Good condition, give or take.  This comic shows a lot of wear on the covers, to include numerous stress creases, indentations, and wrinkling.  The front cover is still fairly glossy, while the back cover definitely shows soiling.  The staples show some light oxidation, but there doesn't appear to be any rust or rust migration.  The bottom staple looks like it's been pulled through the book, but it isn't.  I think it was an improper staple 'punch'.  The staple still keeps all pages attached.  The inside pages show nice ink and colors.  I am more than happy to provide additional photos, if requested. 

$5, plus shipping

Post 8 IP   flag post
Doctor Strange #3 (1974 series)

This issue reprints stories from Strange Tales #126 & #127.  Dormammu makes an appearance. I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a couple of spine stress creases/ticks that are very small and barely break the ink.  The bottom edge of the front cover shows some very light rough spots and/or slight bend creases that don’t break the ink.  The back cover shows some very light soiling near the spine.  I believe most of these issues can be clean and pressed.

$20, plus shipping

Post 9 IP   flag post
Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes #242 (1978).

This issue contains 52-pages and features appearances by Elemental Lad, Sun Boy, and Colossal Boy. I believe this comic to be in Very Good plus condition.  It shows hardly any wear along the spine and small staple tears at the upper staple, although the cover is not detached.  There is light blunting of the spine corners.  There are some spine creases, which lightly break the ink.  The upper right corner of the front cover has a bend in it, which barely breaks the ink.  There is also a very small bend of the lower right corner of the front cover.  The upper left corner of the back cover also has a bend in it, which does break the ink.  Both of these bends translate through to a handful of pages in the comic.

$5, plus shipping

Post 10 IP   flag post
Brave and the Bold #155 (1979).

This issue features Green Lantern. I believe this comic to be in Good condition, or better. It shows minor wear along the spine and very small creases at the staples. The staples are a bit discolored.  There is light blunting on the all corners, as well as a number of spine stress creases on the covers that break the ink.  There are some scratch/ink breaks on the front cover.  The spine shows some soiling/staining on the front.  The front and back covers show some wrinkles/creases that break the ink.  The front cover page edge has a tear…almost an inch long.

$3, plus shipping

Post 11 IP   flag post
Captain America #280, newsstand copy (1983).

This issue features an appearance by Scarecrow. I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition.  The comic shows hardly any wear along the spine and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a small number of spine stress creases/ticks…with a few that lightly break the ink.  The back cover does show some light ink rubs/soiling near the spine.  The upper left page corner of the back cover shows a mild bend crease/crunch that very lightly breaks the ink.

$3, plus shipping

Post 12 IP   flag post
Fear #31 (1970 series)

This is the final issue in the series, which features flashback appearances by Spider-Man and Lizard. I believe this comic to be in Fine plus condition, or better.  It shows minor wear along the spine and no tears at the staples, although there are spine tics near each staple.  The staples show light oxidation, but no rust or rust migration into the pages.  There is light blunting on the spine corners and a number of small spine creases/ticks that lightly break the ink.  The upper spine corner of the front cover shows an ink rub/transfer near the price.  The subscription on the inside of the front cover does show lightly on the outside of the front, but doesn’t break the ink.  The upper left corner of the back cover shows a mild bend that doesn’t break the ink.  The original Marvel Value Stamp #75, Morbius, has not been cut out.

$10, plus shipping

Post 13 IP   flag post
Marvel Tales #103, featuring Spider-Man (1979).

This issue also contains appearances by Kangaroo and the Human Torch. I believe this comic to be in Fine/Very Fine condition, or better.  There is light blunting on all four corners and the back spine corner shows some mild drop damage.  There are a few mild stress creases that lightly break the ink.  The front cover has been written on in ink, above ‘Marvel Tales’, and there is a slight bend of the lower front corner that goes through the book.

$3, plus shipping

Post 14 IP   flag post
Star Wars #6, Whitman reprint (1977).

This issue is Part 6 of the movie adaptation.  Luke Skywalker battles Darth Vader! I believe this comic to be in Very Good plus condition, or better.  It shows light wear along the spine and very small tears at the staples.  All four corners show light blunting, with a 1/4” or less of the lower spine corner missing through the entire book.  The lower right corner of the front cover has a small piece missing, as well as a bend which breaks the ink.  The spine shows numerous small crease which break the ink.  The back cover shows a mild bend near the upper spine, as well as some light wrinkling and staining.

$4, plus shipping

Post 15 IP   flag post
Star Wars #70, newsstand copy (1983)

This issue features Han Solo in ‘The Stenax Shuffle’. I believe this comic to be in Very Good minus condition, or better.  It shows light wear along the spine and very small tears at the staples.  All four corners show light blunting, with a 1/4” split on the upper spine corner.  The spine shows numerous small creases which break the ink.  The page corners of the front cover show bends that break the ink, while also showing light bends in the cover and some mild wrinkling.  The back cover upper left corner shows a mild bend, with some mild wrinkling as well.

$5, plus shipping

Post 16 IP   flag post
Detective Comics #509, direct sales copy

This issue features appearances by Cat-Man and Catwoman. I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that lightly break the ink.  The back cover shows a light stain near the upper left corner, as well as some light soiling/staining near the spine.

$4, plus shipping

Post 17 IP   flag post
Detective Comics #520, direct sales copy.

This issue features appearances by Hugo Strange and Deadshot. I believe this comic to be in Fine plus condition, or better.  There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a number of stress creases/ticks that lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows a small spot of color loss above the letter ‘m’ in comics, as well as a sizeable diagonal crease near the upper right corner…which lightly breaks the ink.  The back cover shows some light soiling/ink transfer near the spine.

$3, plus shipping

Post 18 IP   flag post
Fantastic Four #164

This issue features the re-introduction of Marvel Boy as The Crusader, as well as the introduction of Frankie Raye (Nova). I haven’t bothered to give this comic an estimated grade, but I have posted pictures of the major problem areas…of which there are many.  The biggest issue…moisture damage.  This comic is still readable, but the entire book suffers from moisture damage of some sort…staining, rippling, wear, etc.  It is a reader copy.  One picture shows the color of the pages against a white background, which I believe to be crème-colored to tan...more tan than creme.

$2, plus shipping (or free with any purchase above this listing...just remind me)

Post 19 IP   flag post
Ghost Rider #60, direct sales copy (1st series).

This issue features the 1st appearance of The Destroyer of Demons. I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  It shows hardly any wear along the spine and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink…if at all.  The front cover shows a couple of spots of light ink rubs in the blue near the top page edge, while the back cover shows some very light ink transfers in the white near the top page edge.

$5, plus shipping

Post 20 IP   flag post
Ghost Rider #79, newsstand copy (1st series).

This issue features the 1st appearance of Freakmaster. I believe this comic to be in Very Good/Fine condition, or better.  It shows hardly any wear along the spine and a very small tear at the top staple. There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a small number spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  Both staples show mild oxidation, while the front cover shows soiling in the UPC box.  The front cover also shows a small bend crease in the upper right corner that breaks the ink.  The back cover shows a very mild indentation/bend near the bottom spine corner that doesn’t break the ink, along with some light ink transfer/soiling near all 4 edges.

$3, plus shipping

Post 21 IP   flag post
G.I. Joe, A Real American Hero #19, second print.

The issue features the death of General Flagg. Photos shown are of the actual item!!!  I’m not going to bother listing the defects, or estimating a grade for this book.  It’s a ‘reader’ and maybe a filler.  This comic is one of only a small that survived my brothers and I when we were growing up.  Centerfold is detached. Please see pics below for all the major issues.

$1, plus shipping (or free with any purchase above this listing...just remind me)

Post 22 IP   flag post
Green Lantern #119 (2nd series).

The issue features appearances by Green Arrow and Black Canary. I believe this comic to be in Fine minus condition, or better.  It shows hardly any wear along the spine and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting on the spine corners, especially the top corner where there’s a small tear near the corner on the back cover.  The comic has multiple small spine stress creases/ticks that lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows a small bend crease on the bottom right corner that lightly breaks the ink.  The back cover also shows a light bend in the lower left corner that doesn’t appear to break the ink, along with a mild stain at the bottom spine corner as well as some light soiling up and down the spine.  Both covers shows multiple indentations/creases that don’t appear to break the ink.

$5, plus shipping

Post 23 IP   flag post
Amazing Spider-Man #143.

This issue features the 1st appearance of Cyclone, an appearance by Jackal, as well as a cameo by the clone of Gwen Stacy. Apparently, this is the first issue where Peter and MJ first kiss. Woo hoo!!! I believe this comic to be in Very Good plus condition, or better.  It shows wear along the spine and small spine crease tears at the staples. There is blunting on the spine corners, as well as a number of spine stress creases/ticks that break the ink.  The front cover shows a vertical ink-breaking crease on the right page edge, as well as ink/pencil writing near the top spine corner.  The back cover seems to shows some soiling all around the white bordering.  The pages seem to show possible ink transfers from each other, or they are soiled somehow.  I believe it’s ink transfer, but I’m not an expert.  I can provide more pictures if requested.

$15, plus shipping

Post 24 IP   flag post
ARRGH! #2

This issue features appearances by Frankenstein’s Monster, Dracula, and Wolfman. I believe this comic to be in Fine minus condition, or better.  It shows light wear along the spine and no tears at the staples. The staples do show oxidation, but no rust or rust migration.  There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a number of spine stress creases/ticks that lightly break the ink.  Both covers show one or two ‘cuts’ or creases that penetrate into the page, but do not affect the inside pages.  The front cover shows an odd stain or moisture damage along the edge near the top spine corner.

$15, plus shipping

Post 25 IP   flag post
Metal Men #43

This issue reprints issue #14 from the same series. I believe this comic to be in Very Good/Fine condition, or better.  It shows hardly any wear along the spine and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a number of spine stress creases/ticks…with a handful that lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows a small ‘blot’ above the letter ‘M’ in ‘Men’…I don’t know if this is bleed-through or ink transfer.  The front cover also shows in breaking creases along the right edge, as well as a few scuffs/rubs in areas around the edges.  The back cover shows a small, dark stain on the upper page edge, as well as some light soiling in spots around the cover.  Both covers show a number of light indentations/finger bends that I believe can be pressed out.  None of them appear to break the ink.

$5, plus shipping

Post 26 IP   flag post
The Phantom #48, Volume 5, by Charlton Comics.

I believe this comic to be in Very Good minus condition, or better.  It shows very light wear along the spine and a very small tear at the bottom of the bottom staple.  There is light blunting on all the corners, as well as a number of spine stress creases/ticks that lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows a number of ink-breaking creases in the upper right portion of the page, as well as some light creases and wear along the page edges.  There is also a small 1/2 inch tear on the bottom edge.  The back cover shows a bend crease near the bottom left corner, as well as areas of light soiling and/or ink transfers.

$6, plus shipping

Post 27 IP   flag post
Chamber of Darkness #1

This issue features the 1st appearance of Headstone P. Gravely. I believe this comic to be in Very Good plus condition, or better. This comic shows light wear along the spine and minimal wear at the staples. There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a number of spine stress creases/ticks that lightly break the ink. Both covers shows one or two ‘cuts’ or creases that penetrate into the page, but do not affect the inside pages. The one on the front cover does lightly break the ink. The front cover shows light wear along the spine, while the front cover shows a mild moisture stain near the bottom edge.

$20, plus shipping

Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Galen something I found that worked well for me was to try batches....group several books together, easier, less shipping demands and simpler for people to buy .....offer 3-4 maybe 5 for the price you want all together, perhaps minus a buck or two and go with it. Save you alot of time, work and general headaches....just a suggestion and regardless , best of luck here with the sales bro!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Galen something I found that worked well for me was to try batches....group several books together, easier, less shipping demands and simpler for people to buy .....offer 3-4 maybe 5 for the price you want all together, perhaps minus a buck or two and go with it. Save you alot of time, work and general headaches....just a suggestion and regardless , best of luck here with the sales bro!

Much appreciated!! I'm actually planning on doing that when it comes to listing my runs and high-quantity fillers. My detail oriented brain requires I post older comics individually with pics so folks can really see the defects. It won't be as big a deal showing each comic when it comes to my Moderns. Luckily, I don't have many more pre-1985 books to list. Thanks for the suggestions too!!
Post 30 IP   flag post
598088 224 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.