Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Chanfriendly private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomStranger271
So another 17(ish) weeks now that my order is pressed? Jesus.

I'm realizing now I shouldn't have pressed my order. Too long of a wait and two, I'm not even sure of how much of a difference pressing even makes for the comics themselves.

I guess I know now for next time if there is one.

I've started using indie pressers. I found a guy that would do the first one free, and I needed my Iron-Man 128 pressed for the Bob Layton event. Took less than a week instead of 19+, HEAPS of communication and pictures instead of absolute radio silence. Even shipped it directly to CBCS for me. Can't recommend looking elsewhere enough, at least for right now. No offense to Steve and his team or a slight on their quality of work, it's just an ungodly turnaround time right now.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@cklamer Happy Birthday.....
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cklamer
Was hoping I might get my one little order back before I get too old to enjoy them.
Order was accepted 04/29/21 and paid in full on 05/21/21.
Moved to grading on 07/28/21 and has not moved since.

Hey CBCS it's my 60th birthday give me a present of moving my order.

I have to say 20-22 weeks is a really long time to wait.
Of course there is absolutely no response via email.
They don't even bother to respond.

Yes! 20 to 22 weeks is a long wait. I am at 21 weeks as well, and no books yet.
BUT!!!!!!!, look at this as the alternative
https://www.cbcscomics.com/cbcs-vs-cgc
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
click the invoice.. then look in upper right side.
it should say what stage it's in....

Are you kidding me? I never knew that. All this discussion about updating and nobody's ever mentioned that your invoice will tell you the stage? My mind is blown.

@Ebaymafia Haha, I thought this was common knowledge once you'd been an active forum member for at least a year. This is almost as surprising as when Ted said he didn't know you could zoom in on MCS.
What? You can zoom in on MCS? Now my mind is blown.....
Post 104 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversorrow
What? You can zoom in on MCS? Now my mind is blown....

Minor zoom by clicking on the picture

Major zoomage by clicking on the zoom front cover link next to the magnifying glass.

You can scroll down and side to side to see more detail than you can imagine. It's saved me from buying some eyesores. The guy who was first caught by surprise had been selling and buying thousands of books on MCS for years, without knowing about it.
Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
I'm in the same boat at several other members it seems. The tracking on my books was marked as delivered on August 16th and they've yet to be marked as received. I totally understand that they're backed up and I was fully expecting longer than normal TATs, but when someone is trusting you with multiple mortgage payments worth of collectibles, peace of mind should be the #1 priority. I've emailed multiple times and only received one response a few weeks ago basically telling me what I already know, that they're backed up.

I've been singing CBCS's praises for a couple years now with all the drama that's been happening at CGC, whom I believe to have some very shady business practices. My last few submissions with CBCS went pretty smoothly. One I even got back within a few weeks (although it was only a single book). So, this is pretty upsetting and I'd just like to know that my books have actually arrived and are in a safe location. We can argue all we want about QC issues, accurate grading, and labels, but if CBCS just improved their transparency and keeping customers well informed, it would put them miles ahead of CGC.
Post 106 IP   flag post
Collector Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertom
I'm in the same boat at several other members it seems. The tracking on my books was marked as delivered on August 16th and they've yet to be marked as received. I totally understand that they're backed up and I was fully expecting longer than normal TATs, but when someone is trusting you with multiple mortgage payments worth of collectibles, peace of mind should be the #1 priority. I've emailed multiple times and only received one response a few weeks ago basically telling me what I already know, that they're backed up.

I've been singing CBCS's praises for a couple years now with all the drama that's been happening at CGC, whom I believe to have some very shady business practices. My last few submissions with CBCS went pretty smoothly. One I even got back within a few weeks (although it was only a single book). So, this is pretty upsetting and I'd just like to know that my books have actually arrived and are in a safe location. We can argue all we want about QC issues, accurate grading, and labels, but if CBCS just improved their transparency and keeping customers well informed, it would put them miles ahead of CGC.

@Supertom - for me, the top priorities are for CBCS to be good custodians of my comics while in their possession, accurately grade, professionally press (where applicable), provide secure encasement at a economical price. Telling me where my comics are before shipped back to me is nice but not a top priority or really necessary in the grand scheme of things.
Post 107 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator I agree but none of that matters until I know the books are even in their hands. For all I know they’re stuffed in the back of a USPS truck or being used as a doormat. I’ve had far too many screw ups with the USPS to trust the information they provide. Just a simple scan of the invoice in the box is all I’m asking.
Post 108 IP   flag post
Collector Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Supertom - if your tracking shows it was delivered, then CBCS has your package.
Post 109 IP   flag post
418613 109 9