Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Chanfriendly private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomStranger271
So another 17(ish) weeks now that my order is pressed? Jesus.

I'm realizing now I shouldn't have pressed my order. Too long of a wait and two, I'm not even sure of how much of a difference pressing even makes for the comics themselves.

I guess I know now for next time if there is one.

I've started using indie pressers. I found a guy that would do the first one free, and I needed my Iron-Man 128 pressed for the Bob Layton event. Took less than a week instead of 19+, HEAPS of communication and pictures instead of absolute radio silence. Even shipped it directly to CBCS for me. Can't recommend looking elsewhere enough, at least for right now. No offense to Steve and his team or a slight on their quality of work, it's just an ungodly turnaround time right now.
Post 101 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@cklamer Happy Birthday.....
Post 102 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cklamer
Was hoping I might get my one little order back before I get too old to enjoy them.
Order was accepted 04/29/21 and paid in full on 05/21/21.
Moved to grading on 07/28/21 and has not moved since.

Hey CBCS it's my 60th birthday give me a present of moving my order.

I have to say 20-22 weeks is a really long time to wait.
Of course there is absolutely no response via email.
They don't even bother to respond.

Yes! 20 to 22 weeks is a long wait. I am at 21 weeks as well, and no books yet.
BUT!!!!!!!, look at this as the alternative
https://www.cbcscomics.com/cbcs-vs-cgc
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
click the invoice.. then look in upper right side.
it should say what stage it's in....

Are you kidding me? I never knew that. All this discussion about updating and nobody's ever mentioned that your invoice will tell you the stage? My mind is blown.

@Ebaymafia Haha, I thought this was common knowledge once you'd been an active forum member for at least a year. This is almost as surprising as when Ted said he didn't know you could zoom in on MCS.
What? You can zoom in on MCS? Now my mind is blown.....
Post 104 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversorrow
What? You can zoom in on MCS? Now my mind is blown....

Minor zoom by clicking on the picture

Major zoomage by clicking on the zoom front cover link next to the magnifying glass.

You can scroll down and side to side to see more detail than you can imagine. It's saved me from buying some eyesores. The guy who was first caught by surprise had been selling and buying thousands of books on MCS for years, without knowing about it.
Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
I'm in the same boat at several other members it seems. The tracking on my books was marked as delivered on August 16th and they've yet to be marked as received. I totally understand that they're backed up and I was fully expecting longer than normal TATs, but when someone is trusting you with multiple mortgage payments worth of collectibles, peace of mind should be the #1 priority. I've emailed multiple times and only received one response a few weeks ago basically telling me what I already know, that they're backed up.

I've been singing CBCS's praises for a couple years now with all the drama that's been happening at CGC, whom I believe to have some very shady business practices. My last few submissions with CBCS went pretty smoothly. One I even got back within a few weeks (although it was only a single book). So, this is pretty upsetting and I'd just like to know that my books have actually arrived and are in a safe location. We can argue all we want about QC issues, accurate grading, and labels, but if CBCS just improved their transparency and keeping customers well informed, it would put them miles ahead of CGC.
Post 106 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertom
I'm in the same boat at several other members it seems. The tracking on my books was marked as delivered on August 16th and they've yet to be marked as received. I totally understand that they're backed up and I was fully expecting longer than normal TATs, but when someone is trusting you with multiple mortgage payments worth of collectibles, peace of mind should be the #1 priority. I've emailed multiple times and only received one response a few weeks ago basically telling me what I already know, that they're backed up.

I've been singing CBCS's praises for a couple years now with all the drama that's been happening at CGC, whom I believe to have some very shady business practices. My last few submissions with CBCS went pretty smoothly. One I even got back within a few weeks (although it was only a single book). So, this is pretty upsetting and I'd just like to know that my books have actually arrived and are in a safe location. We can argue all we want about QC issues, accurate grading, and labels, but if CBCS just improved their transparency and keeping customers well informed, it would put them miles ahead of CGC.

@Supertom - for me, the top priorities are for CBCS to be good custodians of my comics while in their possession, accurately grade, professionally press (where applicable), provide secure encasement at a economical price. Telling me where my comics are before shipped back to me is nice but not a top priority or really necessary in the grand scheme of things.
Post 107 IP   flag post
@Scifinator I agree but none of that matters until I know the books are even in their hands. For all I know they’re stuffed in the back of a USPS truck or being used as a doormat. I’ve had far too many screw ups with the USPS to trust the information they provide. Just a simple scan of the invoice in the box is all I’m asking.
Post 108 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Supertom - if your tracking shows it was delivered, then CBCS has your package.
Post 109 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremysitb private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t know what to do anymore. My submission has been received back in December 2020 (yea, we are getting closer to the year).

I sent many emails to CBCS and did not get any answer. But, finally, My submission went to shipping few weeks ago.

I thought the wait was finally over. Unfortunately for me, it’s been now 20 days that my order is stuck since I receive an email saying “your order is ready to be shipped”… usually, when I receive this email, the submission is shipped within the same day/day after.

Anyway, the problem is that CBCS does not answer to my emails and I can’t manage to get someone on the phone…

I just want to know what’s going on and I’m getting a bit furious about this all situation…

What should I do ?

Thanks for your help guys!

Post 110 IP   flag post
@Jeremysitb - that final step, “Shipping”, can take some time occasionally. I have noticed it taking several weeks recently. It is even possible that it may have been shipped or will be very shortly. Is it actually being shipped back to Switzerland?
Post 111 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@Supertom - if your tracking shows it was delivered, then CBCS has your package.

You have a lot more faith in USPS than I do. I've had packages checked in as "delivered" only for them to show up weeks later. I've also had packages that arrived without ever being scanned, packages dropped under a table at the post office, packages smashed and damaged, and the list of possible tragedies goes on and on. And I'm running out of time to file a claim with USPS if something bad did actually happen.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremysitb
I just want to know what’s going on and I’m getting a bit furious about this all situation…

This is exactly my concern. We're left in the dark with something that could easily be remedied with one or two admin folks scanning barcodes that trigger automated emails. We shouldn't have to rely on anecdotal stories from other members to get simple peace of mind.
Post 112 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremysitb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Jeremysitb - that final step, “Shipping”, can take some time occasionally. I have noticed it taking several weeks recently. It is even possible that it may have been shipped or will be very shortly. Is it actually being shipped back to Switzerland?

Yes, it will be shipped to Switzerland. But it’s not my 1st submission and it has never been that long… It usually takes 1-2 days once you receive the email saying “your submission is ready to be shipped”, which is the phase after “shipping” in a way.

Once shipped, the package usually arrives in 1 week top. So I think they just didn’t send it yet.

Anyway, the problem I have is not about the delay, it’s the fact that I just don’t receive any answer from CBCS. They are playing dead and it’s kind of frustrating…
Post 113 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertom
I've had packages checked in as "delivered" only for them to show up weeks later

@Supertom - Can’t say that i have ever had a package tracking marked as “delivered” that actually wasn’t delivered.
Post 114 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Going to rip up my CGC invoice to make one for here FEED THE CBCS MACHINE!
Post 115 IP   flag post
Collector Cbarnett316 private msg quote post Address this user
Dropped off at a show April 10th for grading.

Currently in Grading status.
Post 116 IP   flag post
Collector cklamer private msg quote post Address this user
I have my one and only order with CBCS it's been there since the beginning of May. I have three with the other company and one of those has been there since the end of May I am going to wait and see which orders get back to me first.
Post 117 IP   flag post
Collector Lowlylawyer private msg quote post Address this user
Eight Months, Eight days today. Still processing, though i did get the "graded" email ten days or so ago.
Post 118 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowlylawyer
Eight Months, Eight days today. Still processing, though i did get the "graded" email ten days or so ago.

I got that email "graded" last week too.
Hoping for that "completed" & "shipped" emails....
Post 119 IP   flag post
Collector Silverado private msg quote post Address this user
deleted
Post 120 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
This thread is kinda depressing. I have been avoiding this thread because I like many of you have books that have been there since April with no movement at all. I am starting to think I will not even get them back this year.

You know we are all loyal customers here who love CBCS. I know I do, but I haven’t experienced anything like this since the move. For all of use who were there for the move it was probably the most frustrating experience in our time as customers of CBCS. It was absolutely ridiculously long waits to the time of 7 months. But at least they did have an excuse. They were moving an entire company from one state to another state in an entirely different location in the country. Now I have no clue why they are so backed up that books sit ungraded for almost half a year! Normally you could say it’s because Con season, but cons are not going on as usual and attendance is down across the board. Most Cons that are actually happening have been spread out from Summer to Winter so the high volume of submittals shouldn’t be the issue.

I apologize if all of these items have already been gone over at nauseam. I haven’t been able to bring myself to keep up with this thread due to my own person struggles with the same issue. I didn’t want to pile on, but weeks go by and there is never a change in status. At this point I am not only unhappy to see that this thread continues because there are so many people in the same boat, but completely tired of the inconsistency of CBCS. I have had 2 other orders be returned since my April order and one of those was the Al Ewing Signature event is hat was returned back in July. Both that order and my outstanding April order where submitted at the same time, and some how the signature event gets months worth of priority? I’m about done. I don’t think I will be sending any more books in to get graded. This in inconsistency is getting to tiresome and I do not feel like the posted turn around times are accurate at all. Furthermore I am at my wits end with the fact that this thread has become the dominant thread that gets updated. That’s a serious problem that CBCS should take note of. I am

I am Friendly with a number of you, and have always appreciated our interaction. I hope to continue being friendly with you and hopefully enjoying each other’s company at future cons, but for now I am signing off. For those friends my email is: Dmeyers315@yahoo.com you are always welcome to hit me up. All the best to everyone and I certainly hope you get an update on your books soon. All the best and good health to you all.
Post 121 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
All the best, but an FDQ exit won't do anything to move your books through the system any faster.
Post 122 IP   flag post
Collector Petroman private msg quote post Address this user
Sadly I came over to this thread from the CGC thread (https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/262409-current-turn-around-rates-at-cgc/page/931/#comments) as I've pondered sending some submissions to CBCS. Seems like the same problem of excessive turn around times exists here too. I've been watching the TAT numbers on the CBCS side for several months and they haven't moved at all -- 17 weeks for modern, etc. Guess we've all got 2 choices -- 1) send your books in the abyss and hope they will come back within six months to a year, or 2) wait six months to a year and hope the TATs will come down. I don't particularly like either option. I guess the third option is the pay a premium to try to fast track the books and hope you get them back in 2 months or so. It seems like this isn't even a guarantee. Sigh.
Post 123 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petroman
Guess we've all got 2 choices -- 1) send your books in the abyss and hope they will come back within six months to a year, or 2) wait six months to a year and hope the TATs will come down. I don't particularly like either option. I guess the third option is the pay a premium to try to fast track the books and hope you get them back in 2 months or so

The third option is the key, I will be sending in far less books for now and paying a lot more to have them move faster. And maybe that's how grading should be. Maybe we were spoiled, paying so little to get to much FMV added to our books. The new situation is probably more fair, with the grading companies getting a bigger portion of the value if they expedite. Just wish I hadn't got caught in the change-over. When I saw the wave coming and I rushed to get books in at 7 weeks (often skipping the pressing that I had planned) I wish I had been told then that it would really be 20 weeks or more. Wish I had the option of not submitting or of paying extra for expedited services. It would have changed my decisions.
The customers coming over from CGC are not going to be the customers that a long-term healthy business can be built on. Almost by definition they are the most impatient, price-resistant, customers who do low volume submissions and didn't buy into the higher tiers of the CGC loyalty program. People who weren't satisfied there and are not likely to find that satisfaction here. I'm sure there are some exceptions but that's who is likely to defect at the announcement of a price increase. And now they've showed up here with their $80 submissions and "where's my book" threads and made things miserable for the long-term loyal CBCS customers. I saw this coming from a mile a way.
Post 124 IP   flag post
Collector Petroman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Almost by definition they are the most impatient, price-resistant, customers who do low volume submissions and didn't buy into the higher tiers of the CGC loyalty program.

Well in my case I am a CGC elite member and have been for several years. I've got 9 days left on the current membership and have turned off my auto-renew. I would normally send in a submission every month or two so the 15% (now 10%) discount was compelling. Haven't sent one in since March so pretty much just feel cheated out of my membership fees for the current year. I may send one final one in before my membership expires but I'm not planning on re-joining until these TATs are down to a more reasonable timeframe. Hopefully that will not be too long, and honestly I will happily convert over to CBCS if they can get their act together before CGC. Unfortunately the comments I'm seeing on this thread are not giving me that warm fuzzy...
Post 125 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Every other respected collectible grading company (CGC, Beckett, PSA, SGC, VGA) has restricted their tiers, increased their prices, or both. CBCS is the only one I know of that hasn't done so. Maybe it's time for CBCS to restrict the modern tier. At the very least maybe they should limit the Modern tier to books from 1975 to 2000. This will substantially cut down on all the people trying to flip books they bought for $5 and sell for less than $100 (I'm part of this group and don't mind having to narrow down my submissions) and a lot of other crap that could do without grading (I own far too many of these slabs as well).

If it's a modern book from 2001 or later worth submitting, they can still use the other tiers at the higher cost. The current model isn't working. I also hope CBCS doesn't plan on releasing the magazine sized slabs until the issues with all the other grading tiers are resolved. This would create an even bigger headache.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Quote:
Well in my case I am a CGC elite member and have been for several years. I've got 9 days left on the current membership and have turned off my auto-renew.

I could tell you were one of the exceptions by the fact that you ultimately recognized there is a third option, one that larger volume submitters don't normally use because of the cost.
Post 127 IP   flag post
I picture a tie that looks like a deer wiener. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Almost by definition they are the most impatient, price-resistant, customers who do low volume submissions and didn't buy into the higher tiers of the CGC loyalty program.

Well in my case I am a CGC elite member and have been for several years. I've got 9 days left on the current membership and have turned off my auto-renew. I would normally send in a submission every month or two so the 15% (now 10%) discount was compelling. Haven't sent one in since March so pretty much just feel cheated out of my membership fees for the current year. I may send one final one in before my membership expires but I'm not planning on re-joining until these TATs are down to a more reasonable timeframe. Hopefully that will not be too long, and honestly I will happily convert over to CBCS if they can get their act together before CGC. Unfortunately the comments I'm seeing on this thread are not giving me that warm fuzzy...

Post 128 IP   flag post
@Heinzdad haha reminds of this:

Post 129 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
At the very least maybe they should limit the Modern tier to books from 1975 to 2000. This will substantially cut down on all the people trying to flip books they bought for $5 and sell for less than $100 (I'm part of this group and don't mind having to narrow down my submissions).

@flanders I don't think CBCS needs to be in the business of making value judgements, which books are worthy and which are not. Although I have to admit that when I search "CBCS" on Ebay I'm always surprised by how much of the results volume is recent modern books that I had no idea existed. It's always best to set up a system that causes the market to self-select rather than making arbitrary value judgements.
Post 130 IP   flag post
611341 999 30