Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I checked my invoice today and the order that was delivered to CBCS on July 6th is now in labels! I was expecting to wait until February to have them completed and I know the labels stage can take time, but I'm happy with the progress and I'm looking forward to seeing the grades and hopefully a bill for over $1000 which will mean a good amount of my books passed the grade screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
They've been in labels for about three months now, which, yeah, is starting to feel a little frustrating.

Hopefully my labels journey is less than a month, maybe they're starting to get on top of things.

Still not sure why it says pay by "personal check" when I selected credit card, but I'm sure that'll be cleared up.

I'm weird about sending an additional order in while another is processing, but I'll be getting another submission ready soon.
Post 951 IP   flag post
Collector JustinMabooty private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinMabooty

They could do something crazy like pause submissions for a month so they could catch up.

Can they, though? People can have a downloaded copy of their submission form and keep printing out submissions to send. You can't stop the mail.

They could, potentially, increase their various expedited services turnaround to keep the "order jumping" at a minimum, but then customers paying for higher tiered services may be the customers with more capital. Not the people you'd want to disenfranchise.

No grading company could have predicted accurately the runaway market created by the COVID shutdown and Spring crypto bubble allowing a entire new subset of the population to become flush with cash and start dumping it into collectibles. It's unfortunate the impact this has had on long-term and established collectors, almost being skewed to reward band-wagoners. That's just not CBCS's problem. Ultimately, they need to find more, qualified people and employee shortages are impacting nearly every sector of the global economy at the moment.

I'm very happy I don't collect trading cards to be graded...those turn arounds are over a year and they jacked up the price to unreal levels to decrease submission. I don't want that to happen here.

They couldn't predict it but their main competitor was able to keep their TATs accurate. When said competitor significantly increased their TAT, I decided to try CBCS. It's now 7-8 weeks past the original TAT and still in "labels". If I subbed to their competitor, I would have them back by now.
If they can't stop new submissions, then they need to alter the TAT for all incoming books, not just continually extend the TAT of books that have been sitting with them already. Your take that they should be disenfranchising one group of customers over another is insane IMO and generally wouldn't be considered a great business strategy.
Not only did they not pause subs until they're caught up, which you think isn't possible despite PSA figuring out how to do this, they added a "WHY CBCS" tab on their homepage with a list of reasons why people should be subbing to CBCS NOW. Not in the future once they're caught up but right now. Does this make sense to you?
They're apologizing here in this thread for the delays, stating they're hiring more people (which means they don't have enough right?) while actively trying to get more business. Perception matters IMO. Don't apologize to me because you're way behind, need more employees, can't keep up and expect me to be sympathetic in regards to the delays while actively trying to drum up more business. Look at it from your customers' perspectives.
Post 952 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacheis
I’ve requested to have my books sent back regardless if graded or not. Had books pressed but Jeez 9 months!!!

You should just wait it out. 9 months to a year isn't unreasonable anymore for pressing and grading. CGC is the same turnaround and trading cards take even longer. You need to adjust your expectations for what is now the new industry norm until they're able to hire and retain more employees to handle the increased volume. This isn't something that happens overnight.

What's the alternative? You get them back and send to CGC to wait another six months and pay more money for shipping and grading? This doesn't sound very reasonable.
Post 953 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
I checked my invoice today and the order that was delivered to CBCS on July 6th is now in labels!
Awesome news. I'm hopeful my submission from late July is not too far out.
Post 954 IP   flag post
Collector JustinMabooty private msg quote post Address this user
They received mine on 6/8 and they're in labels. Just grading, no pressing. Any idea how long "labels" is supposed to take?
Post 955 IP   flag post

Collector jef private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
@jef Just checked. You sent the books to be pressed 1st. That would be your hold up. Pressing is very behind. Just wanted you to let you know. Sorry for the long wait.

I sent 10 books in for grading, and some for pressing. If I had sent 300 books in, yeah, I can see how it would take awhile.
Post 956 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jef
I sent 10 books in for grading, and some for pressing. If I had sent 300 books in, yeah, I can see how it would take awhile.

You must be used to CGC where they refuse to combine shipping on different tiers/pressing orders which substantially increases costs to consumers. CBCS won't split your orders and ship separately unless you create separate invoices and ask them to do so. The amount of comics you submit doesn't affect where you are in the queue. I'm actually impressed you got a response from the company president and are still whining.
Post 957 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by jef

You must be used to CGC where they refuse to combine shipping on different tiers/pressing orders which substantially increases costs to consumers. CBCS won't split your orders and ship separately unless you create separate invoices and ask them to do so. The amount of comics you submit doesn't affect where you are in the queue. I'm actually impressed you got a response from the company president and are still whining.

@jef yeah dude. Stop being so ungrateful. It’s like if you find a hair in your mashed potatoes but the manager comes out and apologizes, you better start eating around it and be happy you have mashed potatoes at all.

I’ve learned that sadly you’re only going to get two types of feedback on this forum. The vast majority of the posts will be people expressing their similar frustrations and confusion, while a small subset of people with 10k plus posts vehemently defending the status quo and telling you that it’s your fault for not setting your expectations lower than what’s advertised on the website, it’s your fault for not understanding the current market, and there’s no way, no how, not a damn thing anyone can do about it. Any suggestions against the status quo will be deemed stupid, impossible and/or bad for future business despite other grading companies doing similar things. Unless you, yourself own a grading company you’re not allowed to criticize or offer suggestions for improvement. You are not a customer here paying hundreds of dollars for a service, you’re merely an servant to the comic gods and just be thankful your paper treasures can one day be blessed by their gracious touch.

@flanders Is right about one thing. Your order isn’t slowed because you submitted 300 books, it’s because a bunch of speculation junkies submitted 300 books before you (or after and fast passed ahead of you). But just think about how good that will be for CBCS when all those slabs hit the market! So really you should be thanking them and eating your dang mashed potatoes.
Post 958 IP   flag post
I picture a tie that looks like a deer wiener. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Hair is harmless, especially 1. You ever see where a tater grows???
Post 959 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad

Based on your name I’m going to assume you’re in the Ketchup business and therefor directly tied to the success of potatoes farmers! You won’t fool me potato shill! 😉
Post 960 IP   flag post
I picture a tie that looks like a deer wiener. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertom
Quote:

Based on your name I’m going to assume you’re in the Ketchup business and therefor directly tied to the success of potatoes farmers! You won’t fool me potato shill! 😉
No on the Catsup business.... Yes on the well played sir!!!
Post 961 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I think it's about time that the "status" is removed from the Dashboard.
It's not accurate and it's amping up the frustration level.

Leave it as received date and let everyone just do the addition of current TAT (pressing if applicable) to the CBCS received date.
If that simple formula is incorrect... well then I am completely out of ideas to make an incremental improvement.
Post 962 IP   flag post
Quote:
I’ve learned that sadly you’re only going to get two types of feedback on this forum

I'm fine with people complaining, but when you get a prompt reply from the company and are also corrected after providing a misleading post about how grading alone is taking over 7 months, it's hard to side with guy.
Post 963 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

TotFather?
Post 964 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMorse
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

TotFather?
BabyHashbrowns?
Post 965 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

TotFather?
BabyHashbrowns?

Are you related to tater salad?
Post 966 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

TotFather?
BabyHashbrowns?

Are you related to tater salad?
I might be a redneck if I am...
Post 967 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad touché
Post 968 IP   flag post
I feel like an artist with a brush right now.
Post 969 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Hair is harmless, especially 1.

I don't know. I've come across some pretty angry pubes.
Post 970 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Hair is harmless, especially 1.

I don't know. I've come across some pretty angry pubes.
The only angry one I could imagine would be in grown.
Post 971 IP   flag post
Quote:

Kind of like a bald Bob Ross.
Post 972 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

Kind of like a bald Bob Ross.
Thats semi balding fella. Unless you apply a shave and nones the wiser.
Post 973 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Supertom You know we're all in the same boat, right? We've all go books sitting there as long or longer than @jef. Many of us do 50X the business with CBCS that @jef is doing. How would you like us to respond the 54th time someone like this comes on the forum?
Post 974 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@Supertom You know we're all in the same boat, right? We've all go books sitting there as long or longer than @jef. Many of us do 50X the business with CBCS that @jef is doing. How would you like us to respond the 54th time someone like this comes on the forum?

Personally I think the appropriate response would be, "Suck it up, Buttercup." A P.S. would be, "Processing is not a status."
Post 975 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I’ve learned that sadly you’re only going to get two types of feedback on this forum. The vast majority of the posts will be people expressing their similar frustrations and confusion, while a small subset of people with 10k plus posts vehemently defending the status quo and telling you that it’s your fault for not setting your expectations lower than what’s advertised on the website, it’s your fault for not understanding the current market, and there’s no way, no how, not a damn thing anyone can do about it. Any suggestions against the status quo will be deemed stupid, impossible and/or bad for future business despite other grading companies doing similar things. Unless you, yourself own a grading company you’re not allowed to criticize or offer suggestions for improvement. You are not a customer here paying hundreds of dollars for a service, you’re merely an servant to the comic gods and just be thankful your paper treasures can one day be blessed by their gracious touch.

Holy crap!!! A forum newb finally gets it!! 😉 🍻

We're all in this together.
Post 976 IP   flag post
Collector Trixster private msg quote post Address this user
Still waiting on my 3 submissions.

3/30 all modern, half of which were pressed notified on 11/4 in grading (now at 35 weeks)
5/27 all modern, no press moved, invoice updated to grading about 10/6 (now at 27 weeks)
6/29 modern, expanded, and quickstream still at received (now at 22 weeks)

TATS at 3/30 I think were at 16 and 16, and when the 5/27 went to grading TAT was at 19 weeks.

For those who are concerned about their orders changing to received, that is when your card is charged and that free loan starts while your books wait in the queue so maybe it is better to be delayed. Maybe the interest they could make pays for storage fees? Actually delaying charging you for your order speaks well for the company.

As for status updates on orders, I would prefer to see what range of submitted orders are starting or finishing at the various stages of the process. With updates 2 to 4 times a month. Based on grading tier. For example:
Grading - Modern 7/7/21 to 8/15/21
Grading - Expanded 7/10/21 to 8/20/21
Labels - Modern 6/25/21 to 7/15/21.
And so the only updates would be received, date your pressed orders entered the grading queue, and the equivalent submission date for Fast Pass/Press orders so you figure out where they are at. If you have multiple tiers in your submission you would assume that your order is in the one that is the slowest. Unless your order is lagging behind (or lost) this would eliminate a lot of questions about where your specific order is in the process and how long are the stages taking.
Post 977 IP   flag post
Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberghost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberghost
well I stand corrected again, dash board says grading but invoice says labels??/
anybody have this happen and which one would be correct???

@timberghost - Yes. Again, in typical times, many will not even see "Labels" on the invoice. And again, the external Dashboard which we see isn't being updated on a timely basis. Labels suggests that your comics have been graded and are somewhere between, Labels, QC, Encapsulation, Shipping, etc. As has been previously mentioned, this zone is one of the bottleneck areas.

Cheers.
man and I thought press to grade was the bottle neck, lol. It s all good as long as I see that they are some signs of life I'm fine. It was the 9 months of black out that had me frustrated, as i'm sure anyone would be, except for the ones that wanted to stone me just for being frustrated and taking 2 minutes of the big guys time acting like it takes him 23 days to read an email. In the military those kind of people usually ended up taking friendly fire, lol. but seriously thank you for always having positive input and helping us newbies understand the process even under these exceptional times. I can't wait to get my holy grail back graded and framed for the wall. peace.

@timberghost - I understand the frustration…on both sides. One needs to look no further than my Moderated assigned moniker to see that I have been on your side of the table. This forum was very helpful to me in understanding what was occurring and what to expect. I additionally read past posts to get a feel for how to wade past what i had seen from my first couple of test runs of one comic and a doz comic submissions to the 3,000 comic SDCC submission with no paperwork. That was some faith on the line.

And so while i for one have attempted to help newer submitters/forum posters understand what was going on I nonetheless got frustrated when i saw continued and repeated grousing, by some of the same posters, at the same things that that had already been addressed.

So in keeping with the military theme I, being a former sailor, admit and apologize for the shots across the bow that I leveled.

Cheers to you and all the forum posters. Be well. And be patient as I have will be.
hey bro, it's all good. At least I'm seeing some life on dashboard and invoice. No hard feelings what so ever brother. You do what you do. It'll all work out, I just know this isn't normal and one day they will get back to the normal routine. Thanks and peace.
Post 978 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user
Go Navy, baby!
Post 979 IP   flag post
I award you no points! stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
Oct 14 Submission. Processed and moving into Pressing today 12/3
Post 980 IP   flag post
611385 999 30