Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
We should have TAT's going down soon, not soon enough for me, but we have been hiring graders and training them as I type this.
@sborock Thanks for your continued interaction on the forums. I would respectively request that your hiring include people who can intake the submissions and get them logged into the system so they show up in our dashboards in a timely fashion. I dropped of two submissions at Dallas Fan Expo on 9/18/21 and they still do not show up on my dashboard. That's 10 weeks. Sorry to complain, but something as basic as getting confirmation that the order has been received and is in the queue shouldn't take 10 weeks.
Post 926 IP   flag post
Collector Comic217 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberghost
well I stand corrected again, dash board says grading but invoice says labels??/
anybody have this happen and which one would be correct???
I'm in the same boat as you. My status hasn't changed from that for over a month but usually I go by the invoice. This is what I followed with a previous submission and it seemed to be accurate
Post 927 IP   flag post
Collector Comic217 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardzguy
I have an order received in on May 9th which is still showing as processing. Paid in full 2 months ago. Modern tier, regular, no pressing or labels. Turnaround time is supposed to be 17 weeks, I am now at week 20.
I've used CBCS on one previous submission and they were fast compared to other grading services. I checked the other day and they are now actually longer than CGC at 25 weeks. Man PGX is tempting LoL
Post 928 IP   flag post
Collector JustinMabooty private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't realize there was a downloadable pdf invoice that has a different status shown than the dashboard until reading these comments.
That being said, does anyone know what address they use to ship off of? The downloadable pdf shows my incorrect address still and every time I've called (twice after first calling to have the address changed) they've said the wrong address when I ask which they will ship to.
The shipping address on my dashboard invoice and account info say the correct address and I don't want to call a 4th time if I don't have to. Thanks.
Post 929 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone else been waiting since February?
Post 930 IP   flag post

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fads89

Whoop! Whoop!!!! Feb 6th still with CBCS baby!!!

Well..ShiptoCanada for a while now - who knows really!!
Post 931 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
These are in Labels

Post 932 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:

February is crazy!
Post 933 IP   flag post
Quote:
Please tell me that's for pressing AND grading...
Post 934 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinMabooty
Quote:
Please tell me that's for pressing AND grading...

yes on my side anyway - and add in the 4 weeks to get from Canada to Dallas!!
Post 935 IP   flag post
Collector jef private msg quote post Address this user
No response from customer service, I don't know why I even bother with the forum. *But*
Order 21-181CFE8, received on April 30th., That's over 7 months in processing. It's already several months past the originally stated TAT.
I mistakenly sent a second order in with several books that were a bit time-sensitive,
that time has now passed.
Please don't tell me to pay more money for one day turn around or some crap like that, if the stated turn around time is 18 weeks, I would expect a legit business to have it to me in 18 weeks, not 28, not 35,
18. Unbelievably frustrating.
Post 936 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
@jef Just checked. You sent the books to be pressed 1st. That would be your hold up. Pressing is very behind. Just wanted you to let you know. Sorry for the long wait.
Post 937 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user
Mine are being pressed and graded, too. Although "Labels' Seems to be taking the longest.
Post 938 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Yup. Multi-tier order with pressing and grading and no fast anything. They've been in labels for about three months now, which, yeah, is starting to feel a little frustrating.

But these are for my PC, so realistically it doesn't make much difference when I get them back. It's just that I want them.

The all-Modern order I sent in at the beginning of April, thinking I'd have it back by November to sell for extra Christmas money ... well, I abandoned that idea quite some time ago.
Post 939 IP   flag post
TAT theme songs??

Post 940 IP   flag post
Collector Gwenlocke_Variant private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:

good i was just about to ask if anyone still have a submission back from mar. they are waiting on still.
Post 941 IP   flag post
Collector zacheis private msg quote post Address this user
I have been waiting since late Feb. 2021 almost 9 months !!! I’ve sent 2 emails no response and tried calling no answer just goes to voicemail. I’m just want the books back
Post 942 IP   flag post
Collector zacheis private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve requested to have my books sent back regardless if graded or not. Had books pressed but Jeez 9 months!!! Really? Sorry that’s no excuse. Just want my books back and customer service is crap no email response order 21-OB205B8.
Post 943 IP   flag post
Collector dameki private msg quote post Address this user
Finally my March 21, 2021 order is now in labels.
Post 944 IP   flag post
Collector Tyler private msg quote post Address this user
I had my first heart attack a few weeks back. I am now seriously wondering if i am goin got see my books again...EVER 0o ( trying to see the humor in this, you know?)

I am sure that CBCS is doing their best to get a hold of the back log. Do you seriously think they would run a business like this if they could avoid it>?...no,me either.
Post 945 IP   flag post
Collector Tyler private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CICIOJqEb5c
Post 946 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler
I had my first heart attack a few weeks back. I am now seriously wondering if i am goin got see my books again...EVER 0o ( trying to see the humor in this, you know?)

I am sure that CBCS is doing their best to get a hold of the back log. Do you seriously think they would run a business like this if they could avoid it>?...no,me either.

They could do something crazy like pause submissions for a month so they could catch up. They could also be more transparent with what the hold up is and what they are doing to resolve it. An explanation as to why it was allowed to get so out of hand in the first place would be nice. Hiring more people sounds great until you realize it takes people and time to train them so that really doesn't help anyone that's already weeks to months behind the TAT stated when they subbed books.
Post 947 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CICIOJqEb5c

My favorite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDmFtxxQSD8&ab_channel=FredoZico
Post 948 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

They could do something crazy like pause submissions for a month so they could catch up.

Can they, though? People can have a downloaded copy of their submission form and keep printing out submissions to send. You can't stop the mail.

They could, potentially, increase their various expedited services turnaround to keep the "order jumping" at a minimum, but then customers paying for higher tiered services may be the customers with more capital. Not the people you'd want to disenfranchise.

No grading company could have predicted accurately the runaway market created by the COVID shutdown and Spring crypto bubble allowing a entire new subset of the population to become flush with cash and start dumping it into collectibles. It's unfortunate the impact this has had on long-term and established collectors, almost being skewed to reward band-wagoners. That's just not CBCS's problem. Ultimately, they need to find more, qualified people and employee shortages are impacting nearly every sector of the global economy at the moment.

I'm very happy I don't collect trading cards to be graded...those turn arounds are over a year and they jacked up the price to unreal levels to decrease submission. I don't want that to happen here.
Post 949 IP   flag post
Collector Slesko private msg quote post Address this user
Just to help anyone out with TAT. My order was received April 16th, fast press and normal grading. Will be arriving tomorrow
Post 950 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I checked my invoice today and the order that was delivered to CBCS on July 6th is now in labels! I was expecting to wait until February to have them completed and I know the labels stage can take time, but I'm happy with the progress and I'm looking forward to seeing the grades and hopefully a bill for over $1000 which will mean a good amount of my books passed the grade screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
They've been in labels for about three months now, which, yeah, is starting to feel a little frustrating.

Hopefully my labels journey is less than a month, maybe they're starting to get on top of things.

Still not sure why it says pay by "personal check" when I selected credit card, but I'm sure that'll be cleared up.

I'm weird about sending an additional order in while another is processing, but I'll be getting another submission ready soon.
Post 951 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:

They could do something crazy like pause submissions for a month so they could catch up.

Can they, though? People can have a downloaded copy of their submission form and keep printing out submissions to send. You can't stop the mail.

They could, potentially, increase their various expedited services turnaround to keep the "order jumping" at a minimum, but then customers paying for higher tiered services may be the customers with more capital. Not the people you'd want to disenfranchise.

No grading company could have predicted accurately the runaway market created by the COVID shutdown and Spring crypto bubble allowing a entire new subset of the population to become flush with cash and start dumping it into collectibles. It's unfortunate the impact this has had on long-term and established collectors, almost being skewed to reward band-wagoners. That's just not CBCS's problem. Ultimately, they need to find more, qualified people and employee shortages are impacting nearly every sector of the global economy at the moment.

I'm very happy I don't collect trading cards to be graded...those turn arounds are over a year and they jacked up the price to unreal levels to decrease submission. I don't want that to happen here.

They couldn't predict it but their main competitor was able to keep their TATs accurate. When said competitor significantly increased their TAT, I decided to try CBCS. It's now 7-8 weeks past the original TAT and still in "labels". If I subbed to their competitor, I would have them back by now.
If they can't stop new submissions, then they need to alter the TAT for all incoming books, not just continually extend the TAT of books that have been sitting with them already. Your take that they should be disenfranchising one group of customers over another is insane IMO and generally wouldn't be considered a great business strategy.
Not only did they not pause subs until they're caught up, which you think isn't possible despite PSA figuring out how to do this, they added a "WHY CBCS" tab on their homepage with a list of reasons why people should be subbing to CBCS NOW. Not in the future once they're caught up but right now. Does this make sense to you?
They're apologizing here in this thread for the delays, stating they're hiring more people (which means they don't have enough right?) while actively trying to get more business. Perception matters IMO. Don't apologize to me because you're way behind, need more employees, can't keep up and expect me to be sympathetic in regards to the delays while actively trying to drum up more business. Look at it from your customers' perspectives.
Post 952 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacheis
I’ve requested to have my books sent back regardless if graded or not. Had books pressed but Jeez 9 months!!!

You should just wait it out. 9 months to a year isn't unreasonable anymore for pressing and grading. CGC is the same turnaround and trading cards take even longer. You need to adjust your expectations for what is now the new industry norm until they're able to hire and retain more employees to handle the increased volume. This isn't something that happens overnight.

What's the alternative? You get them back and send to CGC to wait another six months and pay more money for shipping and grading? This doesn't sound very reasonable.
Post 953 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
I checked my invoice today and the order that was delivered to CBCS on July 6th is now in labels!
Awesome news. I'm hopeful my submission from late July is not too far out.
Post 954 IP   flag post
They received mine on 6/8 and they're in labels. Just grading, no pressing. Any idea how long "labels" is supposed to take?
Post 955 IP   flag post
618083 999 30