Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
I have another submission going out hopefully soon .
Post 676 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@ComicNinja0215 - Happy Birthday young man! 40’s the new 30, so they say.
Post 677 IP   flag post
@esaravo Thanks Ed!
Post 678 IP   flag post
Collector Petroman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@Bronte completely agreed. For me CBCS is a long-term relationship that is in a rough patch right now. There's been a lot of good and now there's a patch of bad. I have my frustrations, I've said my piece and now we weather the storm together and hope to get back to the good. I'm not going to come on the forum every day and badmouth CBCS anymore than I would publicly badmouth my wife during a difficult and frustrating time. Those who don't understand the CBCS "apologists" should recognize that they are bashing our long-term partner. I understand those who voice frustration on occasion. But as for those who bash and criticize daily, I agree with you, there is an entitlement and whining aspect that I believe will prevent them from ever being good partners for CBCS. I would recommend that CBCS initiate the divorce proceedings.

I respect your opinions, but personally I try to not become emotionally invested in non-living things, and especially so when picking stocks or really anything related to corporate entities. CBCS and CGC are service providers, they put a number on a book and encase it it plastic. Sure, there are arguments as to which one does it better, which case is better, which one has better resale value, etc., but fundamentally they simply grade and slab. At this point in time, with the graded comic book market exploding, my main focus is getting graded books back in a timely manner so that I can sell them. Yes, cost is important too as many books that I want to grade and sell don't warrant the upper tiers, so the grading times for the MODERN tier is primarily what I'm interested in (and I think this is the case for many). I truly hope that BOTH companies will be able to speed up their TATs, but really whichever one gets their machine running again first will get my business.
Post 679 IP   flag post
Collector cawummel private msg quote post Address this user
Was notified my order from May with Fast Press and Fast Pass is on the way back to me. Roughly 22 weeks total it was there, so just about what I was estimating for getting them back. Got two more orders from June and July, which I don't expect to see until maybe December to February.
Post 680 IP   flag post

Okay guys, you're paid up now how about that shipping email?? 🤣🤣🤣
Post 681 IP   flag post
Collector scratchtasia private msg quote post Address this user
I'm happy to see that as of today, my batch of books submitted at Planet Comicon (order created August 17, books submitted August 20) has finally moved from "Submitted" to "Processing" and I'm told they're now in the pressing area. I realize things will still take a long time, but at least it's some progress.

This is my first CBCS submission. My only previous grading experience was some on-site grading from CGC about 15 years ago. I sure took *that* turnaround time for granted.
Post 682 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
Sent in on March 27th...I've been sitting in labels for a few weeks now. Anyone know what the current ETA on labels is?

(16 days later)...Still in labels.
Post 683 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertom
@EbayMafia it may be a long term relationship for you but it’s a first date for many others and their first date showed up 3 hours late.

@SuperTom That's actually a perfect analogy and a great way to express the sense of entitlement. CBCS is 3 hours late to the first date? You all are 7 years late to the date. CBCS has been over here for 7 years wanting your business and you've declined. Now that your regular date isn't putting out very well a couple thousand of you show up here looking for some love. And are just appalled by the fact the line has gotten so long and the situation is so chaotic. I've been here all seven years, it's me who should feel entitled, not you. Ironic.
Post 684 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia I’ve never submitted to CGC and probably never will. I first submitted to CBCS about 5 years ago. I want them to succeed as much as you do. I want them to be better. The vast majority of complaints have been from the lack of communication and the unknown status of their books. I think that’s a fair criticism. I expect nothing more than what’s advertised on their website and I think most people here want the same.
Post 685 IP   flag post
@Supertom That's all fair enough. We're all frustrated and if you look back a bit in this thread you will see me expressing my frustrations. But it was one time, there's no need for me to do it every other day, or once a week. I would say the vast majority of complaints are repeats of previous complaints and on multiple threads. But CBCS did have maybe a thousand new "dates" show up at their door all at once looking for a short-term fix. So they did what makes sense...they took the highest paying dates first. I'm not happy that I got caught up in that, but it doesn't need to consume people.
Post 686 IP   flag post
I picture a tie that looks like a deer wiener. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Man.... I'm so mad. Two orders from mid August still aren't marked as received. What should I do and who should I contact? The answer is nothing and no one. Heres why.....

Three weeks ago I sent in 4 re holders that were received with shipping damage. Shipping means Fed Ex. They were repaired and sent back to me in that amount of time and are in sweet fed ex hands by me already. I contacted NO ONE at CBCS. I filled out the typical re holder form, paid for shipping back, wrote a love note on the form to explain and surely they can check the order # and see how soon it was. They aren't sitting around with their thumbs up their asses guys.

And now I'm mad again!!!! I cut in front of 2 of my own submissions!
Post 687 IP   flag post
Collector Echu711 private msg quote post Address this user
Sent my books in Late March, In processing since 4/17/2021.....In Label stage for almost 2-3 months....what is going on? Supply chain issues for Labels? Any idea on what's goin on?
Post 688 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Man.... I'm so mad. Two orders from mid August still aren't marked as received. What should I do and who should I contact? The answer is nothing and no one. Heres why.....

Three weeks ago I sent in 4 re holders that were received with shipping damage. Shipping means Fed Ex. They were repaired and sent back to me in that amount of time and are in sweet fed ex hands by me already. I contacted NO ONE at CBCS. I filled out the typical re holder form, paid for shipping back, wrote a love note on the form to explain and surely they can check the order # and see how soon it was. They aren't sitting around with their thumbs up their asses guys.

What this tells me is that they have no backlog in the slabbing department. Presumably they did not need to re-grade or re-label the books, so they just re-slabbed them. So its likely that this didn't have too much of an impact on other parts of the grading process for you or others as wherever the backlog is, it doesn't appear to be in slabbing/re-slabbing.
Post 689 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petroman
What this tells me is that they have no backlog in the slabbing department

That could be that case. Or it could be that they expedited an easy fix customer service issue.
Post 690 IP   flag post
I picture a tie that looks like a deer wiener. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petroman
Quote:

What this tells me is that they have no backlog in the slabbing department. Presumably they did not need to re-grade or re-label the books, so they just re-slabbed them. So its likely that this didn't have too much of an impact on other parts of the grading process for you or others as wherever the backlog is, it doesn't appear to be in slabbing/re-slabbing.
That was my best attempt at smart assery. Once again everything gets analyzed like, "my books finally got marked as received, when will they be billed? Then when will they go into grading? And for how long???".
Post 691 IP   flag post
Quote:
That was my best attempt at smart assery. Once again everything gets analyzed like, "my books finally got marked as received, when will they be billed? Then when will they go into grading? And for how long???".

Sorry @HeinzDad, I did see the comedy in the start and end of your post, but the interesting bit (to me at least) was that your reholder books were opened very quickly and processed. In reading through many other posts on this board it seems that there are quite a few submissions that get delivered but don't move into a processing status for quite awhile. I think it is the lack of clarity as to what is going on with submissions that really gets under people's skin. Personally I've given up on submitting any books to either CBCS or CGC until they improve TATs, LOL.

Anyway, glad you got your books reholdered and in a timely manner.
Post 692 IP   flag post
It could be that maybe they knew there was a mistake. Just like the guy that posted incorrect labels recently. I posted about those books in another thread. If anybody, and I repeat, anybody bothered to read they would see those. This would include CBCS mods. That could qualify as interesting.
Post 693 IP   flag post
A WARRANTEE??????
Post 694 IP   flag post
Collector TheMadTitan private msg quote post Address this user

Post 695 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
My Megacon Orlando book (Modern ASP, no fast pass) has just been received
Post 696 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Just ticked past eight months on my late February submission. They'll be done when they're done.
Post 697 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Feb 6th order going into slabs - just got the e-mail....coming back through CBCS Canada though..so will still be a loooooonnnnnngggg time before I see these!!

Post 698 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Feb 6th order going into slabs - just got the e-mail....coming back through CBCS Canada though..so will still be a loooooonnnnnngggg time before I see these!!

We both have a Showcase 55. What's your anticipated grade?

Post 699 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC
going in as CBCS 7.5 with a 2.5 to 3 inch non-colour breaking indentation on the bottom right of the cover

...hopeful for 8 or 8.5 after press magic? even if it stays 7.5 it would be ok by me...at least I would have given it a shot at a bump!

Dale Keown did a nice job on Grundy!!

Post 700 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics Nice!! much higher grade than mine...and yours is signed! If I get a 4.5 I'll be happy but I'm expecting a 4.0.

Awesome sketch too!!!
Post 701 IP   flag post
Collector aswain private msg quote post Address this user
I just got my clone wars 1 back from cheapest grading, pressing and cleaning took a year. They didn’t included that it is a newsstand, some first appearances like captain Rex on the label. the inside of the case is dirty and greasy making the book look bad up close. Not to mention the scratches all Over the case. I never got a email saying it was delivered. Got a call from fedex saying I had something to be picked up. Nice surprise.
Post 702 IP   flag post
Collector jef private msg quote post Address this user
n00b here.

First submission (10 books) went out at the end of April, when TAT was 18 weeks.
24 weeks later, i'm wondering if i made a mistake.

i doubled down on naivete and sent 40+ books at the end of May,

based on the TAT experiences and maths i've read about in the forums,

i should see the books some time in mid 2023.
Post 703 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jef
First submission (10 books) went out at the end of April, when TAT was 18 weeks.
24 weeks later, i'm wondering if i made a mistake.

@jef We're all in pretty much the same boat. Life's just gonna be a little different for a while.
Post 704 IP   flag post
We are in shipping!!!
Post 705 IP   flag post
611387 999 30