Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertom
So I'm ahead of the curve!! Huzzah! It's comforting to know they're safe and now I can at least forget about them for a while. I'm still not sure if I should be in the 17 week TAT range, which is what the estimate was when they were received, or if I'm not in the 22 week group.

@Supertom - You position (pending move/deployment) is the precarious zone that makes the longer TAT's particularly frustrating. That said, from what I believe, the 22 week estimated TAT with no pressing is what you should probably expect at this point. Who knows, maybe there is a miraculous catch-up or an accidental jump ahead of others, but the safest bet is the updated estimate.
Post 601 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@ComicNinja0215 - could be minutes, hours, days, or weeks. Unfortunately it depends on how timely your grade completion notification was.
Post 602 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67 - My grandmother used to say "a watched pot never boils" as I myself check almost everyday for status changes. Even before there was a backlog.

Cheers on the update.
Post 603 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator Thanks man , I appreciate it. Hopefully by next week
Post 604 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I think a lot of collector's are still being duped by the turnaround info on this page. It would certainly help ongoing submissions if this was more accurate.

https://www.cbcscomics.com/grading-pressing-price
Post 605 IP   flag post

Collector EvolutionOfEvil private msg quote post Address this user
Meh...I think I quoted the wrong person and now my response makes no sense. Lol
Post 606 IP   flag post
Collector kidhuman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidhuman
Books mailed in on Aug 13th, Received Aug 15th. Checked in today and moved to processing. So its about 9 weeks from receiving them to moving them to processing as a current timeline. I am happy to know my books are safe. I am gonna wait until after the New Year to send more in.

Also got the email they were moved to pressing. Does the TaT start now or is that included in the weeks I have waited already?
Post 607 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidhuman
Does the TaT start now

It starts the next business day after your books were delivered.
Post 608 IP   flag post
Collector Buckets private msg quote post Address this user
My order has been in labels for months now and here is a brief breakdown of their journey.

Timeline: books delivered/invoiced into CBCS system April 20th, modern with VSP no pressing and no fast pass.

TATs were at 15 weeks(14 for modern + 1 week VSP) when I first submitted. When my comics blew by the 15 week mark, new TATs of 18 weeks were posted a week later. When my order passed the 18 week mark, I inquired again if my books were getting close to ship time. A very professional customer service rep informed me that it looked like another 1-2 weeks before they would ship.

Week 25 has come and gone and new TATs of 22 weeks were also updated recently.

Sept 13th is when I reached out to Darryl and asked if there was an updated time frame or if my order will continue to be pushed back. Either way was fine since I can’t do anything about it and only wanted an honest answer.

Sept 14th Darryl replied: “this should be hitting shipping shortly and I would think in the next week or two. I apologize for the delays”

Flash forward to Oct. 14th and I reached out once again to see if the TATs were going change again as I have still not received any notification about said shipping and or progress.

Oct. 15th Darryl responded with this reply: “this is in the encapsulation department and should be shipping out in the next few weeks”.

I am unfamiliar with grading companies’ interpretation of “next few weeks”. I was told a month ago that 1-2 weeks the books would be shipping. Now a month later they will ship in the next few weeks. The TAT estimate is no longer relevant when the times are always changing.
Post 609 IP   flag post
Finally says billing on my dashboard!!! Has to wait til I get paid next week....ugh lol impeccable timing cbcs lol
Post 610 IP   flag post
Collector felnora private msg quote post Address this user
So, just thought I'd update, as I've just gotten an update from CBCS. So that we all know the 'TAT' is 'more or less' accurate.

1. Mailed/Shipped off books (all modern standard, no pressing, fast stuff, etc) 4/29/2021
2. Books marked 'Received' on 5/17/2021
3. Books marked 'Grading' (along with e-mail saying they were done grading, and going to be 'encased' soon, on 10/21/2021
4. ...

Hopefully they will ship soon. My Dashboard shows 'Grading' and doesn't have the grades, notes, etc.

I hope I get them by next Friday ;p If this keeps up though I'll probably wait to get any more PC books graded til times go down.

------------

Total Time to Hit Grading (after received):
5 months ( Little over 21 weeks )

------------

So estimated TaT's seem pretty accurate. So kudos there, I suppose.
Post 611 IP   flag post
I'd say so. Especially now
Post 612 IP   flag post
Collector MoxieCards private msg quote post Address this user
I'm a first time submitter - so I'm not entirely sure how typical my experience is... but I find the status "updates" to be useless (I haven't received any emails like other posters are mentioning... except advertisements from cbcs - those come every few days like clockwork)... but my dashboard went from submitted (back in may), to received (back in june), to processing (present-day)... wish it was more honest (maybe that's not the right word)... there should be a more accurate "update" - like "in cue" or something... "processing" implies stuff is happening with my comics (other than just moving in line - hopefully).

Then the Turn Around Time got updated to add on 5 more weeks - so I have no idea if that adds 5 more weeks onto my waiting, or if CBCS is going to honor the TAT at the time they updated my order to received (which would have been last week).
Post 613 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@Nearmint67 - My grandmother used to say "a watched pot never boils" as I myself check almost everyday for status changes. Even before there was a backlog.

Cheers on the update.

Yeah, I don't go into that to look for updates knowing it is 8 to 10 weeks from delivery date to received date and 22-ish weeks total TAT.
I just saw it in my emails, which I do check several times a day as I am self employed, and wanted to share.
Post 614 IP   flag post
Collector PhantomStranger271 private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator hey man thanks. You have been super helpful.

I'll just lay low another month I guess. Probably send another order this week.
Post 615 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
What does it mean when invoice change from pressing to labels?
Post 616 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
Is anyone else still waiting on books from MegaCon to be checked in? My concern has raised from level 1 of 10 to level 2 of 10. LOL I shouldn't worry too much but just curious.
Post 617 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS Comics: Production 21-13EEE3B-MD
Inbox
donotreply@cbcscomics.com via sendgrid.net

12:58 PM (12 minutes ago)

to me

Dear Michael Gee,

Your 21-13EEE3B-MD is graded and now it is time to get the comics into a CBCS case! Your tier has entered the production area of the company and will only be here a short time before it ships out!

Again, you can check the status of your order any time on your dashboard at https://www.cbcscomics.com/account and log into your account. Once you are logged in on your dashboard you can view the status on any order by clicking on its link.

Happy collecting!
The CBCS team CBCS Comics: Production 21-13EEE3B-MD
Inbox
donotreply@cbcscomics.com via sendgrid.net

12:58 PM (12 minutes ago)

to me

Dear Michael Gee,

Your 21-13EEE3B-MD is graded and now it is time to get the comics into a CBCS case! Your tier has entered the production area of the company and will only be here a short time before it ships out!

Again, you can check the status of your order any time on your dashboard at https://www.cbcscomics.com/account and log into your account. Once you are logged in on your dashboard you can view the status on any order by clicking on its link.

Happy collecting!
The CBCS team ------------------------------------------------ Thanks for the update! you just don't know how much it means to me. I'm replying because I messed my address up, and I see you have corrected it. thanks!!!!
Post 618 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelgee

@Reelgee - Labels is the stage after grading is completed. You may or (most likely right now) may not see QC, heatseal, encasement, and shipping on your dashboard which are the other substages between Grading, Labels, and Shipped/Completed.

Depending on how long ago your comics actually moved from Grading to Labels (remember the notification may have been delay) you maybe minutes, hours, days, or weeks away from shipped notification. But, you are getting close nonetheless.

Cheers
Post 619 IP   flag post
Collector Lloe01 private msg quote post Address this user
Got them back today. They were sent to CBCS on 1 October and I received them today, 22 Oct.

Post 620 IP   flag post
Its.nice to see key books that are usually CGC a fied in CBCS slabs.1👍🔥🔥🔥
Post 621 IP   flag post
Collector jwhite2737 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelgee

@Reelgee - Labels is the stage after grading is completed. You may or (most likely right now) may not see QC, heatseal, encasement, and shipping on your dashboard which are the other substages between Grading, Labels, and Shipped/Completed.

Depending on how long ago your comics actually moved from Grading to Labels (remember the notification may have been delay) you maybe minutes, hours, days, or weeks away from shipped notification. But, you are getting close nonetheless.

Cheers
Post 622 IP   flag post
Collector jwhite2737 private msg quote post Address this user
My invoice went from Labels last week to today showing Grading.
Maybe I'll have mine back for Christmas.....
Post 623 IP   flag post
@jwhite2737 - do you have multiple tiers? Otherwise, you should see labels after grading. If multiple tiers it might be that a quicker tier already went from grading to labels while a lower tier is still in grading.
Post 624 IP   flag post
Collector Comic_Man private msg quote post Address this user
Can anybody shed light on how long it takes on top of the regular turnaround time for Canadian customers who send their books to the location in Canada?

At least for starters has anybody had any experience and how long it takes books to be marked as received when they are sent to the Canadian location in Canada?

Any help would be appreciated.
Post 625 IP   flag post
Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
so I just got another update saying my books just left pressing ( 7 months???)and it was gonna be a while Steve Ricketts told me months ago they had left pressing??? I called cbcs yesterday and the guy said I would have them back in November. I'm completely lost at this point. 5 of the books ( 1 order ) were just press pass as they came from IGC whose books are always 9.8 but press passed them just incase something happened in shipping as seems to always be the answer from cgc. I have never got an email or any update except from steve ricketts via forum and Jess_o who messaged me that they had left press and have gone to grading. well and the phone call. nice guy. I don't look to see my books until late 2023 at this point. I'm at a complete loss.
Post 626 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@timberghost I just sent you another message. Ricketts would be the one to know when they left pressing. Everyone said they are done with pressing. If the guy today was in Dallas and estimated November, go with that.
Post 627 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comic_Man
Can anybody shed light on how long it takes on top of the regular turnaround time for Canadian customers who send their books to the location in Canada?

At least for starters has anybody had any experience and how long it takes books to be marked as received when they are sent to the Canadian location in Canada?

sorry my experience isn't super recent but there were the approximate times for my last 4 orders

Feb 6 weeks,
March 8 weeks
April 8 weeks
May 13 weeks

Hope to send off 3 orders in 1 package in the next week or so - but they will be straight to Dallas via FedEx (maybe Canpar?)

1 Order will be for Pickup in Oakville, 1 will be for pickup in Dallas by MyComicShop and another will be for MyComicShop to pickup but only keep the lower grade as I'll be sending in 5 issues with doubles so 10 books total - then MCS will send the 5 I want to keep back to me via whatever carrier they use.
Post 628 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@timberghost I just sent you another message. Ricketts would be the one to know when they left pressing. Everyone said they are done with pressing. If the guy today was in Dallas and estimated November, go with that.
thank you for your time. I understand yall are overwhelmed. It'll all work out. Peace
Post 629 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comic_Man

sorry my experience isn't super recent but there were the approximate times for my last 4 orders

Feb 6 weeks,
March 8 weeks
April 8 weeks
May 13 weeks

Hope to send off 3 orders in 1 package in the next week or so - but they will be straight to Dallas via FedEx (maybe Canpar?)

1 Order will be for Pickup in Oakville, 1 will be for pickup in Dallas by MyComicShop and another will be for MyComicShop to pickup but only keep the lower grade as I'll be sending in 5 issues with doubles so 10 books total - then MCS will send the 5 I want to keep back to me via whatever carrier they use.
I'm fixing to send a huge lot to them
Post 630 IP   flag post
618083 999 30