Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Namrepus28 private msg quote post Address this user
Anybody know what the actual TATs are right now for pressing and such? Rough idea?

It's been 14 weeks since CBCS received my last shipment. My 2-Day Moderns should be done already but they just read as "Received" still.

My Modern Fast Passes should be done by the end of this week according to their estimates on the website.

So what I really want to know is...how disappointed should I prepare myself to be?

(And I get that they're swamped, but not updating the TATs to more accurately reflect reality is what I get upset about. Just tell me. It's fine if it's a year, but don't keep saying 3-4 months if you know that's a load.)
Post 551 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Namrepus28 - you have to add the grading estimated TAT’s to the estimated preessing TAT’s

Post 552 IP   flag post
Collector GeekStoxx private msg quote post Address this user
@stevericketts I have this as Ship To Canada… any updates on when it’ll be at Canada HQ for pickup? 20-3F259AD
Post 553 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Wow! A few of these newly posted TAT's are HUGE changes. Most are fairly minor adjustments (modern, expanded and consumer) Those tiers have added 10% to 20% to the TAT. But 2 day modern and rapid are increases of 400%-500%. They used to be - and were actually taking - about one week. Now four to five weeks.

It is what it is, but them are some big increases in those tiers.
Post 554 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@IronMan - Yup, the speculators are trying to catch the seemingly insane comics price run up along with migration from cgc to CBCS due to their own backlogs and price increases. This will pass.
Post 555 IP   flag post

Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@timberghost click on the envelope by my name and send me a message. I'll see what I can do.
done, thank you so much
Post 556 IP   flag post
Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberghost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
@timberghost
contact Jesse.
Ask him nicely to look into the invoice you want info on.
He will help you. Jesse rocks...
how do I contact him???

@timberghost click on the envelope by my name and send me a message. I'll see what I can do.

Like I said...Jesse rocks...
yes he does, I appreciate the help.
Post 557 IP   flag post
Collector JustAThought private msg quote post Address this user
Current TAT is ~5 weeks longer than it was 4 weeks ago (e.g. Grading Modern is 22 weeks now vs 17 weeks then) - I'd say "swamped" is an under-statement. I submitted several books at Dallas FanExpo and they still show "Submitted"; so what was going to be EOY, is now...end of January? Maybe Feb?

I was about to submit some books for 2-day with pressing thinking it would still be a "couple weeks", but now its showing a month or more for grading and over two months for pressing.
Post 558 IP   flag post
Collector felnora private msg quote post Address this user
Well... I wanted to come and complain that I'm now 2-3 weeks past the "TAT", but I see that the times have been updated. Hopefully those are accurate and I'll see my books move on to bigger things this/next week.

Man... I hope we aren't headed for a comic spec crash. Or heck, maybe next year we'll all be buying up slabs at a discount ;p That would be a nice reward for all the waiting for my PC books for soooooo long. My wall is lonely ;p
Post 559 IP   flag post
Collector Namrepus28 private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator Wow.

That's brutal. You'd think they could pay some IT temp a few bucks to update their online presence everywhere to match the current TATs.

"2 Day Modern - 4-5 Weeks"

Ha, time to rename the tiers.

What a mess.

Thank you btw. Appreciate it. I'll look for my books in the latter half of 2022.

At least now I know what to expect.
Post 560 IP   flag post
Collector Spidey62 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@Namrepus28 - you have to add the grading estimated TAT’s to the estimated preessing TAT’s

Right, but these are just best estimates, correct? I mean, I'm just about at 22 weeks for 4 books, 2 of them being quickstream and 2 consumer...and still in grading. So, 22 weeks ain't gonna happen for me. I get it, but it was 5 weeks when I dropped them off in late April. Just hoping for some movement soon.
Post 561 IP   flag post
@Spidey62 - Eh, it could still happen, remember, TAT starts a day or two after it was delivered to CBCS or the Wednesday after the Con. Also, mixing a fast tier(Quickstream) with a lower tier(Consumer) is going to get one the lowest tier TAT.

Here's hoping and Cheers.
Post 562 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@IronMan - Yup, the speculators are trying to catch the seemingly insane comics price run up along with migration from cgc to CBCS due to their own backlogs and price increases. This will pass.

Quickstream also increased 300%. One month to 12 weeks.

I'm only speculating of course, but I suspect what's going on is that people here who have suggested it would be nice if there was a maximum TAT for low priced tiers are getting their wish. A point where newly arrived, higher priced tiers do not keep pushing the TAT back on the least expensive.

Because these TAT adjustments are just too large AND since I was using these faster tiers I KNOW that 2 day modern was IN FACT taking one week - just last week. That Quick stream was taking one month a month ago.

So it's possible someone sent in ten's of thousands of two day moderns a couple of days ago. And the same with Quickstream and Rapid. But what seems more likely is they are extending the TAT's on these popular (my clients LOVE the two day modern) faster tiers so that they have some breathing space to tackle the growing TAT's on the least expensive tiers.
Post 563 IP   flag post
Collector tylerindo private msg quote post Address this user
I sent off books to the Canadian office and they've been MIA for 3 weeks. Is this normal or did my books go bye-bye?
Post 564 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Spidey62 - Eh, it could still happen, remember, TAT starts a day or two after it was delivered to CBCS or the Wednesday after the Con. Also, mixing a fast tier(Quickstream) with a lower tier(Consumer) is going to get one the lowest tier TAT.

Here's hoping and Cheers.

I don't know what to say about what I just received. About an hour after I posted my message, I got the emails that my books were going from grading to whatever the next one is encapsulation or labels or what have you. I guess, as Sheldon Cooper says, for those people who aren't familiar with the law of large numbers this is what we would call a coincidence. Either way, I'm happy to have some movement. Now I'm just hoping to be able to see the grades soon.
Post 565 IP   flag post
@Spidey62

Interesting that you mention it was late April when you dropped off your books. That was just about the time give or take a few weeks when demand for 3rd party grading exploded.

I believe it's easy to think along the lines that comics (and collectibles in general) have been crazy hot for over a year. Starting with the lockdowns in May of 2020.

But the reality is that comic book sales were (surprisingly) strong during the pandemic induced recession. But they were strong at current market values. And this lasted through the entire year of 2020.

The collectible comic book market really went CRAZY starting in Feb/March of 2021. Prices of better books - especially 3rd party graded and encapsulated - books doubled in the next two months and had tripled by June/July. This was on the most minor of key books and ESPECIALLY 9.8's.

This set off an avalanche of books being sent in to the grading companies starting sometime in March. Collectors and former collectors that had their collections just sitting in a closet looked and said "holy shit, all of a sudden I have hundreds of books worth real money". CGC took advantage of the moment and raised prices and then having pumped up the value of the company sold out to an investment firm. CBCS has not raised prices. No surprise then submissions them CBCS are way up.

So the awful truth is your books went in at exactly the time thousands of newbies sent in their books and dealers/flippers greatly upped the quantity of books they sent in. All of this also had the exact same effect on comic book pressing services.

I follow a simple guideline. If price matters the most to me, I use the least expensive and slowest tiers available and just forget about the books. They are safe and will eventually show up. If I care even a little bit about how long it takes, I always at a minimum fast pass.
Post 566 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerindo
I sent off books to the Canadian office and they've been MIA for 3 weeks. Is this normal or did my books go bye-bye?

sadly this is normal...the books won't show until the are received in Dallas - the Canadian site has been taking additional time to get to the US - think my last order was 12 weeks before showing up...so if we figure Dallas is 5ish weeks to receive that means it was about 7 weeks to get from Canada to Dallas? - now that was back in May - no idea what is happening now - the border has opened a little bit so maybe the CBCS Canada employee can get over easier now?? (1 guy who lives on the US side of the river!)
Post 567 IP   flag post
@Spidey62 - I would say coincidence. Frankly, your comics may have been graded weeks ago but just now got marked as such on your dashboard. You know that the your dashboard is completely up to day when you see the Shipped update, which could be later today or a few weeks from now. Please post when shipped and feel free to share via mail call when you unbox.
Post 568 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@tylerindo

post script - I'm going to stop sending to CBCS Canada unless the books are for my personal collection (where TAT's don't matter).

For books I know I will be having MCS (mycomicshop) pickup in Dallas and sell I'll be mailing direct to Dallas for the next few months I would guess
Post 569 IP   flag post
Collector Cardzguy private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone have a realistic guess on modern turnaround times? And don't paste the picture saying 22 weeks. My modern submission was delivered 29 weeks ago and received and billed 25 weeks ago and it still says processing.
Post 570 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Spidey62 - I would say coincidence. Frankly, your comics may have been graded weeks ago but just now got marked as such on your dashboard. You know that the your dashboard is completely up to day when you see the Shipped update, which could be later today or a few weeks from now. Please post when shipped and feel free to share via mail call when you unbox.

Thanks, I did not know you were THE guy! Thanks for taking the time.
Post 571 IP   flag post
@Spidey62 - LOL, Zathras say, the one, but not the one.

Seriously, I am not THE guy, I am just one of many on this forum, and happened to respond to you that minute.

Cheers
Post 572 IP   flag post
@Cardzguy - If your submission was delivered on the 2nd week of April (estimating 27 weeks plus a couple of days for check-in) and it was not for signing event, you are on the wrong side of the estimated 22 week TAT. But based on what some others have been reporting in recent weeks, you are probably just around the corner of receiving a shipped notification.
Post 573 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
But what seems more likely is they are extending the TAT's on these popular (my clients LOVE the two day modern) faster tiers so that they have some breathing space to tackle the growing TAT's on the least expensive tiers.

That would make sense. Even at Disneyland they eventually let the riff-raff get on the ride with the fast-passers.
Post 574 IP   flag post
Collector Buckets private msg quote post Address this user
I was just sent an email this week that stated my order will be another few weeks and went from labels to encapsulation.

Order received April 20th, modern with VSP and no pressing.
Post 575 IP   flag post
Collector PhantomStranger271 private msg quote post Address this user
21-11F72CB Order arrived April 6th with grading and pressing. Currently, I believe I am in week 31, so I guess I need to wait another 5 weeks to see any change.

Still no email answers.
Post 576 IP   flag post
Collector GeekStoxx private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:

sadly this is normal...the books won't show until the are received in Dallas - the Canadian site has been taking additional time to get to the US - think my last order was 12 weeks before showing up...so if we figure Dallas is 5ish weeks to receive that means it was about 7 weeks to get from Canada to Dallas? - now that was back in May - no idea what is happening now - the border has opened a little bit so maybe the CBCS Canada employee can get over easier now?? (1 guy who lives on the US side of the river!)

Yup! Yeah was on the same boat. My books were originally sent out end of November. And it was received in Dallas in December but sat for a few weeks and was not “received” until January. Almost going on one-year here to anyone who’s counting lol

That’s 17 books, 1 VSP, All pressed screened with approximately 15 pressed. (It’s what I gather from the current invoice)

It’s currently on “Ship to Canada” so here is hoping all is good and I receive them for Christmas time. Lol
Post 577 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Using the Canadian office, you can expect your books to arrive in Dallas about 6 weeks after delivery to the Oakville address. But based on the current issues, you probably won't see them shown as received for quite a while after that. If your tracking shows delivered, it's out of your hands at that point but they aren't MIA.

My books sat in Ship to Canada for about 6 weeks then showed up at my door without any email or tracking info.
Post 578 IP   flag post
@PhantomStranger271 If your submission was received 4/6, your estimated TAT should start on 4/8. So you will be at 28 weeks this Thursday the 21st. Pressing is 10 weeks for Consumer and 24 weeks for Modern and Expanded. Then you would add another 22 weeks for grading onto which ever press level you have. So you are still in hurry up and wait mode. But, on the bright side, you are ahead of all my press submissions!
Post 579 IP   flag post
Collector Lloe01 private msg quote post Address this user
I got email that my order containing comics in 2Day, Rapid and QS had gone into grading on October 13.
Today, Oct 19, I got a notice that they had all(2Day, Rapid, Quickstream) been graded and are headed "to be put in a case", as they stated.
So, only 1 week to get them all graded. There were only 9 comics on that invoice.
Post 580 IP   flag post
611351 999 30