Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I dont get people saying get rid of the lower tiers or raise prices....their is a Fast Pass option....if you want your books back faster...choose the Fast Pass. Don't reccomend removing the lower tiers or increasing their prices when there's already an option....Fast Pass.

I don't mind waiting for the price I'm paying.


Very wise @GAC. Somewhat undesirable options are better than no option at all. I think the one mistake CBCS makes is in not giving a maximum TAT for the lower tier service. It should not be an indefinite delay based on higher priced orders that are recieved later. They should establish a timeframe at which they will delay your order no further and actually prioritize your order regardless of subsequent submissions. So when expected TAT's were 8 weeks, it should have been a maximum TAT of maybe 14 weeks. If expected TATs are 22 weeks, it should be a maximum TAT of 28 weeks, etc.
Post 526 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I dont get people saying get rid of the lower tiers or raise prices....their is a Fast Pass option....if you want your books back faster...choose the Fast Pass. Don't reccomend removing the lower tiers or increasing their prices when there's already an option....Fast Pass.

I don't mind waiting for the price I'm paying.


Very wise @GAC. Somewhat undesirable options are better than no option at all. I think the one mistake CBCS makes is in not giving a maximum TAT for the lower tier service. It should not be an indefinite delay based on higher priced orders that are recieved later. They should establish a timeframe at which they will delay your order no further and actually prioritize your order regardless of subsequent submissions. So when expected TAT's were 8 weeks, it should have been a maximum TAT of maybe 14 weeks. If expected TATs are 22 weeks, it should be a maximum TAT of 28 weeks, etc.


@EbayMafia Great suggestion with the maximum TAT, I'd like to see that implemented...I also think if the automated email updates were working as they were intended it would quell most of the status inquiries. Even reminder emails to the client stating "your books are still in the grading room" or whatever stage during the times of big TATs. I'm making the assumption that automated emails (regardless of frequency) is a low cost and simple task to implement.
Post 527 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
.I also think if the automated email updates were working as they were intended it would quell most of the status inquiries. Even reminder emails to the client stating "your books are still in the grading room" or whatever stage during the times of big TATs.


@GAC Apparently that would mean the world to some folks here. Wouldn't change my life by an inch.
Post 528 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I'm probably wrong but I though the "other" guys also have really long turn around times and aren't the card graders even worse?

I mean..it's fine to be frustrated and want to vent - I do it too (and likely will soon enough!) but really....this is something that has hit all collectables and I thought was well known...hell...I've been getting emails from Lee Valley and other retailers saying to expect 1 year lead times to get items and also increased prices - now that is supply chain driven - but still - everything every where is pretty much well and truly f@#ked

Unless you can alter time, speed up the harvest or teleport me off this rock we are in this mess for a while yet I think

Suck it up buttercup(s)!!

You get what you get and you don't get upset....
Post 529 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Unless you can alter time, speed up the harvest or teleport me off this rock we are in this mess for a while yet I think

Suck it up buttercup(s)!!


In my business I'm telling customers in advance that I don't want to sign a contract with anyone who doesn't accept the realities of our current world and that delays are currently out of my control.
Now it's fair to point out that with CBCS this is not exactly the case. The delays on low price tiers are simply a function of how long they will allow your order to be sidelined by subsequent higher-priced submissions. Right now TAT's on my orders are approximately 3x of what they were estimated to be. I feel justified in briefly voicing my dissatisfaction at this point. But I don't see any value in making it a daily habit.
Post 530 IP   flag post


Collector Gwenlocke_Variant private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenlocke_Variant


mines was sent on 03/14/21 i have included pressing and mines still on processing status. did you have yours with pressing also? i dont remember my last submission talking this long. ive contacted cbcs through email and have not had any reply. keep me posted when you get yours back.

thanks


@Gwenlocke_Variant if your submission was modern only the mos recent estimate is 19 weeks pressing + 17 weeks grading so 36 weeks if you had any consumer or expanded, add another 2 weeks.

CBCS got slammed with a much greater amount of submissions due to a combo of massive comic speculation sales and cgc having their own backlog problems and then increasing their prices.

CBCS will get you comics back soon as parr of their issue is in the post grading zone from labels to shipping and they have made some hires which should help address that. Also, in the pressing thread, looks indication is that your comics should have already been pressed a while ago so you may also be done with grading abd be shipped soon would be my guess.

Cheers


thank you for the reply. i have also sent another submission a month ago. it was received already as per tracking. but the status on it is still on submitted and not received. should i be worried? since i havnt gotten an email back from all 3 of my past inquires?
Post 531 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I'm probably wrong but I though the "other" guys also have really long turn around times and aren't the card graders even worse?

I mean..it's fine to be frustrated and want to vent - I do it too (and likely will soon enough!) but really....this is something that has hit all collectables and I thought was well known...hell...I've been getting emails from Lee Valley and other retailers saying to expect 1 year lead times to get items and also increased prices - now that is supply chain driven - but still - everything every where is pretty much well and truly f@#ked

Unless you can alter time, speed up the harvest or teleport me off this rock we are in this mess for a while yet I think

Suck it up buttercup(s)!!

You get what you get and you don't get upset....


If the goal is to just be as good (or bad) as CGC then they’re on the right track but i doubt that’s why any of us chose CBCS. You’re right that the card grading companies are far worse but most, if not all have shut down lower tiers. Even Beckett!

I don’t think it’s a fair comparison with retailers. Their delays are due to product and material shortages that are out of their control. The grading companies are primarily service based and outflow of product is based mostly on their physics capabilities. If we were hearing about plastic or ink shortages that delays the slabbing process that would be another issue.

As I’ve said before, I don’t mind the wait, I just would like a better understanding of where my books are and a realistic idea of when I’ll get them back. They’re struggling to perform these basic services because they continue to take submissions.

Accepting that things are bad and the whole world is bad and there’s nothing we can do about it but suck it up and take it, is a bad way to go through life. I’d like to see progress, innovation and solutions to move passed this and become better.
Post 532 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Gwenlocke_Variant - I don’t think you should worry. It is par for the course right now. You have your tracking, so you should be good.

I have 4 submissions from early Sept. 1 is updated on my dashboard and the other three are not.

Cheers.
Post 533 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Supertom - retailers and such is actually a fair comparison. Again, cbcs didn’t cause rampant speculation to drive up comics prices and thus collectors and speculators to send comics in in droves. Nor did CBCS make cgc raise prices which exacerbated the speculation deluge that CBCS was receiving. Granted, CBCS could have raised their prices, but chose to instead open their doors to disenfranchised cgc customers. Some may stay some may not. Ultimately it is going to put a higher percentage of CBCS labels in the marketplace and make CBCS a stronger company for it.
Post 534 IP   flag post
Collector Petroman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Ultimately it is going to put a higher percentage of CBCS labels in the marketplace and make CBCS a stronger company for it.

Possibly, and I hope you're right. I think its best for all consumers to have choices when it comes to grading books. But just because CBCS has potentially received extra submissions from disenfranchised CGC clients it doesn't mean that these will remain future clients. If they provide poor service they will not retain these clients and will likely lose some of their original clients. I don't know how this will all play out but I will say that CGC has some new process in place which is producing lightning fast turnaround for some modern slow submissions. I'm talking a week or so from delivery to CGC to shipping back to customer. Now its not for all submissions but this new phenomenon is being mentioned on the CGC TAT board. And yeah they still have an apparently large amount of customers who sent books in around the price increase who are in limbo.
Post 535 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertom

Accepting that things are bad and the whole world is bad and there’s nothing we can do about it but suck it up and take it, is a bad way to go through life. I’d like to see progress, innovation and solutions to move passed this and become better.


Yes....but..are you in a position to provide progress, innovation or solutions to issues being faced??

If so you could make a killing because labor shortages, production delays, supply issues and massive spikes in demand are affecting many parts of the global economy and no one else seems to be able to do anything about it.

Seems to me railing against something out of your control is a bad way to go through life the one and only thing we can truly control is how we ourselves react to things - I choose to let minor frustrations and pain points that I have no input into to slide and get on with my day.
Speaking of which...off to re-organize the shed!
Post 536 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Petroman - regarding cgc customers coming over to CBCS, i agree, as i said, some will stay and some will not. I myself, am a former cgc customer.
Post 537 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@Supertom - retailers and such is actually a fair comparison. Again, cbcs didn’t cause rampant speculation to drive up comics prices and thus collectors and speculators to send comics in in droves. Nor did CBCS make cgc raise prices which exacerbated the speculation deluge that CBCS was receiving. Granted, CBCS could have raised their prices, but chose to instead open their doors to disenfranchised cgc customers. Some may stay some may not. Ultimately it is going to put a higher percentage of CBCS labels in the marketplace and make CBCS a stronger company for it.


I don’t disagree but they’re still only able to move through so many submissions a day. So if they have 100 submissions or a thousand submissions sitting in their vault waiting their turn, the same number of slabs will hitting the market.
Post 538 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
Personally I don't mind the long TAT as I understand why it's happening. I think CBCS is a superior product and is worth the wait. I just wish they would improve their customer service which includes not taking 4 months to let people know they actually received their comics (as happened to me), and if they say that they can make a change to your invoice after sending it, actually doing that, instead of saying they did but not doing so.

Also, they have REALLY gotta stop advertising "Fast and accurate turnaround times (8 weeks max)" for Canadian submissions. At this point this is just a flat out lie and false advertising, but it's still on their website. This is what I saw when I made my first submission, before I had checked out the forums, and how long I thought it was going to take when I sent it.
Post 539 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics I have $5k worth of books (potentially $10k depending on the grades) floating in comic purgatory. So I’d say I’m warranted in voicing a little dissatisfaction. I’m also a licensed landscape architect and a lot of what I do is solve problems related to the movement and organization of people. So when I see a problem I’ll admit I can get a little fixated on finding a solution. I’m also all too familiar with being overworked and taking on far more work than any person should reasonably handle because Mr. Bossman doesn’t know when to say when. I missed most of the first 2 years of my son’s life because of decisions like that. So, while I’m not in a position to fix the world’s problems I think my experiences and perspective qualifies me to offer an opinion.
Post 540 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertom
So if they have 100 submissions or a thousand submissions sitting in their vault waiting their turn, the same number of slabs will hitting the market.


@supertom - not in the grand scheme. Big picture.
Post 541 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@Supertom

Oh hey..I hear you - I have $15 to $20k (maybe more if 1 or 2 books hit a 9.8!) somewhere in the system right now.
I myself am a certified accountant and a large part of what I do is analysis so I understand all about identifying and trying to correct system and process errors.

When my books weren't reflected as received I was a bit worried but I had my tracking confirmation that they were delivered so if push came to shove I suppose I could have used that - now they are in the system - it's going to take time so I just try to forget about the books knowing that they are safe and sound moving through the stages.

Like most things just throwing money or bodies at an issue won't solve it - 100% communication from CBCS could be better - 100% they know this - since we aren't on the inside we have no idea what other issues there are and where that lies on the priority list that hey have - their top guy is on these boards as he is grading over the weekend -that speaks volumes to their dedication and gives insight into just how slammed they are.
Post 542 IP   flag post
Collector PhantomStranger271 private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics "their top guy is on these boards as he is grading over the weekend -that speaks volumes to their dedication and gives insight into just how slammed they are."

Um...who is their top guy?
Post 543 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomStranger271
Um...who is their top guy?


It's @Scifinator
Post 544 IP   flag post
If the viagra is working you should be well over a 9.8. xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
In case @PhantomStranger271 doesn't get the joke, it's Steve Borock. Like, this guy https://www.cbcscomics.com/about
Post 545 IP   flag post
Collector Chanfriendly private msg quote post Address this user
Deleted. Not worth the time or complaint.
Post 546 IP   flag post
Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
@timberghost
contact Jesse.
Ask him nicely to look into the invoice you want info on.
He will help you. Jesse rocks...
how do I contact him???
Post 547 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@timberghost click on the envelope by my name and send me a message. I'll see what I can do.
Post 548 IP   flag post
Collector Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberghost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
@timberghost
contact Jesse.
Ask him nicely to look into the invoice you want info on.
He will help you. Jesse rocks...
how do I contact him???


@timberghost click on the envelope by my name and send me a message. I'll see what I can do.

Like I said...Jesse rocks...
Post 549 IP   flag post
Collector Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomStranger271
Um...who is their top guy?


It's @Scifinator


Steve & I were up early grading this morning.
I graded one and got his approval on Poor .5 grade on this one...lol...
Post 550 IP   flag post
Collector Namrepus28 private msg quote post Address this user
Anybody know what the actual TATs are right now for pressing and such? Rough idea?

It's been 14 weeks since CBCS received my last shipment. My 2-Day Moderns should be done already but they just read as "Received" still.

My Modern Fast Passes should be done by the end of this week according to their estimates on the website.

So what I really want to know is...how disappointed should I prepare myself to be?

(And I get that they're swamped, but not updating the TATs to more accurately reflect reality is what I get upset about. Just tell me. It's fine if it's a year, but don't keep saying 3-4 months if you know that's a load.)
Post 551 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Namrepus28 - you have to add the grading estimated TAT’s to the estimated preessing TAT’s

Post 552 IP   flag post
Collector GeekStoxx private msg quote post Address this user
@stevericketts I have this as Ship To Canada… any updates on when it’ll be at Canada HQ for pickup? 20-3F259AD
Post 553 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Wow! A few of these newly posted TAT's are HUGE changes. Most are fairly minor adjustments (modern, expanded and consumer) Those tiers have added 10% to 20% to the TAT. But 2 day modern and rapid are increases of 400%-500%. They used to be - and were actually taking - about one week. Now four to five weeks.

It is what it is, but them are some big increases in those tiers.
Post 554 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@IronMan - Yup, the speculators are trying to catch the seemingly insane comics price run up along with migration from cgc to CBCS due to their own backlogs and price increases. This will pass.
Post 555 IP   flag post
497080 999 30