Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
Last week (Oct 6) I got an email saying my books were going into the production stage.

On Monday, I notched my dashboard had a "Ship to Canada" notice via Canpar

Any idea when my books will arrive at by front door?
Post 501 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayC
Last week (Oct 6) I got an email saying my books were going into the production stage.

I was in Ship to Canada for over 6 weeks before I saw anything at my door.
Post 502 IP   flag post
Collector nic8612 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Oh, this has been said before, but it's always good to remind people. The invoice date on your dashboard is the date the invoice was created, NOT your TAT start date. The invoice date does not get updated at any point. If you mail your books in, this is where keeping track of when CBCS got them is important. If you submitted at a con and created the invoice there, the date will be close enough to not really worry about it, imo.

Not sure how this makes any difference, since the advertised TATs are just painfully inaccurate. They were listed as I think 14 weeks for Expanded when I sent my order in April. Here we are, 25 weeks later and my book are still listed as "Grading"
Post 503 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntergreene2
Quote:

Awesome!! is CanPar seeing delays again too?
Post 504 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntergreene2
Quote:

Awesome!! is CanPar seeing delays again too?

My March submission moved into ShipToCanada status yesterday...hopefully in November it shows up at my door. đŸ»
Post 505 IP   flag post

-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by nic8612
Quote:
Oh, this has been said before, but it's always good to remind people. The invoice date on your dashboard is the date the invoice was created, NOT your TAT start date. The invoice date does not get updated at any point. If you mail your books in, this is where keeping track of when CBCS got them is important. If you submitted at a con and created the invoice there, the date will be close enough to not really worry about it, imo.

Not sure how this makes any difference, since the advertised TATs are just painfully inaccurate. They were listed as I think 14 weeks for Expanded when I sent my order in April. Here we are, 25 weeks later and my book are still listed as "Grading"

The difference comes in when people figure out their TATS. I'm not saying that you did this, but using the invoice date on your dashboard instead of the physically received date could throw off an individual's TAT calculation by days or weeks. For example, if you started an invoice today for comics you are bringing to Charlotte Comicon in December, your TAT would not start until December 13th, but your dashboard will read October 15th. So, by March, you might forget that Charlotte Comicon was in December and just go by the dashboard date, incorrectly adding 8 to 9 weeks to the TAT. And of course, if you take 3 or 4 weeks to fill out an invoice before mailing hem in, that time would incorrectly throw off the TAT also if you go by the dashboard date.

And yes, I have seen it happen. That is why knowing the received date is important.

Edit. Since we have no way of know how people are figuring out their TATS, we assume that they figure them correctly. History has shown that to not always be the case.
Post 506 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nic8612
Quote:

The difference comes in when people figure out their TATS. I'm not saying that you did this, but using the invoice date on your dashboard instead of the physically received date could throw off an individual's TAT calculation by days or weeks. For example, if you started an invoice today for comics you are bringing to Charlotte Comicon in December, your TAT would not start until December 13th, but your dashboard will read October 15th. So, by March, you might forget that Charlotte Comicon was in December and just go by the dashboard date, incorrectly adding 8 to 9 weeks to the TAT. And of course, if you take 3 or 4 weeks to fill out an invoice before mailing hem in, that time would incorrectly throw off the TAT also if you go by the dashboard date.

And yes, I have seen it happen. That is why knowing the received date is important.

Edit. Since we have no way of know how people are figuring out their TATS, we assume that they figure them correctly. History has shown that to not always be the case.

My order was physically received by CBCS in April, checked into the system and I was billed on May 5th.

24 weeks since then. Absolutely unacceptable.
Post 507 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Just send in books once per month; every month.
In a year you'll be getting graded books delivered every month.
It helps the pain and frustration go away I have learned
Post 508 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@nic8612 - the estimated TAT’s are good faith estimates at the time. Fact is, When we send in lower tiers like Modern (most of my submissions), Expanded (your Submission) and consumer, we know that the TAT’s can get bumped due to a higher than normal influx of fast passes, 1 Day, 2 Day, Rapid, or Quickstream submissions. As such, we have a choice:

A) Accept the risk and send in,
B) Pay more money and choose fast pass or higher tier,
C) Don’t accept the risk and not submit.

Car manufacturers didn’t create the chip shortage, the toy sellers didn’t cause there to be about a hundred cargo ships to be anchored outside of LA & LB ports, nor did CBCS make cgc raise their prices or make comic prices insanely high due to rampant speculation. $#!+ happens.

Sorry to vent in response you but I am getting fed up with people blaming CBCS for a problem that they did not create.

And before anyone says it, shutting off new submissions is not the right answer. That would have been an even worse business decision for what is still a fairly new company trying to get a stronger footing with more market share and acceptance.
Post 509 IP   flag post
Collector Ezekiel_Acq private msg quote post Address this user
Well said Scifinator
Post 510 IP   flag post
Collector Petroman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Sorry to vent in response you but I am getting fed up with people blaming CBCS for a problem that they did not create

I've read a ton of the comments on this board and I don't think that people are complaining about CBCS being busy. Sure they want a faster turn around time but they also want confirmation that their books have been received and are being processed. It seems that many have seen no status updates in many months.
Quote:
And before anyone says it, shutting off new submissions is not the right answer. That would have been an even worse business decision for what is still a fairly new company trying to get a stronger footing with more market share and acceptance.

IMHO they should either shutdown the cheaper tiers and/or raise their prices. They are unable to keep up with current demand and have not been able to increase supply so something has to give. Allowing an ever expanding backlog is not good for customers and will hurt CBCS more than it helps them WRT building their business.
Post 511 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I dont get people saying get rid of the lower tiers or raise prices....their is a Fast Pass option....if you want your books back faster...choose the Fast Pass. Don't reccomend removing the lower tiers or increasing their prices when there's already an option....Fast Pass.

I don't mind waiting for the price I'm paying.
Post 512 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
I sent in 30 books (a mix of bronze & moderns) that were delivered to CBCS on August 16th. That's 8 weeks ago today. Still not showing received. That should change within the next two weeks as Darryl told me they are running 8 to 10 weeks behind on "receiving". Getting there.....

Oh, hey @scifinator.....Bodda Boom....Hit in right on the button ovadare....
Godda go...Harley is making her rounds, & I aint missing dat for nuttin'''hahahehehoho.....
Post 513 IP   flag post
@nic8612
My order was physically received by CBCS in April, checked into the system and I was billed on May 5th.
24 weeks since then. Absolutely unacceptable.

Ehhhhh, want some cheese to go with dat whine.....
Come on man....Wait, didn't they use to say dat on the NFL post game show.....

Unless you been hiding in a cave, you know there is and will continue to be a loooong wait time for getting books graded and returned.

No one is ova-da moon about it. But this is a hobby for most (business for some). Enjoy the hobby.
And don't worry....be happy...
When you get your beautifully encased comic books back soon, and you pop open that big box you gonna be so happy that you will be like.. Yee-haw, Woo-hoo, Cuttn' loose ava heer....
Post 514 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petroman

They are unable to keep up with current demand and have not been able to increase supply so something has to give.

So if you were on the beach when a tsunami crashes on shore, will you be able to keep up with the speed that water is moving or divert it? The only thing that is going to give is patience.

Scifinator just said it;
A) Accept the risk and send in,
B) Pay more money and choose fast pass or higher tier,
C) Don’t accept the risk and not submit.

or you can send them to CGC which is backlogged even more than CBCS with longer TAT for more $$.
or you can send them to PGX or EGS or HALO or ABC or XYZ.......

You are in the best place to get your books graded by the some of the most experienced graders in the hobby with the best made cases in the industry for the cheapest price. So just take a deep breathe and know you will get your books back. And you will be smiling when you do.
Post 515 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67 new forum mascot right here!
Post 516 IP   flag post
You guys are simping so hard for CBCS that I would swear this is their OnlyFans page
Post 517 IP   flag post
@nic8612 there's no sympathy here....its applying reason and understanding the situation at hand.
Post 518 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator Tell me what you think of this,I'm still new to grading n slabbing books, but i went in favor of CBCS because,(1) i like helping out the underdogs,(2)this forum and the people on it has been friendly,and taught me a lot.(3)Prices works in favor of my wallet.So don't take this the wrong way when i say i some what disagree with this isn't CBCS fault.No they shouldn't stop new submission, but they could put a hold on fast pass n fast press until they get caught up.They can try to hire more people ( which i know they're trying)or they could try to setup a second team.One just for fast pass n press, the other for everyone else.Maybe they have tried these or already have them in place don't know. but what i do know is since I've been off work (rear ended at work at the end of June)
I've seen books that's been out only few months already slab for sale on ebay by both cgc,CBCS. I've seen people with 20 plus books get theirs back b4 someone with just two.Now i know there is a lot of factors to consider.My point is i notice there's a lot of high rollers here that seems to be favor over the minions(me).I could be 100% wrong but that's how it appears to be.I know this is business and its all about the money.But i think people wont have torches n pitchforks out as much if their concerns about the status of their books are address better, without bugging Steve and the crew about it (like i have).For what its worth I'm not complaining, just tryin to be helpful.CBCS is still my #1 go to guy!
Post 519 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelgee
@Scifinator Tell me what you think of this,I'm still new to grading n slabbing books, but i went in favor of CBCS because,(1) i like helping out the underdogs,(2)this forum and the people on it has been friendly,and taught me a lot.(3)Prices works in favor of my wallet.So don't take this the wrong way when i say i some what disagree with this isn't CBCS fault.No they shouldn't stop new submission, but they could put a hold on fast pass n fast press until they get caught up.This would still fall into the tuning business away category & be counter good business in turning down higher profit business for lower margin. They can try to hire more people ( which i know they're trying)As it became apparent that there was going to be no let up in the business uptick, they did decide to higher and have, but it takes a lot of time and effort to properly train, so while they have hired it is going to take some time for that to filter through or they could try to setup a second team.One just for fast pass n press, the other for everyone else.Maybe they have tried these or already have them in place don't know.Same here, I don’t know but wouldn’t be surprised if the already do this but what i do know is since I've been off work (rear ended at work at the end of June)
I've seen books that's been out only few months already slab for sale on ebay by both cgc,CBCS. I've seen people with 20 plus books get theirs back b4 someone with just two.Now i know there is a lot of factors to consider.My point is i notice there's a lot of high rollers here that seems to be favor over the minions(me) I am in the same boat as you in that i don not pay for fast pass and in three years have only made two submissions of 6 comics that fit into the 1Day - Quickstream rhelm. This again goes to my premise we have a choice pay more for the head of the line or hang with the masses. I chose patience and lower cost. I could be 100% wrong but that's how it appears to be.I know this is business and its all about the money.But i think people wont have torches n pitchforks out as much if their concerns about the status of their books are address better, And this this is one of the head bangers for me unless someone, like a few members, are going to be moving or getting shipped out, etc we actually don’t really need to know where in the process our comics are. It is nice and exciting to here/see the progress, but we don’t neeed that dopamine rush. Again we should not mind that they sacrifice the timely updating of the external dashboard in favor of focusing the resources on production without bugging Steve and the crew about it (like i have).For what its worth I'm not complaining, just tryin to be helpful.CBCS is still my #1 go to guy!
@Reelgee i hear you but please see my bold responses above.

Cheers to you and all and let’s hope CBCS new hire’s and lack of a monthly special make the current TAT’s the Peak.
Post 520 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petroman
Quote:
Sorry to vent in response you but I am getting fed up with people blaming CBCS for a problem that they did not create

I've read a ton of the comments on this board and I don't think that people are complaining about CBCS being busy. Sure they want a faster turn around time but they also want confirmation that their books have been received and are being processed. It seems that many have seen no status updates in many months.
Quote:

IMHO they should either shutdown the cheaper tiers and/or raise their prices. They are unable to keep up with current demand and have not been able to increase supply so something has to give. Allowing an ever expanding backlog is not good for customers and will hurt CBCS more than it helps them WRT building their business.
@Petroman - On its face, one might think it would hurt, but I suspect that shutting down submissions and/or raising prices would in actuality have a greater negative effect on their future growth. They are seeing enormous growth in submissions by once cgc only submitters and let’s assume that none of those people will ever resubmit to CBCS? I don’t think so. Quite to the contrary and ebay, MCS, LCS, etc will also have a greater number of CBCS encased comics to sell which will garner further acceptance and fanbase within the collecting community.

And, to the point of raising prices, CBCS has effectively done so without the negative connotation of such by scaling back their Promo discounts. What has a 20% promo went to 15%, 10%, 8%, 5% down to no discount at all this month with the exception of a 5% discount if you pre-fill out your submission prior to Con dropoff.

Lastly to all, let us not forget, as CBCS is a service company, it is a company for profit and not a charity. Further, the bucks do not stop at Steve Borocks desk. There is a higher power to answer to and that power probably is targeting a certain bogie for cashflow and profit. I highly doubt that they would say or tolerate a stance of ‘we are backed up, so we are going to shut the receiving door’. I suspect quite the opposite is true and more of a pragmatic ‘let’s take this opportunity to gain market share’ is in play.

So again will some be turned off? Perhaps. But are they going to lose me not that i have to wait over half a year to get my comics back or don’t tell me where/what stage my comics are? Nope. As long as they continue to be good custodians of the comics that I have placed in their care, I am good.
Post 521 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator thanks for the response.And since I'm not tryin to upset or dispute with anyone. I'll just say two things (1)I'm glad heating n cooling companies don't have fast pass(at least that i know of.) LOL!(2) There's this saying that sticks in my head.( KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE!!:cool Gee, cant remember who said that. LOL. Thanks for listening!!YO YO!! Go CBCS Go!!!!
Post 522 IP   flag post
@nic8612 - nope, just tired of some of the posts. Your “Absolutely unacceptable” comment triggered me.

There are several people on this forum that were very helpful to me when I was first researching CBCS and I further appreciated their guidance and helpfulness after I started using CBCS.

I have tried to be likewise helpful. But , like I said in the previous post, just getting fed up.

I think there is a lot of evidence that many of us are getting to used to the instant gratification that technology has brought to us.

Many of us are addicted to the dopamine rush of social media likes, etc.

Many of us go to post in a help or information thread without first scrolling through to see if our question/concern was already addressed (which goes back to the instant gratification and dopamine premise’s by posting the complaint or rant).

I say many of us, as I too am guilty of such.

Scifinator weekend rant over. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Dated myself there
Post 523 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
It'd be nice if an IT person built a software interface for CBCS internal system and our customer dashboards.

The initial outlay might be alot, but think of the positives. I dunno - just thinking crazy thoughts
Post 524 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
It'd be nice if an IT person built a software interface for CBCS internal system and our customer dashboards.

The initial outlay might be alot, but think of the positives. I dunno - just thinking crazy thoughts

@Nuffsaid111 - It would be nice, but from a cyber security standpoint I hope and pray that CBCS never does this.

Besides the credit information that would be more at risk just the chaos that could be unleashed by a ransomware attack or someone secretly tinkering around and erasing or moving submissions from @Nuffsaid111 to @ebaymafia etc.
Post 525 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I dont get people saying get rid of the lower tiers or raise prices....their is a Fast Pass option....if you want your books back faster...choose the Fast Pass. Don't reccomend removing the lower tiers or increasing their prices when there's already an option....Fast Pass.

Very wise @GAC. Somewhat undesirable options are better than no option at all. I think the one mistake CBCS makes is in not giving a maximum TAT for the lower tier service. It should not be an indefinite delay based on higher priced orders that are recieved later. They should establish a timeframe at which they will delay your order no further and actually prioritize your order regardless of subsequent submissions. So when expected TAT's were 8 weeks, it should have been a maximum TAT of maybe 14 weeks. If expected TATs are 22 weeks, it should be a maximum TAT of 28 weeks, etc.
Post 526 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Very wise @GAC. Somewhat undesirable options are better than no option at all. I think the one mistake CBCS makes is in not giving a maximum TAT for the lower tier service. It should not be an indefinite delay based on higher priced orders that are recieved later. They should establish a timeframe at which they will delay your order no further and actually prioritize your order regardless of subsequent submissions. So when expected TAT's were 8 weeks, it should have been a maximum TAT of maybe 14 weeks. If expected TATs are 22 weeks, it should be a maximum TAT of 28 weeks, etc.

@EbayMafia Great suggestion with the maximum TAT, I'd like to see that implemented...I also think if the automated email updates were working as they were intended it would quell most of the status inquiries. Even reminder emails to the client stating "your books are still in the grading room" or whatever stage during the times of big TATs. I'm making the assumption that automated emails (regardless of frequency) is a low cost and simple task to implement.
Post 527 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
.I also think if the automated email updates were working as they were intended it would quell most of the status inquiries. Even reminder emails to the client stating "your books are still in the grading room" or whatever stage during the times of big TATs.

@GAC Apparently that would mean the world to some folks here. Wouldn't change my life by an inch.
Post 528 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I'm probably wrong but I though the "other" guys also have really long turn around times and aren't the card graders even worse?

I mean..it's fine to be frustrated and want to vent - I do it too (and likely will soon enough!) but really....this is something that has hit all collectables and I thought was well known...hell...I've been getting emails from Lee Valley and other retailers saying to expect 1 year lead times to get items and also increased prices - now that is supply chain driven - but still - everything every where is pretty much well and truly f@#ked

Unless you can alter time, speed up the harvest or teleport me off this rock we are in this mess for a while yet I think

Suck it up buttercup(s)!!

You get what you get and you don't get upset....
Post 529 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Unless you can alter time, speed up the harvest or teleport me off this rock we are in this mess for a while yet I think

Suck it up buttercup(s)!!

In my business I'm telling customers in advance that I don't want to sign a contract with anyone who doesn't accept the realities of our current world and that delays are currently out of my control.
Now it's fair to point out that with CBCS this is not exactly the case. The delays on low price tiers are simply a function of how long they will allow your order to be sidelined by subsequent higher-priced submissions. Right now TAT's on my orders are approximately 3x of what they were estimated to be. I feel justified in briefly voicing my dissatisfaction at this point. But I don't see any value in making it a daily habit.
Post 530 IP   flag post
619263 999 30