Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Cardzguy private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator I have a modern submission at CBCS. No Pressing, No Cleaning, No Labels. Delivered 27 weeks ago, received into their system and paid 22 weeks ago, that is still in "Processing". If, as people say, once it moves to next step is 10 weeks, then this will make total time after they received it at 32-37 weeks, depending on how you look at receive date. That is also IF they move it today. No answers to email, no resolutions from phone calls. Also, I am in USA, not Canada.
Post 451 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardzguy
@Scifinator I have a modern submission at CBCS. No Pressing, No Cleaning, No Labels. Delivered 27 weeks ago, received into their system and paid 22 weeks ago, that is still in "Processing". If, as people say, once it moves to next step is 10 weeks, then this will make total time after they received it at 32-37 weeks, depending on how you look at receive date. That is also IF they move it today. No answers to email, no resolutions from phone calls.

@Cardzguy - Good info, thanks for the details. So your is definitely on the wrong side of the estimated TAT. That said, there is no constant right now when it comes to the updating of the dashboard. We all have to remember, that that is the area that CBCS appears to be putting sacrificing while concentrating on the backlog. I have personally seen on many occasions that "Grading, Labels, QC, Encasement, and "Shipping" has been updated within a couple of days and even a couple of hours on some submissions. Obviously that is not what is occuring behind the scenes, it just happens to be when the date gets entered into the external dashboard for us to see.

Here is hoping that you see something similar with your submission and get it back in the next week or so.
Post 452 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobashek
Tomorrow marks 17 weeks for me. No updates on invoice or dashboard. No pressing and one signature verification.

@Bobashek - Was your VSP submission sent in before, after, or the same time as your separate Pressing submission that CBCS received/checked-in on June 20th? Your orders may end up being good indicators for me as I had been sending submissions in each month since April.

Thanks for the info.
Post 453 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
Sent in on March 27th...I've been sitting in labels for a few weeks now. Anyone know what the current ETA on labels is?

gonna say...long??

I have an order form Feb that has been in labels for a while too!

Apparently my March order is done pressing (no official update though other than comment from our press master!)

April and May???
Post 454 IP   flag post
Collector jwhite2737 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@jwhite2737 - was your submission sent in for either a signing pressing or does it have pressing service?
Post 455 IP   flag post

My books were sent in for pressing and grading. All told 5 books.
Post 456 IP   flag post
Sent in for pressing and grading. 5 books total.
Post 457 IP   flag post
Collector Makeminedeadpool private msg quote post Address this user
Does someone know the tat for the rapid tier, it says 1 week but my book ahs been there a month and no update so far?
Post 458 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobashek
Tomorrow marks 17 weeks for me. No updates on invoice or dashboard. No pressing and one signature verification.

@Bobashek - Was your VSP submission sent in before, after, or the same time as your separate Pressing submission that CBCS received/checked-in on June 20th? Your orders may end up being good indicators for me as I had been sending submissions in each month since April.

Thanks for the info.

@Scifinator..I sort of messed up when I dropped my order off at the con on 6/20. One of the books is the Maxx 1 ashcan black signed by Sam Keith. The CBCS rep at the show never said I had to do VSP (they a come that way) so I didn't pay for it (nor did he pitchmembership, fast pass etc). On this forum, I was corrected saying it would lower my grade if I didn't do VSP. I called customer service a few weeks later and they got VSP added and was charged almost immediately. I don't know if it pushed my entire order back or not. I tried Darryl and after a brief conversion, I'm not sure there was any resolution. I'll also be moving in the next couple of months and am trying to get the ship address changed. I think it's being worked on but not entirely sure. These forums really help so I'm watching these for details over my dashboard or invoice.
Post 459 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhite2737
My order was received on 02/06/21. I have had ZERO response from customer service. 32 weeks does sound like a minimum at this point, especially since my order has no updates. Stop taking submissions and get caught up or at least be honest about TAT. This is ridiculous.

@jwhite2737 - So with pressing, you are coming up on the next week or so of your submission being at the estimated TAT of 19 weeks for Pressing plus 17 weeks for Modern Grading (assuming no Consumer or Expanded tier).
Post 460 IP   flag post
@Bobashek - Ugh! So, if you only have 1 submission number, with some press your overall estimated TAT would be 19 weeks for press plus 19 weeks for expanded (even though Maxx is modern, because it is Ashcan, it gets moved to expanded tier) plus 1 - 2 weeks for the VSP. Hopefully you get lucky and it slips through a little quicker, but looks like you will probably need the address updated.
Post 461 IP   flag post
Ooooof! I was just about to answer @Makeminedeadpool and wanted to double check the TAT's, and...they have been updated.

Here is to hoping that with the new hires, that this is the point where the pendulum swings back.
Post 462 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
With a 4-5 week turnaround, perhaps it's time to consider rebranding the 2-Day Modern offering?
Post 463 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you CBCS Team for the updated TATs! Now we are able to have accurate expectations and make informed decisions.
Post 464 IP   flag post
Collector Makeminedeadpool private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator, thanks I guess they updated them 10 minutes after I looked , well I guess I don't have to check on the book for another 2 weeks or so
Post 465 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
I may be to blame (or thank?) for the updated TAT. I reached out to Darryl this morning and he responded very quickly with an estimate of 23 weeks for modern submissions. I see now that the site has been updated as well. He also confirmed that the 8-10 weeks it's taking them to check books in, is included in your TAT and that they backdate the TAT to when your books arrived. I'm assuming that means I'm still in the 17 week range but based on other posts I'm not optimistic. At least this will give new potential submitters a better sense of when they can expect their books.

The irony here is by updating the TAT it's going to push people to submit higher tiers and buy fast passes, which will only further delay the standard submissions. As discussed a few pages ago, I really think it's time to shut things down or at the very least stop all standard modern submissions. Nearly half a year (or nearly a full year with a press) to see your books again is a bit redonkulous.
Post 466 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhite2737
My order was received on 02/06/21. I have had ZERO response from customer service. 32 weeks does sound like a minimum at this point, especially since my order has no updates. Stop taking submissions and get caught up or at least be honest about TAT. This is ridiculous.

@jwhite2737 - So with pressing, you are coming up on the next week or so of your submission being at the estimated TAT of 19 weeks for Pressing plus 17 weeks for Modern Grading (assuming no Consumer or Expanded tier).
Post 467 IP   flag post
Thanks. I appreciate the info. So this forum has given me better response in two days than the company I'm paying for services from in months.
Post 468 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like it's gonna be a couple weeks more, that's okay. It's gonna be worth the wait.
Post 469 IP   flag post
Collector Petroman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petroman
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Then the 22+ week wait for grading and labels etc.... Check me on the math, but a minimum of 10 weeks before "received", then 22+ weeks TAT...= 32+ weeks from the time the books hit the doorsteps of CBCS.
That's a mere 8 month TAT.....

@Nearmint67 - Definitely NOT correct. As @Dielinfinite said. While the dashboard data entry may be 10 weeks behind, the Estimated TAT starts a day or two after package is received by CBCS or in the case of signing event after received back by the talent signing the comic.

Where are the official TAT estimates kept? The numbers on https://www.cbcscomics.com/estimated-turnaround-times have not changed in months, and definitely do not seem correct based on the comments posted on this board. They seem to be way too low.

I now stand corrected! They have finally updated their website. Certainly a step in the right direction.
Post 470 IP   flag post
@jwhite2737 - You may have seen it, but shortly after I made the response to you, CBCS updated the TAT's, so now it looks like 24 weeks for Press plus 22 weeks for grading, so, here is to hoping yours comes back to you sooner than the updated TAT's.
Post 471 IP   flag post
Collector Slesko private msg quote post Address this user
My expanded order with fast press and normal grading was received April 12th. Invoice says it’s in labels. If I go by the new turnaround time I should get them in January when I was originally thinking sometime in September I think. I get that TAT can change but for my first submission ever to take this long is getting frustrating. Just venting a little, excited to see my books whenever they arrive
Post 472 IP   flag post
@Slesko - if you are in labels already, you will likely be receiving your submission back sooner than January.
Post 473 IP   flag post
Collector PhantomStranger271 private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator

If these are the updated times, where are the previous ones? Just want to do a comparison.
Post 474 IP   flag post
Collector Petroman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomStranger271
@Scifinator

If these are the updated times, where are the previous ones? Just want to do a comparison.

These are the prior ones that were in effect for at least 2 months.

Post 475 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
So if one wants a press and grading for a simple Modern .... let me pull out my trusty calculator.... hmmm .... hmmmm.... by my calculations I get the sine of 56 degrees + the square root of 17 divided by 8 and then take the tangent of that number and I get .....
46 weeks.

Not bad!!!
Cant we round it off to an even 52?
It's just easier to say "expect my book in a year"
Post 476 IP   flag post
Collector Cardzguy private msg quote post Address this user
Considering my submission is there 22 weeks and still processing, I would guess that they need to recalculate again
Post 477 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator I like your knew moniker. But I'm thinking that if I could have chosen your moniker I would have gone with something you said a few months ago. Something like "I might be the reason your TAT's are so long".
Post 478 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@Scifinator I like your knew moniker. But I'm thinking that if I could have chosen your moniker I would have gone with something you said a few months ago. Something like "I might be the reason your TAT's are so long".

This actually explains a lot…
Post 479 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia @Supertom - LOL i admit that in July of 2019, I tsunami’d CBCS. And even with the move of pressing from FL to TX at the same time as being shut down due to the Pandemic, they recovered and were a well oil machine in the 4th qtr of 2020.

Now the speculation crush occurred plus cgc raises prices. I only jumped on the wave that was already in process and spread out 1,100 comics from May - Sept in a couple dozen submissions. I would have held off, but when the president of the company say he won’t raise prices during a pandemic, i start to read between the lines.

I suspect the pinnacle has been reach and TAT’s start dropping regularly by year end like they started doing in 2019.
Post 480 IP   flag post
611388 999 30