Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@EbayMafia - i trust you are not saying that CBCS is not giving a good faith effort. For of that were the case no standard modern or expanded would be coming out at all, which is most definitely not the case.

@Scifinator I'm not there yet. Considering my long positive relationship with CBCS, I would have to be a complete ingrate to turn on them quickly. I've had an account since their first year in business. Customer Service is not an complaint from me because I haven't needed it since my first submission in 2014. I don't inspect my slabs for "scuffs" or minor labeling issues, so that probably helps. But I do know that the delays in my orders (April and mid-May) are not caused by something uncontrollable like an inventory stock-out. They are the result of a business decision to continue taking higher-priced subsequent submissions ahead of mine. TAT's is number 2 on my list of 3 reasons why I choose to support CBCS over CGC. But the delays are making my #1 reason (Price) irrelevant. I've always gone with the low price options, but that has allowed me to submit many books that I wouldn't otherwise submit. At this point I would gladly pay a 25%-35% premium right now if I could get my books back next week. I'm down to only reason #3 (Product Quality) remaining. As a reasonable and fair-minded person, I have to ask what is the number where I have the right to say "enough"? What was initially 7 weeks has gone past 20 with no end in sight. Is it 25 weeks, 30 weeks? I don't know. I do know as a small-time seller that the 2022 IRS reporting changes is an important deadline for me...and I'm running out of time. I expected to have many of these books sold by now.
Post 301 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@ebaymafia - I hear your points and understand. Cheers and hopefully the hires that CBCS has made will speed things along from the labels to shipped bottleneck.
Post 302 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator Yes I under it was unexpected and difficult to predict what would happen after CGC raised their prices. All I’m saying is that if they can no longer give a reasonable estimate, they should stop taking submissions or at the very least double the estimate so it’s at least somewhat accurate and a bit more honest.

The website still shows modern as 17 weeks and based on other posts it sounds like it been around there for several months despite all the stories we’re hearing of 25-30 week waits. Their pricing page also still has it at “4-6 weeks currently”. The only “fine print” I can find is “*** All turn around times are estimates ***” and “ ** Subject to current volume”. The ol’ catch-all asterisks. Nothing about the 6-8 weeks it takes to check orders in, nothing about how the TAT varies based on number of higher tier submissions. So to the average consumer who’s fed up with CGC looking for a better service, what are they to think? ComicTom and the Comic Guru just did a whole hour long video comparing prices and TATs and they based the discussion off of the information provided on the website. So anyone that may have been persuaded to submit to CBCS is in for an unpleasant surprise. Probably still better than the disaster at CGC but is that the bar were setting?

I’m not accusing them of being intentionally deceptive and I’m sure they’re working their tails off to try and meet the demand but again, if the information provided to the customer is wholly inaccurate and simply not true, what would you call that?
Post 303 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
How many weekends has Steve worked in a row now?

I have worked every weekend for many months except when I took vacation.
Speaking of which, I am finally taking a vacation soon! Really need some down time with friends and family. I miss them!

Enjoy the show bud. Just don't rock too hard
Chat again soon...
Post 304 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia
as a small-time seller that the 2022 IRS reporting changes is an important deadline for me...

I am in this same boat with you. I'm rowing as hard as I can, but don't seam to be getting any further down stream...lol...
Can you elaborate on the 2022 IRS reporting changes? I think that has an impact with the current TAT's in that any new submissions will need to have this in mind.
Post 305 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67

I think he is referring to the mandatory 1099 forms from selling 600$ worth of stuff on ebay or any major outlet vs the 200 qty and 20k$ that is currently in effect....
Post 306 IP   flag post
Collector Vengeance private msg quote post Address this user
So I'm just about 67% of the way there for my wait time. I just started sending in books, and was looking to do more, a lot more. However this is kind of a turnoff.

This is why I have yet to send in my expensive books to anyone yet. ASM 129, ASM 298-301, Batman 181 just to name a few. Yes I know ASM 298, 299, & 301 aren't really expensive, but they complete the set.

I know I sound like I am complaining, but I'm really trying to learn more than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertom
@Scifinator

The website still shows modern as 17 weeks and based on other posts it sounds like it been around there for several months despite all the stories we’re hearing of 25-30 week waits.
Post 307 IP   flag post
Collector Vengeance private msg quote post Address this user
Oh and thank you to everyone for the input.
Post 308 IP   flag post
Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
I would just like to get an email, a dashboard update, just something. Those of you complaining but know where your books are, I don't get it, at least y'all are not in the complete dark. be thankful they think enough of you to give you some kind of update.
Post 309 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@timberghost If you've received no emails whatsoever, that is strange. Try these two thing on your side: Log in, click on Profile and confirm that the email address they have on file is correct with no typos. Then check your spam/junk folder on your email.
Post 310 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
There is also clicking the hyperlink that shows status. I think its the invoice that gives more information.
Post 311 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberghost
I would just like to get an email, a dashboard update, just something. Those of you complaining but know where your books are, I don't get it, at least y'all are not in the complete dark. be thankful they think enough of you to give you some kind of update.

I’m pretty sure CBCS is foregoing Dashboard updates until books enter pressing or grading. I have an order for grading received in May with no updates and an order received in July that switched to received last week but I suspect only because the order has a reholder which went directly into labels since reholders have a faster turnaround than grading
Post 312 IP   flag post
Collector Cardzguy private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, so now that we have established all this, can CBCS update their turnaround time page so it's not a slap in the face? It says 19 weeks for modern. I have one modern, no pressin, sitting there for 21 weeks since entry that is still Processing. I have another there 21 weeks that they haven't received and they can't find it.
Post 313 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Nearmint67

I think he is referring to the mandatory 1099 forms from selling 600$ worth of stuff on ebay or any major outlet vs the 200 qty and 20k$ that is currently in effect....

Why is Ebay going to do that? They will loose many sellers, which will equivalate into millions of lost revenue. Makes no since unless they have no choice. Looks like garage sales are going to be the way to sell our books.
Post 314 IP   flag post
Collector Petroman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67

Why is Ebay going to do that? They will loose many sellers, which will equivalate into millions of lost revenue. Makes no since unless they have no choice. Looks like garage sales are going to be the way to sell our books.

It has nothing to do with Ebay, and I'm sure they would prefer to not have to send out 1099's to anyone who sells more than $600 on their platform. You can thank our wonderful politicians in Washington DC for this! I'm hoping that this change to 1099 reporting does not stand, but that is probably unlikely. In theory, anyone selling anything online should already be reporting their profits on their tax returns regardless of whether they pass the $20k + 200 transaction limit. I doubt many people do report this income, so now anyone who is more than a casual seller will need to carefully track all of their expenses to determine true profit/loss on items they sell online. And you can also thank our wonderful politicians for setting the tax rate at 28% for collectibles which is likely much higher than the marginal federal tax rate most people in the US pay.
Post 315 IP   flag post
Collector El_Dub13 private msg quote post Address this user
My Simon Bisley Private Signing books moved from Billing to Processing.

Post 316 IP   flag post
Collector kidhuman private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know what date they are up to for submitting books? Its been 7 weeks and no change to my status since they were received Aug 16th. I know they are backlogged, but if missing the longer it takes to find out, the harder it is to submit a claim to USPS.
Post 317 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
@kidhuman This is the exact situation I'm in. USPS has failed me far to many times to rely on their tracking. I'd like some sort of verification from CBCS that the books arrived safely.
Post 318 IP   flag post
Collector cklamer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidhuman
Does anyone know what date they are up to for submitting books? Its been 7 weeks and no change to my status since they were received Aug 16th. I know they are backlogged, but if missing the longer it takes to find out, the harder it is to submit a claim to USPS.

Quote:
@kidhuman This is the exact situation I'm in. USPS has failed me far to many times to rely on their tracking. I'd like some sort of verification from CBCS that the books arrived safely.

Mine were received on 05/04/21 and they are all modern no pressing just grading. They were billed and paid in full on 05/21/21 and did not go in to grading until 07/28/21. So I finally emailed them on 09/27/21 and finally received a reply back after 3 tries. They are saying it is going to be another 4 to 6 weeks so that will put me in to November now. GEEZ!
I believe I will limit my books going to CBCS to only books that need signature verification.
Post 319 IP   flag post
Collector Weaponx606 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cklamer
Quote:

Quote:

Mine were received on 05/04/21 and they are all modern no pressing just grading. They were billed and paid in full on 05/21/21 and did not go in to grading until 07/28/21. So I finally emailed them on 09/27/21 and finally received a reply back after 3 tries. They are saying it is going to be another 4 to 6 weeks so that will put me in to November now. GEEZ!
I believe I will limit my books going to CBCS to only books that need signature verification.

Mine were billed on 5/11/21. 3 modern VSP. No press or anything else. Guess I’m looking at a Thanksgiving shipment as well.
Post 320 IP   flag post
Collector kidhuman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cklamer
Quote:

Quote:

I would be fine if they were billed and updated, but right now mine are "lost in limbo" USPS says they were delivered on the 16th, but no update from CBCS about if they were. If I had gotten billed I know that means they received them. I get they are backed up, I work in customer service as well and we have many items on back order due to no workers/delayed shipping etc. I just want to know if they are lost or not.
Post 321 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite

I’m pretty sure CBCS is foregoing Dashboard updates until books enter pressing or grading. I have an order for grading received in May with no updates and an order received in July that switched to received last week but I suspect only because the order has a reholder which went directly into labels since reholders have a faster turnaround than grading
Post 322 IP   flag post
Collector Cbarnett316 private msg quote post Address this user
Submitted at a show for grading April 10th and sitting in the grading phase.

Hope this helps with your timelines.
Post 323 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Books submitted at Consumer tier received at CBCS on July 29 moved to Processing on October 1. I have seven other orders outstanding received at CBCS between August 11 and September 20 that still show as Submitted. My main grumble is that my previous order, picked up in January, still shows as Ready for Pickup with the comics not listed in Recently Graded or in My Comics. Me thinks updating the web site status must still be a manual operation, not one incorporated into the line flow.
Post 324 IP   flag post
FINALLY..............
Received my 30 (grade only) bronze/moderns from Fed-Ex today.....
Happy Day...Yeehaw...Woohoo...Cuttn' loose again....
Mailed in March. "Received" April 14th. 22 week TAT....
So my August (30 bronze) & September (30 modern) submissions will be 2022 returns.
Gonna be a Happy New Year
Chins up fellas... Books will eventually come back to you.
Then you will have a Happy Day...
Post 325 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
Books submitted at Consumer tier received at CBCS on July 29 moved to Processing on October 1. I have seven other orders outstanding received at CBCS between August 11 and September 20 that still show as Submitted. My main grumble is that my previous order, picked up in January, still shows as Ready for Pickup with the comics not listed in Recently Graded or in My Comics. Me thinks updating the web site status must still be a manual operation, not one incorporated into the line flow.

This is normal, especially for Canadians. Message @Darryl_H with your order number and he can manually close it and release the notes.
Post 326 IP   flag post
Collector livinitup921 private msg quote post Address this user
My invoice says my stuff is in labels, what’s the next step after that?
Post 327 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinitup921
My invoice says my stuff is in labels, what’s the next step after that?

I believe:

heat seal
shipping
Post 328 IP   flag post
Collector Buckets private msg quote post Address this user
My Order placed 4/20 was for modern with VSP attached and has been in labels for 2-3 months.

On Monday Sept 13th I reached out to Darryl to inquire about the new timeline to processing the order and here was his reply:

On Tuesday, September 14, 2021, 07:35:57 AM PDT, Darryl Hayden <dhayden@cbcscomics.com> wrote:

This should be hitting shipping shortly. and I would think in the next week or two. I apologize for the delays

Today I called customer service and spoke with a very professional service rep.

After looking at my order, he stated it should be processed in another week or two and shipped.
Post 329 IP   flag post
Anyone else still waiting on books from the Al Ewing signing back in April?
Currently at 21 weeks on those.
Post 330 IP   flag post
611388 999 30