Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardzguy
Nearmint67 - Was April 14th the date it was delivered or the day they received? Also, just grading, no pressing or labels or sig verification? Trying to do the math for my May 9th submission.

That's the date they were noted as "received"
They got them in March.
Just grading. I press my own books. Saves time and $$.
Here are the books;
Adventures on the Planet of the Apes #4 [1976] Marvel, Bronze Age 9.6
Amazing Spider-Man #61 [2021] Marvel, Modern Age 9.8
Batman #323 [1980] DC, Newsstand Edition, Bronze Age 9.6
Children of the Atom #1 [2021] Marvel, Todd Nauck Variant, Modern Age 9.8
DC Comics Presents #1 [1978] DC, Newsstand Edition, Bronze Age 9.8
Fantastic Four #29 [2021] Marvel, Modern Age 9.8
Ghost Rider: Return of Vengeance #1 [2021] Marvel, Knullified Variant, Modern Age 9.8
Haha #2 [2021] Image, Martin Simmonds Variant, Modern Age 9.8
Haha #2 [2021] Image, Modern Age 9.8
Haha #3 [2021] Image, Modern Age 9.8
Karmen #1 [2021] Image, Modern Age 9.8
King in Black: Gwenom vs. Carnage #2 [2021] Marvel, Modern Age 9.8
King in Black: Gwenom vs. Carnage #3 [2021] Marvel, Modern Age 9.8
Man-Bat #2 [2021] DC, Modern Age 9.8
Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #8 [1984] Marvel, Direct Edition, Copper Age 9.8
Nocterra #1 [2021] Image, Modern Age 9.8
Proctor Valley Road #1 [2021] Boom! Studios, Modern Age 9.8
Shadow Doctor #1 [2021] AfterShock, Modern Age 9.8
Spider-Man #1 [1990] Marvel, Copper Age 9.8 (3 copies)
Spider-Woman #2 [1978] Marvel, Newsstand Edition, Bronze Age 9.6
Star Wars #20 [1979] Marvel, Newsstand Edition, Bronze Age 9.6
Teen Titans Academy #1 [2021] DC, Modern Age 9.8 (2 copies)

Badee, Badee, Ba... That's all Folks......

Medication time, medication time... Is there an echo in here? lol....
Post 276 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone who has orders received in March get their books back yet.?
Post 277 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@ComicNinja0215 I had an order received in April completed

Did your order include pressing?
Post 278 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite yeah fast press and a screen.
Post 279 IP   flag post
Collector Vengeance private msg quote post Address this user
I sent in a couple of books back in the spring. They were received on May 3rd. Now they are in processing/grading and have been there fro about a monthand a half now. So it's been 21 weeks and pretty much zero movement. This is the first time I have ever sent in any books, so about how much longer do I need to wait? No pressing or anything else. Just a grade and slab.

I mean the salesman at the convention told me ot would be about 16 weeks, so that was a lie.
Post 280 IP   flag post

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance

I mean the salesman at the convention told me ot would be about 16 weeks, so that was a lie.
@Vengeance - it wasn’t a lie. It was the honest estimate at that time. And, even that was quite a bit of a higher estimate than from weeks earlier. Fact is with cgc raising prices and so many people sending in high value higher tier comics to jump on the speculation sales boom, CBCS got further deluged.
Post 281 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:

@Vengeance - it wasn’t a lie. It was the hones estimate at that time. And, even that was quite a bit of a higher estimate than from weeks earlier. Fact is with cgc raising prices and so many people sending in high value higher tier comics to jump on the speculation sales boom, CBCS got further deluged.

This is correct.
Post 282 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Vengeance definitely not a lie....TATs have changed since demand has increased.
Post 283 IP   flag post
Changed a lot but I don't want to send books anywhere else.
Post 284 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
the salesman at the convention told me ot would be about 16 weeks, so that was a lie.

I think that was a reasonable estimate at the time. The industry didn't expect CGC to suddenly change their pricing and membership tiers. CBCS seems to be doing their best by working a lot of overtime and hiring a lot of new employees to address the substantial increase in volume. Based on what I've read in this thread, you should expect your books back before December. I'm expecting my July order to be completed before February.

...looks like I'm slow, already several responses by the time I finished this reply.
Post 285 IP   flag post
How many weekends has Steve worked in a row now?
Post 286 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215

I have worked every weekend for many months except when I took vacation.
Speaking of which, I am finally taking a vacation soon! Really need some down time with friends and family. I miss them!
Post 287 IP   flag post
@sborock you deserve it!
Post 288 IP   flag post
Quote:
@dielinfinite yeah fast press and a screen.

My order from early April was completed a month ago. Pressing TAT is currently something like 5 months, cut that in half for fast press plus 5 months TAT for grading so you’re looking at something like 7 1/2 months, so I’d expect something like mid-Oct/early-Nov for your books
Post 289 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite that sounds about right
Post 290 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite still in grading labels
Post 291 IP   flag post
@ComicNinja0215 I think that’s where the big backlog is. Mine were in labels for a very long time but once I got the email saying that had moved on to encapsulation the order completed very quickly
Post 292 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite awesome! This gives me hope .
Post 293 IP   flag post
Collector Supertom private msg quote post Address this user
If they told @Vengeance 16 weeks then that should have reflected the TAT at that time based on their current backlog. Any future deluge of comics should not have effected their submission. So maybe not a straight up lie, but a very poor estimation.

I know Steve and the team there are working very hard and I haven’t seen any crazy QC issues like I’m sure we’ve all seen come out of CGC in the last year, but if your actual TAT is approaching twice what you’re advertising, it’s time to halt submissions until things are under control.
Post 294 IP   flag post
Collector radar2121 private msg quote post Address this user
@Supertom at the very least I think they need to update their TAT on the website. I know I haven't waited as long as a lot of other people but my 2 day modern submission with fast press should have only took 3.5 weeks based on the website and it took them a little over 7 weeks and it went into shipping on Friday
Post 295 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertom
If they told @Vengeance 16 weeks then that should have reflected the TAT at that time based on their current backlog. Any future deluge of comics should not have effected their submission. So maybe not a straight up lie, but a very poor estimation.

I know Steve and the team there are working very hard and I haven’t seen any crazy QC issues like I’m sure we’ve all seen come out of CGC in the last year, but if your actual TAT is approaching twice what you’re advertising, it’s time to halt submissions until things are under control.

@Supertom - You missed the main point. Let me be a little more detailed. If the ESTIMATED TAT for standard modern submissions was 16 weeks, and then a slew or deluge of HIGHER / faster tiers such as 1 day, 2 day, Rapid, etc. those higher priced tiers will take precedence and start to bump the lower priced/lower tier submissions such as the standard modern. As this has indeed been the case, our submissions our getting bumped to a longer TAT. Even 1 day tier is now taking a week or so.

There is no duplicity or or lie. And frankly, an estimate is an estimate. And as such, how are they supposed to estimate how much excess or above normal submissions they are going to receive much less how many more higher tier than lower tier they are going to receive?
Post 296 IP   flag post
@Scifinator Thank you, I got the point and I understand the meaning of the word ESTIMATE. But it’s not ok if a host says a table would be a 30-45 min wait, then 90 minutes later tell you, sorry, a bunch of people came in and agreed to buy a steak and an extra appetizer. Oh, and it took me 15 mins to write your name down. Sorry. That didn’t count toward the 30-45 min ESTIMATE.

This is why I don’t like the tiers or fast pass system. We’re submitting our books and committing to pay for a service based on the information available. If that information isn’t based on their current backlog AND their anticipated higher tiers submissions, then what good is it? If it becomes unmanageable to the point that TATs are just shots in the dark then shut it down until it’s under control.

I don’t want the folks at CBCS to be overworked. I want them home with their families on the weekend. And I really want someone to break the choke hold CGC has on the collectibles market. Doing exactly what they do, just a little bit better and a little bit faster isn’t cutting it. Transparency, honesty, and excellent service is going win the day. And maybe that means stopping submissions, or changing the tier system, or creating a wait list. I don’t know. But something needs to change so long winded blow hards like myself don’t post needlessly long rants on their forums.
Post 297 IP   flag post
@Supertom - interestingly, you missed the whole point again. Throughout 2021 cbcs has been receiving increased levels of submissions, so they continually updated their estimates accordingly. As TAT’s increased utilization of higher tier TATs increased well beyond norms. This duly affects the previous estimated TATs of lower tiers. Yes, this is an adverse affect on you, @vengeance, myself and all others who use the service at the lower cost tiers. But, the is the risk we choose to take when submitting at a lower tier.

It is not a new business model for CBCS, and usually not this big of an issue. This is just an extreme anomaly or perfect storm, if you will. If the staff was saying the estimated TAT would be 16 weeks when the website had it 20 weeks at the same time, sure that is a legit beef. But that was not the issue here.

In the nearly three year that I have been using CBCS, i have seen the Estimated TAT improve, stay the same, and increase after my comics have been received. So again, they have not changed the business model on us after we sent in, but the level of business they received did and thus the TAT increased.
Post 298 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Supertom I don't think anything you say is unreasonable. In normal times the fast pass system is fine, even necessary to subsidize the lower costs of the "coach class" submissions. Same is true with the Post Office, expedited services help subsidize the lower cost of regular speed services. But these fast pass submissions cannot be the source of unlimited, infinite delays on the regular submissions. That was never what we signed up for. At some point, when TAT's are at 2x and 3x of the original estimate, the lower priced submissions are owed a "good faith" effort.
Post 299 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia - i trust you are not saying that CBCS is not giving a good faith effort. For of that were the case no standard modern or expanded would be coming out at all, which is most definitely not the case.
Post 300 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@EbayMafia - i trust you are not saying that CBCS is not giving a good faith effort. For of that were the case no standard modern or expanded would be coming out at all, which is most definitely not the case.

@Scifinator I'm not there yet. Considering my long positive relationship with CBCS, I would have to be a complete ingrate to turn on them quickly. I've had an account since their first year in business. Customer Service is not an complaint from me because I haven't needed it since my first submission in 2014. I don't inspect my slabs for "scuffs" or minor labeling issues, so that probably helps. But I do know that the delays in my orders (April and mid-May) are not caused by something uncontrollable like an inventory stock-out. They are the result of a business decision to continue taking higher-priced subsequent submissions ahead of mine. TAT's is number 2 on my list of 3 reasons why I choose to support CBCS over CGC. But the delays are making my #1 reason (Price) irrelevant. I've always gone with the low price options, but that has allowed me to submit many books that I wouldn't otherwise submit. At this point I would gladly pay a 25%-35% premium right now if I could get my books back next week. I'm down to only reason #3 (Product Quality) remaining. As a reasonable and fair-minded person, I have to ask what is the number where I have the right to say "enough"? What was initially 7 weeks has gone past 20 with no end in sight. Is it 25 weeks, 30 weeks? I don't know. I do know as a small-time seller that the 2022 IRS reporting changes is an important deadline for me...and I'm running out of time. I expected to have many of these books sold by now.
Post 301 IP   flag post
@ebaymafia - I hear your points and understand. Cheers and hopefully the hires that CBCS has made will speed things along from the labels to shipped bottleneck.
Post 302 IP   flag post
@Scifinator Yes I under it was unexpected and difficult to predict what would happen after CGC raised their prices. All I’m saying is that if they can no longer give a reasonable estimate, they should stop taking submissions or at the very least double the estimate so it’s at least somewhat accurate and a bit more honest.

The website still shows modern as 17 weeks and based on other posts it sounds like it been around there for several months despite all the stories we’re hearing of 25-30 week waits. Their pricing page also still has it at “4-6 weeks currently”. The only “fine print” I can find is “*** All turn around times are estimates ***” and “ ** Subject to current volume”. The ol’ catch-all asterisks. Nothing about the 6-8 weeks it takes to check orders in, nothing about how the TAT varies based on number of higher tier submissions. So to the average consumer who’s fed up with CGC looking for a better service, what are they to think? ComicTom and the Comic Guru just did a whole hour long video comparing prices and TATs and they based the discussion off of the information provided on the website. So anyone that may have been persuaded to submit to CBCS is in for an unpleasant surprise. Probably still better than the disaster at CGC but is that the bar were setting?

I’m not accusing them of being intentionally deceptive and I’m sure they’re working their tails off to try and meet the demand but again, if the information provided to the customer is wholly inaccurate and simply not true, what would you call that?
Post 303 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
Quote:

I have worked every weekend for many months except when I took vacation.
Speaking of which, I am finally taking a vacation soon! Really need some down time with friends and family. I miss them!

Enjoy the show bud. Just don't rock too hard
Chat again soon...
Post 304 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia
as a small-time seller that the 2022 IRS reporting changes is an important deadline for me...

I am in this same boat with you. I'm rowing as hard as I can, but don't seam to be getting any further down stream...lol...
Can you elaborate on the 2022 IRS reporting changes? I think that has an impact with the current TAT's in that any new submissions will need to have this in mind.
Post 305 IP   flag post
611412 999 30