Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
NFL Football

NFL 2021 week 1 picks, predictions and discussions.15608

I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdoes10
Jesse_O, Pre_Codeer, Flanders & Jokioo have 9 wins so far.

Looks like we all picked the Rams, but I'm the only Vegas gambler.

I wanted to gamble on Vegas, but I just don't have enough faith in them for this upcoming game. I'll sure be rooting for them though.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
So ... if da Bears lose tonight, that means that EVERY NFC North team starts the year 0-1. I don't recall that ever happening. Of course, it's not exactly a record that anyone would be proud of.
Post 77 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
The Bears didn't have a better option than signing Dalton? I didn't know he was even in the league anymore until tonight. Or is he a backup?
Post 78 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
Well, the Lions let me down… not that I am unfamiliar with that feeling.

I was just checking the NFC North trivia on Wiki and realized that the Lions have not won a divisional title since 1993. That was back when we were the NFC Central with the Bucs. It HAS been a rough road for the Lions, hasn't it? Maybe this year they will take the division.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
So nobody picked the Browns to upset KC? And everybody was right! I guess there are not a lot of believers in Mel Kiper's NFL acumen, predicting the Browns for the Super Bowl.
Post 80 IP   flag post

@Donnied I don't think the Browns will make the SuperBowl, but I do think KC has better then an average shot at it!!!

I'm pretty sure I'll be picking the Browns in more than a few games though. They looked pretty good against KC.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
KC needs to find a way to make some defensive stops, and not just wait for the other team to screw up. No matter how great the Chiefs' offense is, no offense can score every time they have the ball!
Post 82 IP   flag post
Collector jokioo private msg quote post Address this user
Good day for my Eagles, haven't enjoyed watching a game like that in way too long...

I've been a Jalen Hurts believer since last season, and with the WRs they're developing and a healthy O line I think that they can do some damage. Still worried about the defense, as we struggled to create pressure and contain the run early on, two critical deficiencies in our game last season. Plus it was Atlanta.

Overall it was a fun first day of football! Gonna be interesting to see which rookies show up to play this year.
Post 83 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Week 1 random thoughts:

1. Dak looked good for the Cowboys Thursday night. If he (and their O-line) can stay healthy, the Cowboys will win the NFC East this year.
2. Biggest surprise of the day was the Packers getting spanked by the Saints. I'm with @Jesse_O seeing Aaron Rodgers getting beat so bad put a smile on my face. Tired of his crap from the off season. But he'll probably win the next four games and throw for 15 TD's, because, well, he's Aaron Rodgers.
3. Mahomes is the best player in the league. But he'll need to play like it so the Chiefs can outscore their opponent every week.
4. Are the Eagles really that good, or are the Falcons really that bad?
5. Hey Titans, WTF? I guess this is the year that Tannehill reverts to the mean and starts to suck again.
6. I guess it's time that I was dead wrong on Kyler Murray. I didn't think he would be able to be successful in the NFL.

Go Raiders!
Post 84 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokioo
Good day for my Eagles, haven't enjoyed watching a game like that in way too long...

Overall it was a fun first day of football! Gonna be interesting to see which rookies show up to play this year.

@jokioo, as a Eagle Fan, you might like a copy of this.

I made it for the COWBOYS!!, but you might like it also.

Post 85 IP   flag post
Collector jokioo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokioo

@jokioo, as a Eagle Fan, you might like a copy of this.

I made it for the COWBOYS!!, but you might like it also.

Thanks for that!

Can't wait for our week 3 showdown...
Post 86 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Hoping for 60 more points put on the board and a Ravens victory.
Post 87 IP   flag post
This has turned into a great MNF game!!!
Post 88 IP   flag post
OMG!!! Looks like OT!!! Go Raiders!!!
Post 89 IP   flag post
Never thought I'd have a chance to win. I need a Raiders FG on the first OT possession and a Ravens TD!
Post 90 IP   flag post
This game is not good for my blood pressure!!
Post 91 IP   flag post
Oh my god!!!!
Post 92 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O what a game! Congrats on the win Jesse. I thought a Raiders FG followed by a Ravens TD might be a reality after that false start on the goal line.
Post 93 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
What a finish!
Post 94 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O Congrats on the weekly win. What a way to start the season.

Post 95 IP   flag post
Collector cbpi private msg quote post Address this user
Hi

I made my pics but put them on the wrong thread..

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/15420/page/2/nfl-2021-picks-and-discussion/#31
Post 96 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbpi
Hi

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/15420/page/2/nfl-2021-picks-and-discussion/#31

How do you want me to handle this?

I do not mind adding the picks, but want to make sure this is ok with the group.
Post 97 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Jesse_O

Quote:
Hi

I do not mind adding the picks, but want to make sure this is ok with the group.

He definitely made his picks before week 1 began last Thursday, so go ahead and add it.
Post 98 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
@Jesse_O

Quote:
Hi

He definitely made his picks before week 1 began last Thursday, so go ahead and add it.

Thank you both :-)
Post 99 IP   flag post
Corrected copy of Week 1 Picks with CBPI's information.

Post 100 IP   flag post
Quote:
Corrected copy of Week 1 Picks with CBPI's information.

Thank you again
Post 101 IP   flag post
601334 101 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?