Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
NFL Football

NFL 2021 week 1 picks, predictions and discussions.15608

KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
@jake, Here are your picks.

@Pre_Coder @ShallaBal @Jesse_O Thank you and I will keep this as is.

@Jesse_O, I will let you make the decision on this. If someone posts their picks prior to half time, I'll add them to this picks, After Half time, I'll add the rest of the games, but put down no pick for the Dallas/Tampa game.

Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector jokioo private msg quote post Address this user

Tiebreaker: 37
(Go Birds)
Post 52 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
@michaelekrupp Based solely on your Detroit pick, you're going to own this week.
Post 53 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
@jokioo I see your picks and will add them to the spreadsheet
Post 54 IP   flag post

Post 55 IP   flag post

I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Tampa is hurting themselves with penalties. Play hard, but you also gotta play smart. Of course it is the 1st reg season game.

But there were a couple of questionable calls by the refs.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Gronk is a BEAST!!!!!
Post 57 IP   flag post
Dallas will get a kicker one of these days!!
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
What a great game! Looks like we’re in for one helluva season!
Post 59 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats to Tampa, but IMO Tampa was....

(1) outplayed
(2) out coached
(3) and too many penalties

Zuerlein (Dallas kicker) has physical issues due to back surgery,.. else Dallas possibly could have won this game by 4 points.

Dallas will be/should be looking for another kicker very quickly. They played a more impressive game than I expected.
Post 60 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder I agree that Dallas performed much better than expected. Tampa played well overall but were much too loose with the ball. You can’t turn the ball over that many times and expect to win games. Zuerlein definitely had a rough outing, but I am not sure I would pull the plug on him immediately. He is a proven commodity and good kickers in this league are rarer than one would think. Hopefully his physical issues will work themselves out as he gets more work in. He was money when the game was on the line. Dallas just left way too much time on the clock when they kicked that field goal.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
@Pre_Coder I agree that Dallas performed much better than expected. Tampa played well overall but were much too loose with the ball. You can’t turn the ball over that many times and expect to win games. Zuerlein definitely had a rough outing, but I am not sure I would pull the plug on him immediately. He is a proven commodity and good kickers in this league are rarer than one would think. Hopefully his physical issues will work themselves out as he gets more work in. He was money when the game was on the line. Dallas just left way too much time on the clock when they kicked that field goal.

I'm not dissing Zuerlein, I hope he does recover. I hate to see any player injured to the point that they can't perform. That has to be very depressing to (especially) an elite player.

Good luck to him.
Post 62 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Tampa run defense and Zuerlein's issues were the difference makers in this game.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Dallas needs to get their Rushing game going also. They only had 60 yards.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
The front 7 is the strength of Tampa's defense. Dallas knew they had little chance to run effectively against it and decided to throw almost every play. This was aided by one of Tampa's better CB's getting injured in the first quarter. I thought it was actually smart of Dallas and gave them the best chance to win, which they almost did.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Cook was down!

Who dey!
Post 66 IP   flag post
The Vikes actually played better than I thought they would.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
The Vikes actually played better than I thought they would.

I didn't pick the Vikes for the win but was sure hoping they would take it.

Fitzpatrick (WFT)... I don't know what his injury is, but that's a sinking feeling. I believe WFT had a shot a Cam Newton earlier, but I think he didn't want to be a backup. I'll check replays later.

I loved the way Cleveland handled KC in the 1st half, but at the moment it appears KC made adjustments. They are very good at that.
Post 68 IP   flag post
My apologies to all Packers fans, but I love the fact that Rodgers is benched!!! I told people he would either implode or explode. My money was always on the implode. After the crap he said and did, I hope he is benched every game!!!
Post 69 IP   flag post
I've watching the Clowns vs Chiefs game now, but switching to the GB vs NO game during commercials. I saw Rodgers throw two picks. Terrible picks. He looks like doesn't care at all. Like he is just mailing it in until the season ends so he can leave.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Well, the Lions let me down… not that I am unfamiliar with that feeling. They at least made a game out of it in the fourth quarter. There should have been a roughing the passer call on the last offensive play of the game for the Lions. The second defender to hit Goff launched himself at the QB well after he had released the ball. Should have been a first and goal. I actually noticed there were a lot of uncalled penalties on both teams throughout the game. Not sure if the refs made a conscious decision to keep the flags in their pockets or if it was just early season rust. The Lions looked about like I expected on offense. They impressed in the run game and the majority of Goff’s completions went to the backs and TEs. He did find his wide receivers in the fourth quarter finally. Overall Goff played acceptably well, except for the pick six which was nigh unforgivable. He was also errant on a few throws. I’ll give him a C+ in his Lions debut. I thought the offensive line played excellent against a top tier defense. Defensively it was a pathetic display. Nobody tackled anyone, bad angles and bad reads abounded. Absolutely unacceptable. I expected at least some improvement over the Patricia years and got nothing. They better fix this quick.

Looks like I bombed on the picks this week. I admit I was straight up guessing, but it’s pretty embarrassing when a blindfolded chimp throwing darts can give you a run for your money. I sure didn’t see Green Bay getting shellacked like that. I guess I’ll need to shake the magic 8 ball a little harder next week!
Post 71 IP   flag post
It is so wonderful to see a crowd in the stadiums again.
Post 72 IP   flag post
I have tickets for a couple games this season. Can't wait to go.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Here are the picks so far.

Jesse_O, Pre_Codeer, Flanders & Jokioo have 9 wins so far.

If you see a mistake, please let me know.

Post 74 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdoes10

Looks like we all picked the Rams, but I'm the only Vegas gambler.
Post 75 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdoes10

Looks like we all picked the Rams, but I'm the only Vegas gambler.

I wanted to gamble on Vegas, but I just don't have enough faith in them for this upcoming game. I'll sure be rooting for them though.
Post 76 IP   flag post
So ... if da Bears lose tonight, that means that EVERY NFC North team starts the year 0-1. I don't recall that ever happening. Of course, it's not exactly a record that anyone would be proud of.
Post 77 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
The Bears didn't have a better option than signing Dalton? I didn't know he was even in the league anymore until tonight. Or is he a backup?
Post 78 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
Well, the Lions let me down… not that I am unfamiliar with that feeling.

I was just checking the NFC North trivia on Wiki and realized that the Lions have not won a divisional title since 1993. That was back when we were the NFC Central with the Bucs. It HAS been a rough road for the Lions, hasn't it? Maybe this year they will take the division.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
So nobody picked the Browns to upset KC? And everybody was right! I guess there are not a lot of believers in Mel Kiper's NFL acumen, predicting the Browns for the Super Bowl.
Post 80 IP   flag post
600442 101 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?