Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
NFL Football

NFL 2021 week 1 picks, predictions and discussions.15608

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I hope everyone is excited for football!!! Anyone and everyone is invited to join in on the fun!! Let's see your picks for week 1!!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector TigerRose1981 private msg quote post Address this user
Love that we have some football fans in our group!! I LOVE FOOTBALL!!!!!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Gustafson26 private msg quote post Address this user
This may be the toughest week 1 for survior pools. Im going Panthers over Jets but dont feel good about any other games.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafson26
This may be the toughest week 1 for survior pools. Im going Panthers over Jets but dont feel good about any other games.
I feel that the Rams at home over the Bears is a pretty safe bet, however it would also be nice to save the Rams for later too.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I switched to the 9ers over the Lions. Detroit is hurting and their WRs are baaaaad. 9ers run game is gonna look amazing week 1 too. With that said, Im sure ill be out week 1 lol
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Da boyz !

Tampa who?
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't see this coming. Pats cut Cam Newton:

clickable text
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders Not that surprising. Newton was very clear that he didn’t want to be a backup anywhere. Once the Patriots made up their mind that he wasn’t going to be the starter, cutting him loose makes the most sense. He would just be a cancer in the locker room in the backup role.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I hope everyone is excited for football!!! Anyone and everyone is invited to join in on the fun!! Let's see your picks for week 1!!

if i had to pick a game it would be

49ers over lions
Post 9 IP   flag post
@flanders OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY TOTALLY CUT HIM!😲
Post 10 IP   flag post
@beastboy1980 we actually pick each game and a tiebreaker score for Monday Nigh Football.

THIS IS AN EXAMPLE - NOT MY PICKS

Post 11 IP   flag post
I'm from south Carolina and am a Panther fan so I wanted to see him do well in New England(despite the fact he had to become a patriot🤮)😉 Hope someone picks him up!
Post 12 IP   flag post
I really hope Urban Meyer and the O-line give my boy Trevor something to work with...
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Da boyz !

Tampa who?

As much as I am and grew up a cowboys fan I’m ganna have to pick the Bucs. But hopefully Dak shows them that he’s back!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Cam will be picked up by Washington to reunite with Ron Rivera. I lived in Charlotte during his prime and I cant see how this doesn't happen.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Gustafson26 I'm actually now a REDSKIN fan by marriage u guess you could say! Technically just engaged until June...same thing though!

We were at the skins vs Panther game in Charlotte that would end up being Ron's last game coaching the Panthers! The skins were so bad that the Panthers fired Ron for losing to them.....fast forward to the next season and BOOM the skins reaped more benefits from that win than they could have imagined! I love Riverboat Ron! He is a great coach and love that the skins have him now! I would love to see a Rivera/Cam reunion in Washington!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Off topic, I met Ron once working a special event in the Bank of America building uptown, great guy. I feel he know Fitzmagic isn't the answer and Cam can give him more years.
Post 17 IP   flag post
@Gustafson26 I second that 100%!!!!!
Post 18 IP   flag post
@Gustafson26 , and yes, he really is a good guy!!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
@flanders Not that surprising. Newton was very clear that he didn’t want to be a backup anywhere. Once the Patriots made up their mind that he wasn’t going to be the starter, cutting him loose makes the most sense. He would just be a cancer in the locker room in the backup role.

Cam Newton always had an issue with maturity. He would draw attention to himself even while his team was getting their butts kicked. He even admitted that his father and brother sat him down and made him watch clips of himself that were on Youtube. He admitted that he didn't like the guy he saw on the clips, didn't seem like a leader he could respect. Several times he committed to changing and maturing (most notably after a near-fatal car accident) but he never followed through. Football requires such a willingness to sacrifice for your teammates...backup Cam would be a very bad thing in a locker room. Starter Cam wasn't a great thing from what I understand.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Cam was a beast the 1st 5 years or so of his career. As a Steelers fan I wouldn't want him now as a back up. He proved last year he isn't the same, but in the right system he may have a couple good years left.
Post 21 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia you are not at all wrong about that. I did have issues with his attitude and arrogance sometimes. I do think he tried to better himself but he did struggle with that. Nonetheless, he was our quarterback and I kept hope for him. He had very gracious sides of him at times as well. I think I wanted him to succeed in New England as a more mature man and leader in the way he lacked at Carolina. I do think he had a really good relationship with Ron Rivera from what I've heard, so maybe being at Washington would be his final chance at becoming a more humbling, respectful person.
Post 22 IP   flag post
If @zdoes10 is around, would you consider doing the spreadsheet again this year? I sure enjoyed seeing that!!
Post 23 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
If @zdoes10 is around, would you consider doing the spreadsheet again this year? I sure enjoyed seeing that!!

@Jesse_O Just saw your post about the picks and I will gladly do it again this year.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdoes10
Quote:

@Jesse_O Just saw your post about the picks and I will gladly do it again this year.

That's great!! Thank you!!
Post 25 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user

I'll change this when new information is posted.

If you see a mistake or would like something added, let me know.

Post 26 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user

Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user

Post 28 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Post 29 IP   flag post

Post 30 IP   flag post
601536 101 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?