Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Sketch Covers

Should i send this off to get slabbed15603

Collector jddtjd123 private msg quote post Address this user
What do you guys think slabbed or not!!!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector steveinthecity private msg quote post Address this user
What’s the book? Condition?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
That looks like the Invisible Man edition.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Sorry, what I meant to say was the photo didn't post.
Post 4 IP   flag post

Post 5 IP   flag post
This one it wasnt letting me add it lol
Post 6 IP   flag post
Which issue is that?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Just a secert warz blank cover i had a local guy draw this for me!!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like a blank cover sketch. I think it’s very cool!

Whether or not it should be slabbed is really up to how you want to collect.

Some people have limits on value, “a book has to be worth at least this much before I think about slabbing.” Some people like slabbing signatures and artwork because they like having it encased with the artist/signer’s name. Some people like to slab books that interest them in some way and some people just like to slab everything. For most it is some combination of the above and more.

Personally, if it’s an artist I think could be verified (not an unknown/local artist) then I’d probably send it in, or I would’ve made arrangements to have it slabbed as a witnessed signature/sketch.

EDIT: I see that you said it was a local guy. I still think it’s a cool piece. In this case, I think a blue art label would be the most appropriate and cost effective if you insist on sending in to CBCS. Otherwise, a ComicSkin with a well-designed label would be cool as well
Post 9 IP   flag post
I changed my profile pic that is the other one he did for me ghost rider i belive!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Yeah and with the wait i have alot of autographed books i want to send in also i think them might be a better choice
Post 11 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
If you want it slabbed, I would send it in under the ART label. I would also get that big, honking crease on the spine pressed out.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah like @DrWatson said, that big crease has to go especially before it gets permanently slabbed (either by Grade or ART).

On a side note, it's a cool looking cover, but I never understood why in some of the comics covers, it shows Spider-mans eyes casting a reflection. He's not wearing glass over his eyes, nor sunglasses. It's cloth unless it changes to suit the needs of the artist at that particular time, much like how villain's powers change to meet the writers story needs.
Post 13 IP   flag post
This is the look i was going for
Post 14 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Personally, I would not.

I would get it pressed and then frame it nicely.

To me the grading / slabbing process is to validate no restoration, get an accurate grade and to preserve. However, for display I actually prefer raw.

You don’t need to confirm no restoration and judging from the condition, do you care much about the grade?

Love the artwork - I would be happy to just get the creases dealt with and frame.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe the local artist can become verified with CBCS and be able to send in this and other artwork directly through his/her own account so it won't be subject to the increase cost of a verified signature. You may then be able to get the yellow art label at a greatly reduced cost.

I would personally do what others have suggested and try to find a local presser to improve the appearance and get a $10-$15 frame for it.
Post 16 IP   flag post
598089 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?