Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector xtraplayer private msg quote post Address this user
Obviously CBCS is swamped. So why not say hold off on submissions ? Instead of encouraging more ?
Post 1 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
New submissions aren't slowing yours down.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Discouraging submissions will just make people send books to That Other Guy instead.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtraplayer
Obviously CBCS is swamped. So why not say hold off on submissions ? Instead of encouraging more ?

I would say that they should say for the Canadian operation to use the CBCS Dallas route and shutter the Canadian operations until they can get their sh!t together.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector comixfan59 private msg quote post Address this user
My Books are due today after shipping them off in March which isn’t too bad. I still will not be sending anything néw until they resolve some 13 books that were damaged of mine the previous order either by USPS and CBCS did not notify us of an obvious situation with the package or they were damaged while grading and slabbed regardless. They don’t want to seem to take accountability which is disturbing.
What’s funny is I was telling the staff at the local comic book store I worked at for 10 years and showed them photos which they found disheartening. A week later someone asked me about turn around time for CBCS and one if the staff told him do not bother snd related my experience. Then the staff told me multiple customers are waiting to hear how it is resolved. They all were going to send books in but said they are not until they hear about the situation being resolved. One apparently sent his books instead to the “other guy.”
I am really happy with other submissions I have received which makes it sadder. I don’t think the turn around time bothers ne much but this..
It’s called “don’t let your mouth write a check your Butt cannot cash.”
Not the way to run a business.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Ginosdad private msg quote post Address this user
I would just be happy to see a status update on my books every once in a while. At least, let me know if they are out of pressing and into grading or how far along they are. I understand the reasons for being "swamped", I just like to know where in the line my books are after 3 months.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector tonyz58 private msg quote post Address this user
2 orders from late March just arrived..40 in good condition..holding off on submissions will just put you further down in the Q...
Post 7 IP   flag post
Turnaround time is annoying yet livable, but it's sad to hear about damaged books!! I hadn't heard about that from CBCS before. To balance things out, check out what I got back from The Other Guy. It's something like a small envelope or an entire sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" paper folded into quarters inside the magazine. The corners of it are even stuck in the seal of the inner capsule. This is a level of incompetence that I don't have (civil) words for.

Post 8 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Turnaround time is annoying yet livable, but it's sad to hear about damaged books!! I hadn't heard about that from CBCS before. To balance things out, check out what I got back from The Other Guy. It's something like a small envelope or an entire sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" paper folded into quarters inside the magazine. The corners of it are even stuck in the seal of the inner capsule. This is a level of incompetence that I don't have (civil) words for.

That's a first for me!!! I wonder if it is microchamber paper.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector comixfan59 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Yup. Kind of disturbing. This is just four of the 13 all with damage in the same area. They were graded with the damage snd they even wrote in the notes “impact” on each snd everyone. Some key books like Weird Mystery #1, Strange Tales #178, Chamber of Chills #4 with the Conan prototype and several others. I am never going to back off until they take accountability and make it right. I will tell everyone I know snd with working in Comic Retail for almost 40 years snd at Diamond Distribution I know lots of people in the hobby. Next convention i will have a table displaying the books snd a warning.
Hope you get your books soon.
Post 10 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
That's a first for me!!! I wonder if it is microchamber paper.

MCP shouldn't have a fold.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O : If I'd had the book pressed, the probability of it being microchamber paper would be high, but I didn't do that with this lot of magazines. Nor did I have the good sense in my youth to store books like this with preservation in mind. 20/20 hindsight...

@comixfan59 : If they have similar damage in a similar area, was it shipping damage? If so, you might have a claim with the shipper. If CBCS receives a damaged parcel, do they document it so that customers can file insurance claims? If they don't, they should consider doing it, because this is not okay!
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O It reminds me of a subscription card. I didn't realize it was a magazine.
Post 13 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Jesse_O : If I'd had the book pressed, the probability of it being microchamber paper would be high, but I didn't do that with this lot of magazines. Nor did I have the good sense in my youth to store books like this with preservation in mind. 20/20 hindsight...

comixfan59 : If they have similar damage in a similar area, was it shipping damage? If so, you might have a claim with the shipper. If CBCS receives a damaged parcel, do they document it so that customers can file insurance claims? If they don't, they should consider doing it, because this is not okay!

That's a first for me as well...very strange indeed...what's the probability that is something that originated from the magazine vs. a foreign object? Very strange....
Post 14 IP   flag post
@GAC The book is from 1980, and if you look at the upper corner of the (thing), you can see marks left by a laserjet/inkjet printer, and that didn't come out until years after. It's definitely not something from when that book was published/distributed. It's possible that I printed something out one day more recently and then folded it up and stuck it in there (place holder?), but I doubt it. Even if that were the case, there's no excuse for The Other Guy to just leave it in there and encapsulate it along with the magazine!
Post 15 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@GAC The book is from 1980, and if you look at the upper corner of the (thing), you can see marks left by a laserjet/inkjet printer, and that didn't come out until years after. It's definitely not something from when that book was published/distributed. It's possible that I printed something out one day more recently and then folded it up and stuck it in there (place holder?), but I doubt it. Even if that were the case, there's no excuse for The Other Guy to just leave it in there and encapsulate it along with the magazine!

agreed 100%!!! whether you left something in there or not is irrelevant...if that's a foreign object, it should never have been encapsulated with it I did.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
agreed 100%!!! whether you left something in there or not is irrelevant...if that's a foreign object, it should never have been encapsulated

I'm with you! What amazes me is HOW!? It's actually stuck in the inner seal, so it's not like it rattled around hidden in there and finally poked out once it got back to me! Don't they state on their website that they have inspectors checking the inner capsule, then the outer capsule, and then an overall inspection prior to shipping? How on earth could this possibly get by!?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
agreed 100%!!! whether you left something in there or not is irrelevant...if that's a foreign object, it should never have been encapsulated

I'm with you! What amazes me is HOW!? It's actually stuck in the inner seal, so it's not like it rattled around hidden in there and finally poked out once it got back to me! Don't they state on their website that they have inspectors checking the inner capsule, then the outer capsule, and then an overall inspection prior to shipping? How on earth could this possibly get by!?

How indeed!! The grading companies must be so overwhelmed with orders that QC has likely been reassigned. Quality Control is probably in Receiving now and this what we get....what else can it be?
Post 18 IP   flag post
@GAC It has to be something like that. QC cannot be looking at books, otherwise there's no way this could get through.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Speaking of QC…

Got three books back from CGC. No damage, but the inner plastic sleeve is riddled with strange “scuff like” marks…so bad I’d rather they were Newton rings. So I’m sending them back To be reholdering as I cannot sell then for Fmv with these unsightly marks.

Also upset they were riddled with finger prints…which can be wiped away but come on? Have some pride. Wipe away your greasy potato chip marks before sending me my books.

These are just what I could get on a photo…they’re all over the back.

Ironically I recently sent a few books in I got online a few years back for re-holdering with the same issue.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Got three books back from CGC. No damage, but the inner plastic sleeve is riddled with strange “scuff like” marks…so bad I’d rather they were Newton rings. So I’m sending them back To be reholdering as I cannot sell then for Fmv with these unsightly marks.

Oh yeah, buyers are really touchy about imperfect capsules! I wonder if the marks are a materials issue or mishandling.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I like a good slab, but I have always been more concerned about the book inside. However, I'm more than happy to purchase a book at an attractive discount because someone thinks they have a damaged slab.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginosdad
I would just be happy to see a status update on my books every once in a while. At least, let me know if they are out of pressing and into grading or how far along they are. I understand the reasons for being "swamped", I just like to know where in the line my books are after 3 months.
Me too, since march, not an email, no dash update, nothing. can't call support, even my emails come back unable to deliver, this is no way to run a business.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
However, I'm more than happy to purchase a book at an attractive discount because someone thinks they have a damaged slab.

That’s the problem. If I sell these I’m either going to have to offer a discount or I’m going to face returns. Not acceptable for a new slab.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Cerebus3000 private msg quote post Address this user
My shipment of 8 Modern comics with pressing arrived in Oakville on July 5. I received an email today (August 27) indicating my order had been received and moved into the Pressing area of CBCS. I also received an email indicating my credit card had been charged. For any Canadians shipping to Oakville that tracks with the timing of another July delivery reported in the TAT 5.0 thread. The status on my dashboard now shows as Processing.

I am not sure if any part of that initial wait is included in the TAT, but I will now try to avoid thinking about this submission for about nine months.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Speaking of QC…

Also upset they were riddled with finger prints…which can be wiped away but come on? Have some pride. Wipe away your greasy potato chip marks before sending me my books.

These are just what I could get on a photo…they’re all over the back.

Ironically I recently sent a few books in I got online a few years back for re-holdering with the same issue.

i've goton those types of marks on my slabs (not the finger prints - the other stuff) and on 100% clean slabs I've sent to MCS.....it's just the slab and plastic bag rubbing - those marks wiped off super easy on mine - although MCS didn't bother to clean mine up....irks me when I see my listing looking bad
Post 26 IP   flag post
Anyone have an update on this order??

21-19F469B

I see other Canadians orders from June are showing as received while there is no movement on my May order!!!!

Someone...please..just to set my mind at ease!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector j_nocera private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebus3000
My shipment of 8 Modern comics with pressing arrived in Oakville on July 5. I received an email today (August 27) indicating my order had been received and moved into the Pressing area of CBCS.

Wait.....what?!?!?! I know myself and several others here who have had books collecting dust in Oakville since early MAY. And not a single update or even a message saying "shipment received". Just crickets. Yours arrive in July and already being worked on?!?!?! WTF
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Anyone have an update on this order??

21-19F469B

I see other Canadians orders from June are showing as received while there is no movement on my May order!!!!

Someone...please..just to set my mind at ease!

just sent another e-mail to customer service and Steve Paulus - not that it will do any good - do I need to start emailing everyone on the company directory and then move to emailig Beckett???

Almost 4 months and not marked as received - do you have my books - am I f'd now because it's too late to make a claim with the postal carrier??

Star Wars 1
Star Wars 42
Star Wars 68
TMNT Adventures 1
ROM 1
X-Men 221
X-Men 121
Marvel Tales 106
Sandman [Gaiman] 1
Marvel Spotlight 32
Post 29 IP   flag post
copied Beckett and posted on CBCS Facebook - maybe I need to send a singing telegram to the head office asking where the hell order 21-19F469B is!!
Post 30 IP   flag post
600853 60 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?