Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedPop CultureQuestions

magazines cases finally15530

Collector donho private msg quote post Address this user
Do not know if this has already been discussed lately but just learned that magazine cases are being made now. not sure when they get to cbcs but at least they are coming soon. Yay just had some magazine sized books that were not done correctly in raw (blue label instead of yellow) to be redone and may , due to current turnaround times. have them redone in the new cases. so fingers crossed since i can wait for my books. Most of the con submissions were for Roy Thomas so not a problem for me to wait. But am excited to finally have mag cases.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by donho
Yay just had some magazine sized books that were not done correctly in raw (blue label instead of yellow) to be redone and may

What does that mean?
Edit: Never mind, I searched Ebay and figured it out. I didn't realize they offered signature verification on Raw Grade and changed the label color to yellow.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Coldbobt private msg quote post Address this user
How do CBCS view a magazine sized book like Captain Britain #1? If it doesn't have the mask do they colour it qualified like CGC Green label it (which in my opinion is stupid)
Post 3 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldbobt
How do CBCS view a magazine sized book like Captain Britain #1? If it doesn't have the mask do they colour it qualified like CGC Green label it (which in my opinion is stupid)

I believe blue label with notation on the label of missing mask.
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldbobt

I believe blue label with notation on the label of missing mask.

Follow Up Question. If the mask is missing is it an automatic 0.5 grade for incomplete? I've got a Cap Britain 1 missing the mask as well.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector tonyz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Submitted 2 Capt Britains months ago for 'raw' grading..came back fine and sold fine..Thought I'd have a problem but all went well..Submitted 2 more and told them to hold for large cases as per Steve B...
Post 6 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@tonyz58

For clarification, Borock told you to ask them to hold for magazine case? If that's the case, that is wonderful news
Post 7 IP   flag post
Yes...They're coming in the fall..
Post 8 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for the update
Post 9 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz58
Yes...They're coming in the fall..

Fall 2021??? cause.......could be 2022!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
LOL.....No ,he said this year
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
#verysoon
Post 12 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I’m excited to slab my Shattered TMNT reprint 🤓
Post 13 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
We also need Treasury sized cases.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@brysb - Bryan, they would weigh 4 or 5 pounds each!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Treasury was already discussed and declined
Post 16 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@brysb - Bryan, they would weigh 4 or 5 pounds each!

That is true, but it would still be nice to have them. Too bad they can't come up with a lighter weight case.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Treasury was already discussed and declined
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Someone will eventually do Treasury size. I’m sure of it. CGC already does concert posters, after all.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector catrick339 private msg quote post Address this user
"In the fall".

Any idea when? I chatted with Steve B back in April or so, and
the answer was "In the summer".

I have a Cerebus 1 with a sig on page one that's just ITCHIN'
for a yellow label, lol

Too big for a standard case.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@catrick339 the cases are in production. They probably have to tweak the process a bit, but it shouldn't be too much longer. I imagine the labels need to be sized and designed, possibly a different printer. Those are two things off the top of my head that would need to be addressed.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by catrick339
"In the fall".

Any idea when? I chatted with Steve B back in April or so, and
the answer was "In the summer".

I have a Cerebus 1 with a sig on page one that's just ITCHIN'
for a yellow label, lol

Too big for a standard case.

Nobody knows how long. You can get signature verification on magazines in their Raw Grade program.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Any update on this?
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Any update on this?

#soon
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
I was at Monroe pop fest last week. Cody said last he heard was late this year. I hope so. Great lakes is in February. Maybe the few extra months will give cbcs a chance to work any bugs out. The magazine size cases from the other company... tried it once never again
Post 25 IP   flag post
600502 25 25
This topic is archived. Start new topic?