Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
was just wondering i might be looking to attend the con.

does anyone know in the forums if the Amtrak Train from NYC takes you there into the convention.

thanks for any help
Post 1 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I have taken Amtrak to Baltimore. Not for the Baltimore Comic con but for vacation.
I think it goes into Baltimore Penn, which is still a few miles from the Baltimore convention center. So I guess an Uber, Bus or Taxi is needed from there?

Unless you enjoy walking that much (I sure don't!) lol
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
Amtrak won't go directly to the convention center but it'll get you close. I'd suggest a taxi from there as it is probably too far to walk.

I'm excited for the show, it seems like every week they keep adding more guests.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I go every year.

Not sure about mass transit as I usually drive down.

If you use Parking Panda to rent your parking spot you can commute in from a hotel outside of town.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
so its easy from the train station to get a taxi.
i was thinking of using amtrak.
it looks nice.

and once at the hotel i like the idea that the con is right next door no travel at all
Post 5 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
Baltimore Penn Station is 2 miles away from the Baltimore Convention Center, which is 17 minutes by bus, 10 by car, or 32 minutes walking.

Which artists/writers are you most excited to see?
Post 6 IP   flag post
@jake did they open Penn Station back up? I know it was closed for a while
Post 7 IP   flag post
there is so many
i just saw the email

joe staton
arthur sudyam

and others

i just checked amtrak the nice train is only $120 for roundtrip
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastsk8
@jake did they open Penn Station back up? I know it was closed for a while

Personally, I drive, but as best as I can tell, depends on what train. Online says that they are open, although when I called them, they said some light rails were down.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'm looking forward to getting my skyline variants signed. I think I have 4 people for the absolute carnage 1, 5 or 6 for venomverse 1, and about 15 or 16 for asm 700.

That and I'm going to try and get a sketch from Alex saviuk although I'm not sure on what yet, and possibly Trish forstner on my stray dogs 1.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I know Starlin not announced, but anyone know if he is going (just not official through the site)?
Post 11 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
I know Starlin not announced, but anyone know if he is going (just not official through the site)?

Not sure what shows he has planned.

I saw him at Terrificon a short time ago.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I think he was at bmore in 2018.

2019 was fun...still regret not getting a sketch done by Crain and not getting some beatty shooter and Zeck sigs.
Post 13 IP   flag post
There will always be regrets with Cons.
We only have so much $$$ to spend and so much to buy.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111 my issue was more so that I wasn't as knowledgeable about artists and authors in general and ones that were going to be attending. I didn't really have any books for them to sign at the time(bought a secret wars 8 almost immediately after), however now I've bought specific books so I definitely don't miss out again.

Not books that I don't want, but more so books I want that I can also get signed. Never know when someone will decide to stop doing shows or pass away even. I love being able to have on display signed books that I love and am able to have that visible memory of how much fun I had at the con or being able to meet some amazing people.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Actually now that asm 700 is up to 17, since they added another 5 guests today.
Post 16 IP   flag post
For return shipping, how many comics are ideal to get the best shipping rate? I plan to drop off my comics at BCC late Sunday. I was planning on going Saturday, but now I have family coming into town. Also, what booth number is CBCS? Thanks!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Some big cancellations announced.

Marty Baumann
Brian Michael Bendis
Howard Victor Chaykin
Monica Gallagher
Laura Lee Gulledge
Howard Mackie
Pop Mhan
Terry Moore
Richard Pace
Tom Palmer
Brandon Peterson
Louise Simonson
Walter Simonson
John K. Snyder III
Jill Thompson
Post 18 IP   flag post
@drchaos Bummer about Terry Moore and John Snyder. Still have a chance to see Chris Bachalo, Frank Cho, Scott Hanna, Tom King, Bob McLeod, Trish Forstner and a couple of others.
Post 19 IP   flag post
I am surprised not see to Amy Chu or Charles Soule on the list. They are usually regulars.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake
I am surprised not see to Amy Chu or Charles Soule on the list. They are usually regulars.

Amy is at NYCC this weekend.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Ah, gotcha. She was at Awesome Con in DC this year, so I guess that covered the mid-Atlantic for her. In the past, I think that she has done both. Her teaching gig at Kubert School probably digs into her convention time.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Was kinda bummed out that mackie and bendis dropped out this week, but then shooter got added in...so I guess that makes up for it.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake
Ah, gotcha. She was at Awesome Con in DC this year, so I guess that covered the mid-Atlantic for her. In the past, I think that she has done both. Her teaching gig at Kubert School probably digs into her convention time.

She was also at Dewey's Comics / Kubert School on free comic day last time I saw her.
Post 24 IP   flag post
@jake good question though, I'll be dropping off some myself and didn't think about that lol
Post 25 IP   flag post
Cancellation list is a little longer:

Marty Baumann
Brian Michael Bendis
Howard Victor Chaykin
Monica Gallagher
Laura Lee Gulledge
Howard Mackie
Frank Miller
Terry Moore
Richard Pace
Tom Palmer
Brandon Peterson
Louise Simonson
Walter Simonson
John K. Snyder III
Jill Thompson
Timothy Truman
Mark Waid
Lee Weeks
Post 26 IP   flag post
I think all of those were on there earlier, although frank Miller is a new addition...surprised, he was like their top guest.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
I think all of those were on there earlier, although frank Miller is a new addition...surprised, he was like their top guest.

Mark Waid and Lee Weeks weren't thee the first time either.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Convention season last year was completely non-existent.
This year it is existent, but abysmal from a guest perspective. Simply abysmal.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:

It was pretty cool seeing him in 2017. I had front row seats during a panel and was at his signing prior.

Post 30 IP   flag post
601434 114 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?