Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedGrading Help NeededQuestions

New into grading need help please15467

Collector manouro private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone,

I'm a new collector. I'm not planning to have so many graded comic books but only the ones I like and I'm trying to get the ones signed by my favorite writers or artists.

I have one question how can I be sure that the cbcs case wasn't opened and that it's legit?

I know there is a serial number on each for verification but I was wondering if scammers can still change the comic book without damaging the cbcs case?

Thank you so much.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
The current CBCS cases are sealed all the way around so the book inside cannot be accessed without obviously breaking the outer shell.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
With the new cases, it’ll be much more difficult for someone to swap a label or the book without it being very obvious.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
even the older cases had the seal running through the label - any tampering would result in tearing the label
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics Not all of them. The heat seal was introduced after the rivet labels were replaced so the rivets and everything before did not have them. Once they were introduced, the heat seal only just touched the label. It was a few months before they changed it to have the seal run through the entire label

The heat seal is mostly there to prevent the label itself from being removed/replaced as it would tear. It wouldn’t help if the the whole top portion of the inner well was simply cut away and replaced. It probably would not be SUPER obvious in the slab when viewed from a distance but noticeable upon inspection.

It should also be noted that fraud like this is fairly uncommon. Something to watch out for, yes, but not really something to be paranoid about for most books
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector manouro private msg quote post Address this user
Perfect thank you 👍
Post 6 IP   flag post
601333 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?