Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
And lastly for home defense, because pretty much everyone knows the universal language of “Chck-chck” and what comes next. Oh, by the way, the first load in this Mossberg 500 is a 20g 7 1/2 shot…so I can get my bearings…followed by hollow slugs…cause i wanna put the zombies down for good.

Post 101 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts - https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/1016599999?pid=166521&utm_medium=shopping&utm_source=bing&utm_campaign=Shooting+-+Holsters+%26+Belts&utm_content=166521&cm_mmc=pf_ci_bing-_-Shooting+-+Holsters+%26+Belts-_-DeSantis+Holster-_-166521&msclkid=28629561ef9314c1bfeaf454ca146875&utm_term=1101131606224
Post 102 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
That's the exact one I've been looking at. I take it you recommend them.
Post 103 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts - very much so. The textured knubs on the exterior and the lip help keep in place while removing from pocket without need to use index finger. My MP 9 shield is fairly heavy for a pocket firearm, so, i have to make sure to wear a belt or proper fit in waist.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
https://urbancarryholsters.com/

G3 Ultimate Concealed Carry Holster Video Below
https://player.vimeo.com/video/560170739?h=a03395783a

Things to know before purchasing the G3:
https://player.vimeo.com/video/371197193?h=fa1c2a544c
Post 105 IP   flag post

I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Im thinking about trying the Tulster Profile Holster

Tulster Holsters
Post 106 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Just a water gun right now but man I wished I lived in Texas so I could go down to the local convenience store and pick up some nachos, a 12 pack, and a cool pistol or two

Post 107 IP   flag post
Man! six bullets for that gun is gonna cost ya! LOL!
Post 108 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I have to admit I'm loving this thread. Probably it's my coastal conditioning, but never, ever would I have imagined that a "show your guns" thread would be the one that unites forum members of different political ideologies. So cool to sometimes find out that the divisions are not as deep as you can be led to believe.
Post 109 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
For long range, I have my Howa (tzer) 308/751.

Just noticed my typo, 308/7.62x51. And yes, I purposefully gravitated towards firearms that should have plenty of usable ammunition available for the zombie apocalypse. .22(cause inexpensive practice makes perfect), 9mm, .45, .223/5.56, 308/7.62, 20ga and 12ga. And no, I didn't show everything, just my favs.
Post 110 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
The placement for some of these optics really bothers me lol.
Post 111 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I am always a little hesitant to share when it comes to my firearms, but here are some of my favs:

@Scifinator, growing up my old man taught me one of the number 1 rules of owning firearms is to NEVER and I mean NEVER advertise what you own. With that being said I suppose we show each other thousands of dollars in comics. I'm close to caving and sharing with you guys(keep in mind this doesn't mean my collection is that boss).
Post 112 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
@Scifinator, growing up my old man taught me one of the number 1 rules of owning firearms is to NEVER and I mean NEVER advertise what you own. With that being said I suppose we show each other thousands of dollars in comics. I'm close to caving and sharing with you guys(keep in mind this doesn't mean my collection is that boss).

What's the purpose of this lesson?
Post 113 IP   flag post
Hhhhhmmmmm, a couple things come to mind. Maybe the old guy was worried he’d get robbed if the wrong people found out about his firearms. Or, maybe he didn’t want his sons talking about guns at school? These come to mind but since I was 10 I listened to him and never asked “what’s the point of this lesson?”.
Post 114 IP   flag post
Secret Moderator MatterEaterLad private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone hunt? Bow season just started where I live. Oct 23 for rifle.
Post 115 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatterEaterLad

I have to go through Hunter's Safety. Probably will do it next month. Only have it to do it once in your life, then you can simply get your hunting license each year.
Post 116 IP   flag post
Quote:
Maybe the old guy was worried he’d get robbed if the wrong found out his firearms. Or, maybe he didn’t want his sons talking about guns at school?

I guess it depends on the area and what you have. If I had a legit Action Comics #1, you can bet there would only be a select few to know about it. I don't perceive any harm in others knowing that I collect comic books, though.
Post 117 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
Well, since it's a PITA to get and keep restricted firearms in Canada (Licensed for long guns), I just picked up an Umarex T4E TR50 revolver and a load of hard rubber 50 cal. balls.
Post 118 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I am always a little hesitant to share when it comes to my firearms, but here are some of my favs:

Since it has been proven that those who seek to hack and/or collect data from others on-line happens, I think your father was smart. He provided you with information that holds up well in today's electronic age.

(I'm surprised that some of the jpgs shown in this thread have serial numbers showing).
Post 119 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
(I'm surprised that some of the jpgs shown in this thread have serial numbers showing).

I would make a joke about filing them off, but I'm pretty sure that's against TOS since the sarcasm may be undetectable.
Post 120 IP   flag post
Collector crystalphoto private msg quote post Address this user

Post 121 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater

@Towmater - i did not think about that.
Post 122 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing is sacred on the internet.
Post 123 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Nothing is sacred on the internet.
Pretty much. I didn't mean to rain on this discussion. Like I said, we post pictures of comics with the value of these pieces and the serial number is visible on a lot of them as well. My perspective just happened to be that of a city folk dad in 1990 that had boys in public school.
Post 124 IP   flag post
Quote:
I didn't mean to rain on this discussion.

No harm, no foul. I was just interested in the reasoning.

I think that we, as a society, need to be less scared and more informed about these things. My dad said that his school had a Shooting Club back in 1982 lol. It's to a point where I am thinking that mandatory military training (I don't have any) wouldn't be such a bad thing for society. Information and discipline are typically good things.
Post 125 IP   flag post
Secret Moderator MatterEaterLad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Quote:

I have to go through Hunter's Safety. Probably will do it next month. Only have it to do it once in your life, then you can simply get your hunting license each year.

In Montana you don't have to take Hunter's Safety if you're an adult. Though it's never a bad idea, considering one year a guy shot a llama thinking it was a deer.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Quote:
In Montana you don't have to take Hunter's Safety if you're an adult. Though it's never a bad idea, considering one year a guy shot a llama thinking it was a deer.

Sadly, anyone in MI born after 1960 must take Hunter's Safety prior to obtaining their first hunting license.

I can't say that it's a bad idea. While I'm a veteran with firearms, I don't know jack-s^&* about hunting guidelines and etiquette.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user

Saw this randomly appear on the deck recently...
Post 128 IP   flag post
Having some acreage to shoot at, the kids and I have been piecing together scrap from the junk pile into make shift targets. So I decided to make some home made target stands for our little gun range.

There are various PVC styles and builds on Youtube. While trying to keep the cost down, here are the stands that I assembled for less than $20. The cost could be higher, but I had some of the items already in my tool shed (PVC Glue, Paint, Scrap plywood, screws, staples etc..)

Parts I did have to buy:

1 - 10 ft 1 1/2 inch PVC pipe ($8)

4 - 1 1/2 inch PVC tee's ($1.60 ea ) ($6.40)

1 - 2 x 2 inch wood furrowing strip (8 ft) $2.79

Note: I did have to trim the 2x2 wood strips on my table saw to fit into the 1 1/2 PVC pipe.

Stands consist of:

6 - 12 inch pieces
1 - 20 inch piece
4 - Tee's
1 - 2 x 2 (8 ft) Furrowing Strip ( cut into 2 4ft pieces)
( you should have a 24 inch piece of PVC left over to use on the next stand )

I glued everything but the two legs on the upright cross member piece. This allows me to break the stands down to easily store or transport.

I can quickly assemble the upright piece in the field. I did see a guy on you tube fill the bottom legs with gravel and glue end caps on, but that added some additional cost, so I drilled 4 holes in the base legs to pin the stand to the ground for stability if need be.

Then add the 4 ft wood uprights, which I added scrap plywood, cardboard backing I had lying around in the rafters. I initially made the stand on the right at 18 inches wide and then decide to make the others at 24 inches wide to accommodate the wider targets.

We may take them out to the range tomorrow and try them out, depending on the weather.
Post 129 IP   flag post
Well I had my new Target stands out in the field and it was kind of windy so I used the stake hole to pin the stands to the ground which worked great!

The problem was that I choose not to glue the uprights to make the stands more modular. The wind ended up working the unglued uprights loose causing them to fall over.

I now have the uprights glued and they should work perfectly next time out in the field.

Post 130 IP   flag post
600900 335 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?