Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
My newest addition, which is a birthday present from my dad. It's .45 cal with absolutely no markings on the barrel or anywhere else, so I have no idea of the year or maker. It does fire, but needs a cap conversion and some sights.

Post 76 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts

That lever (trigger guard?) screams "Mr. Fancypants".
Post 77 IP   flag post
@theCapraAegagrus Yeah it's a little ornate. The second trigger is a safety. I may see if I can find more info on it at some point. For it to not have any markings, it has a lot of fancy embellishments. I wouldn't think it would be the work of a novice gunmaker, but I have no clue.
Post 78 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
@theCapraAegagrus Yeah it's a little ornate. The second trigger is a safety. I may see if I can find more info on it at some point. For it to not have any markings, it has a lot of fancy embellishments. I wouldn't think it would be the work of a novice gunmaker, but I have no clue.

Certainly an interesting piece
Post 79 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
Ammo and firearms imported from Russia just got banned from coming to the States.

To quote Gordon Ramsay: "Absolute dog s^&*!"

Ditto
Post 80 IP   flag post

Collector DertyComix private msg quote post Address this user

Well I know I'm jumping on this thread a little late but here are some of my toys that I usually shoot. The S&W MP is my favorite CCW.
Post 81 IP   flag post

😑 my luck it did not load two of them but here they are.
Post 82 IP   flag post
I love the M&P line. They are finely tuned "cordless hole-punches". 😆

Post 83 IP   flag post
@DertyComix Your Never too late to the game! Sweet looking Kimber!

Speaking of the Smith & Wesson M&P Line I just picked up mine yesterday at Bass Pro Shop

Shield Plus 9mm Pistol
I ran 150 rounds through it today.
I did notice the slide was not locking open after firing the last shot

I also picked up this Smith & Wesson 15-22 semi-auto Rifle
It is set up just like a standard AR, but a bit easier on the wallet with the .22LR rounds.
It was a blast shooting today as I ran 300 rounds through it. Had a few FTE with the winchester ammo I was shooting, fairly common for these rim fires. Great little plinking rifle.

I think George and Winston approved!

@SteveRicketts @DertyComix Are those the rifles from the 15-22 series? .223/5.56?
Post 84 IP   flag post
Mine is 5.56.
Post 85 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts Nice
Post 86 IP   flag post
After googling the problem of my new Shield Plus pistol's slide not locking back after the last shot I discovered that the grip with my thumb was actually hitting the slide lock. I will adjust my grip next time so that my thumb is not in contact with the slide lock. It appears that this is a very common problem with many of these compact pistols.
Post 87 IP   flag post
On my my M&P 9mm, I bought this cheap grip and trimmed off about the bottom third. Makes it fit your hand like a glove.
Post 88 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944 my rifle is a LWRC in 5.56. I really need to just buckle down and just work some OT and get a SBR. I've been waiting patiently for my tax stamp for my can so I can put it on my Sig MPX. Looks like I may have to call the ATF and see what's taking it so long. I'm well over 1 year on the process. I'm also going to SBR that MPX when I get around to it. I also need to get a G33 for that rifle also.
Post 89 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 @SteveRicketts I was going to buy an M&P9C back when they came out, but they no longer make that version, and replaced it with the Shield, which is a little lighter then the 9C. I'm still going to purchase one, but I just haven't pulled the trigger on that one yet...
Post 90 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth if you can find one I highly suggest to get it on the spot if it's affordable. I love mine and is my go to CCW. It's fun to shoot.
Post 91 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
just picked these up during covid...vp9, sig navy, hk40 and the 2 long barrels..plus a sweet blade

Post 92 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@BigRedOne1944 @SteveRicketts I was going to buy an M&P9C back when they came out, but they no longer make that version, and replaced it with the Shield, which is a little lighter then the 9C. I'm still going to purchase one, but I just haven't pulled the trigger on that one yet...

Im very happy with the M&P Shield plus. I suppose I might have been able to find it a bit cheaper had I kept looking. I bought mine online at Cabela's/Bass Pro for $479. I know other have reported finding it cheaper, but this was the best I could find and I wasn't interested in waiting around any longer.
Post 93 IP   flag post
@Watcher Holy Smoke! Looks like you got the whole gambit covered!

I'd sure hate to be on the other side of that door!
Post 94 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
@Watcher Holy Smoke! Looks like you got the whole gambit covered!

I'd sure hate to be on the other side of that door!

lol..took some advice on weapons choice from some buddies...but I'm old and can't see like I used to so hopefully I never ever need to pull these out for real.
Post 95 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
I am always a little hesitant to share when it comes to my firearms, but here are some of my favs:

My conceal carry S&W MP 9 Shield along with the convenient pocket holster which keeps the shield clean, virtually reduces all imprint and allows for quick ready position access…in the hopefully unlikely event of…well, you know.

Post 96 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
The Walther PPQ 9 mil is just an absolute joy to shoot with. Amazingly accurate, level feel, ambidextrous, multiple grips for perfect feel, has never misfired or misfed on me. Amazing! Highly recommend. I much prefer this over my Colt 45 auto, browning 9mm HP, or Sprinfield XDs 9mm.

Post 97 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
I am always a little hesitant to share when it comes to my firearms, but here are some of my favs:

My conceal carry S&W MP 9 Shield along with the convenient pocket holster which keeps the shield clean, virtually reduces all imprint and allows for quick ready position access…in the hopefully unlikely event of…well, you know.

Do you have a link for the holster?
Post 98 IP   flag post
For some close up to 100 yard activities, aesthetics aside, the my HiPoint 9mm and 45 carbines are a real blast.

Post 99 IP   flag post
For long range, I have my Howa (tzer) 308/751.

Post 100 IP   flag post
And lastly for home defense, because pretty much everyone knows the universal language of “Chck-chck” and what comes next. Oh, by the way, the first load in this Mossberg 500 is a 20g 7 1/2 shot…so I can get my bearings…followed by hollow slugs…cause i wanna put the zombies down for good.

Post 101 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts - https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/1016599999?pid=166521&utm_medium=shopping&utm_source=bing&utm_campaign=Shooting+-+Holsters+%26+Belts&utm_content=166521&cm_mmc=pf_ci_bing-_-Shooting+-+Holsters+%26+Belts-_-DeSantis+Holster-_-166521&msclkid=28629561ef9314c1bfeaf454ca146875&utm_term=1101131606224
Post 102 IP   flag post
That's the exact one I've been looking at. I take it you recommend them.
Post 103 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts - very much so. The textured knubs on the exterior and the lip help keep in place while removing from pocket without need to use index finger. My MP 9 shield is fairly heavy for a pocket firearm, so, i have to make sure to wear a belt or proper fit in waist.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
https://urbancarryholsters.com/

G3 Ultimate Concealed Carry Holster Video Below
https://player.vimeo.com/video/560170739?h=a03395783a

Things to know before purchasing the G3:
https://player.vimeo.com/video/371197193?h=fa1c2a544c
Post 105 IP   flag post
601448 335 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?