Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Carry my trusty nine, 13 rounds in the mag..Taurus G2, small , lightweight, low level kickback, and with hollow points, enough stopping power to level the playing field. Small, easy to conceal and quite a bit of gun for the money.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
My Colt King Cobra .357 with Federal Premium hollow points level 100 stopping power. A blast to shoot but damn the rounds are pricey.

Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
I shoot ducks, an occasional goose. I just go down to the manure pond, scare up whatever is swimming there, and shoot a couple. Takes about 10 minutes.
My granddads Remington model 10.

I remember duck hunting as being a lot more difficult!! LOL

Me too!....stupid dog, we'll see who gets the last laugh!

Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector SupaCor private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrie2tm
Hoping to shoot this badboy sometime in the near future.

(not mine)
Post 29 IP   flag post
I developed somewhat of an ammo obsession about 3 years ago and have been stocking up ever since. Here is about 12000 rounds of 9MM loose in cans I have about another 5000 rounds in bulk packs.

Post 30 IP   flag post

"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
2x ruger 5.56 ar pistols

Daniel defense dm4v11 pro /with leupold 1-6vxhd

2x Glock 43 single stack

Glock 19 Gen 3 with zev upgraded trigger, true precision fluted&threaded barrel

Built bronze ar15 5.56/.223

Built 300 blackout

Built ar9 with sb pdw stock

Mossberg 930 tac

Israelli.357 MK 1 desert eagle

Currently building a .308 with 2 stage geisselle trigger, aero precision bcg nickel boron coating. Looking for a decent 20” carbon fiber barrel.

Sadly I lost everything in a boating accident.
Post 31 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
I have a Vortex Strikefire II on mine. It was so close to being sighted in out of the box that it took literally two shots to nail it. I can't recommend the Vortex any higher. 👍

Well... I have to work tomorrow so I won't be able to get out in the field, hopefully I'll have similar luck.

Lots of super nice looking fire arms posted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmonster
I developed somewhat of an ammo obsession about 3 years ago and have been stocking up ever since. Here is about 12000 rounds of 9MM loose in cans I have about another 5000 rounds in bulk packs.

I know lots of people who do the same thing. I try to keep at least a couple hundred rounds for each caliber I shoot.

Are You loading these yourself or store bought?
Post 32 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944 All store bought I don’t shoot enough to justify investing in the equipment and materials to load myself. I don’t see them anymore but for a time on eBay you could buy Bass Pro and Cabelas gift cards for 20% off. I bought thousands of dollars worth so all the firearms and ammo I’ve bought for years have been at a 20% savings. I have a Bass Pro close to my house which makes using them really easy. Normally you can get better prices on firearms online but with the 20% off and not having to pay for the FFL transfer I can’t beat it. Once prices get back to normal I’ll go buy more as guns and ammo are some of the best currency you can have.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Gustafson26 private msg quote post Address this user
Don't have any pics to share but my father is an expert marksman, retired from the police department and a state champion skeet/trap shooter. Knowing what I know now I would not trust my son to do what he allowed. I would follow him around the skeet/trap club and collect spent shells that nobody wanted, I'd say 1992-1998, when I was 6-12 and he would allow me to reload all the empty shells with his reloaders. Mostly 12 gauge to 20 gauge. Thinking back though he must have had alot of trust in me to reload 100 or so bullets with no supervision, or it was easy child labor. Also, my bedroom was also the gun room. Gun case on the right of the TV and ammo on the left. People would probably be arrested for that kinda stuff these days haha.
Post 34 IP   flag post
@Gustafson26

Great Story!

I remember my dad reloading shot gun shells for trap shooting as well. We use to steal a cup full of powder for fire attacks on our GI Joes. We would also swipe a handful primers to shoot out of our wrist rockets at the garage wall
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
2x ruger 5.56 ar pistols

Daniel defense dm4v11 pro /with leupold 1-6vxhd

2x Glock 43 single stack

Glock 19 Gen 3 with zev upgraded trigger, true precision fluted&threaded barrel

Built bronze ar15 5.56/.223

Built 300 blackout

Built ar9 with sb pdw stock

Mossberg 930 tac

Israelli.357 MK 1 desert eagle

Currently building a .308 with 2 stage geisselle trigger, aero precision bcg nickel boron coating. Looking for a decent 20” carbon fiber barrel.

Thats a lot of fire power to be carrying on a boat?
Post 36 IP   flag post
Wanted to share I’m in Maryland I swung by a local outdoor flea market yesterday to see if the regular comic dealer was there he was not but there was a guy there selling ammunition. I was surprised I did not know you could do that in MD. Got to talking to him he had a few boxes of mixed rifle and handgun his price on 9MM was $35 for a 50 pack. I don’t know a whole lot about the different brands but it looked like lower quality the boxes were stamped Made in Russia. I showed him the pic of my 9MM stash and he said he would buy from me at $.20 per round. I have thought about selling some of my supply with the crazy prices but I might never be able to replace it at a reasonable cost. Are these current crazy prices the new normal?
Post 37 IP   flag post
With the political turmoil and all the covid bull shit, people were/are not only hoarding toilet paper, but ammo as well. This kind of paranoia always gives rise to price gouging. A price gouger at a flea market is not where I would be looking to buy ammo, and surely not 9MM for $35/50 rd pack.

.20 cents a round is only $10 a box, I bet he would buy it for that, Hell I'll buy it for that!(I'll take 10 boxes please)

You mentioned early that all of the ammo you showed was store bought? Was you buying it for less than $10 a box/50 ?

I just bought 9mm boxes at my local Farm King Store for $21 a box (limit 3 boxes)

I personally don't see the need to hoard that much ammo, I'd have a blast shooting all that ammo!
Post 38 IP   flag post
My trusty 9MM Ruger P89 was one of the very first fire arms I purchased way back in 1995.
Ive run countless rounds through it and it has never failed to perform flawlessly or shoot true.
A 25 year old classic piece I wouldn't trade for any other 9

@Murmonster How about I burn a few thousand rounds of that supply you have sitting around collecting dust

Post 39 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944 I paid about $.15 per round so $7.50 per box. I know the pic I shared screams hoarder but I’m really not. I basically pay for both myself and my kids shooting. They are adult kids mind you when we go shooting together ammo is on Dad and when they go alone they stop by and help themselves to my supply. In fact when my son left today he grabbed a 500 bulk pack walking out the door gotta love it. If you have kids you understand.
Post 40 IP   flag post
And also about the flea market seller he made the offer and I thanked him but I wouldn’t sell it for that cheap yeah I have a lot now but it goes fast and I think it will still be quite some time if ever before prices get back to normal.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Murmonster Keep your ammo, you've had it this long. No less reason to have it today than there was in the past.
Post 42 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@Murmonster Keep your ammo, you've had it this long. No less reason to have it today than there was in the past.

I agree 100%

Hang on to your firearms and ammo.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Quote:
@BigRedOne1944 I paid about $.15 per round so $7.50 per box. I know the pic I shared screams hoarder but I’m really not. I basically pay for both myself and my kids shooting. They are adult kids mind you when we go shooting together ammo is on Dad and when they go alone they stop by and help themselves to my supply. In fact when my son left today he grabbed a 500 bulk pack walking out the door gotta love it. If you have kids you understand.

Im glad to hear that it is being used and shot...... after all practice makes perfect!

I hear ya on the kids shooting, but the wife probably burns through more ammo than my son.

What kind of guns are the kids shootin?

Do you stock pile any other caliber ammo, besides 9 mm?

The .223 Really got crazy and scare. I got a couple friends who re-load 9mm and .223, I have actually thought about investing in re-loading my own. We'll see what happens

Gold, Ground & Guns!
Post 44 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
...level 100 stopping power.

LOL.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:

I'm really hoping that you're aware of the joke...
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Boating and guns? How to shoot moose the easy way.

Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:

Literally the kind of response that this guy would give:

Post 48 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944 We shoot mostly handguns obviously 9 MM also some .40, .38 & .357
For the other calibers I have maybe a few hundred rounds of each nothing crazy.
I only have one long gun a .22 which is fun to shoot but I'm partial to handguns I like the mobility.
I bought both my kids Glock 43s and paid for their Utah and Florida non-resident concealed carry permits.
If Maryland ever gets their act together and allows citizens to arm and protect themselves with concealed carry I hope we can all be grandfathered in with the permits we already have. Wishful thinking though at this point.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Quote:
@BigRedOne1944 We shoot mostly handguns obviously 9 MM also some .40, .38 & .357
For the other calibers I have maybe a few hundred rounds of each nothing crazy.
I only have one long gun a .22 which is fun to shoot but I'm partial to handguns I like the mobility.
I bought both my kids Glock 43s and paid for their Utah and Florida non-resident concealed carry permits.
If ________ ever gets their act together and allows citizens to arm and protect themselves with concealed carry I hope we can all be grandfathered in with the permits we already have. Wishful thinking though at this point.

The fact that you have to pay for your rights in some/most states is a travesty. Can't believe this was allowed to happen.
Post 50 IP   flag post
@theCapraAegagrus Agree 100% now I could just carry anyway but if I'm caught my whole life would be turned upside down. Not worth it.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
@theCapraAegagrus Agree 100% now I could just carry anyway but if I'm caught my whole life would be turned upside down. Not worth it.

The fact that you must choose between potential prison time vs potential death is the primary factor in my support for Constitutional Carry.

I will eventually get my CPL, but the pandemic has been prohibitive. Wish I did it last March right after I bought my first pistol.
Post 52 IP   flag post
@theCapraAegagrus What state do you live in?
Post 53 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@theCapraAegagrus What state do you live in?

The perpetual state of supporting Constitutional Carry would be my guess. 🥁 🍻
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user

My modified “John wick”
Post 55 IP   flag post
601329 335 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?