Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Looks out of box and ensuring atleast boresighted before starting.

Back home from my dad’s place with the land to shoot and upgrading stock and plastic trigger guard to nickel.

I actually don’t mind the scope it came with for now. Will also be getting fluted bolt, longer handle, and bi-pod. But here it is thus far.
Post 301 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmonster
Any Marylanders on here going for their MD concealed carry permit due to the recent law change? Just signed up myself requires 16 hours of classroom training and live fire qualification. Was hoping that already having my UT & FL non-resident concealed carry would help but nope I need to start from scratch.

A little extra training never hurts..... Good Luck

I will be signing up for Illinois

16 classroom and Live fire qualification hours as well.

I decided to put my class off but finally completed this week and submitted my application to MSP should have my permit within 90 days. Treated myself to a Glock 43X as I gave my 43 to my son.
Post 302 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:
Any Marylanders on here going for their MD concealed carry permit due to the recent law change? Just signed up myself requires 16 hours of classroom training and live fire qualification. Was hoping that already having my UT & FL non-resident concealed carry would help but nope I need to start from scratch.

A little extra training never hurts..... Good Luck

I will be signing up for Illinois

16 classroom and Live fire qualification hours as well.

I decided to put my class off but finally completed this week and submitted my application to MSP should have my permit within 90 days. Treated myself to a Glock 43X as I gave my 43 to my son.

Nice. Hope you like the 43X. Extra capacity is always a bonus.
Post 303 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
@Frontier2Xterra That Savage Rifle is the damnest thing Ive ever seen!

@Murmonster Congratulations on the 43X
Post 304 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944 thanks! Fluted bolt now complete.

Post 305 IP   flag post

I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
Going to do a WWII shoot for some British coworkers this weekend. Most of the guns will be either period original or essentially identical. So far I am bringing a k.98, a 91/30, a No.4 Mk1, an M1 Garand, a Nagant revolver, and two 1911s (one in 45 ACP and one in 38 Super). If I can get my dad to come, he will probably bring his M1 carbine and Manurhin P1 (post war version of the P38). Should be a good time. I'm also going to bring an AKM and a USAF surplus 20" A2 for a little Cold War comparison.
Post 306 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 307 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 308 IP   flag post
Waiting on tax stamps. After those are all done, I think I am shopping for a functional Martini-Henry.
Post 309 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
My new toy.

Post 310 IP   flag post
Had some of my new Steel targets out in the field this weekend, unfortunately I forgot to snap any pics

Weather's starting to break so I will be getting out to range more.

Just picked up this little .22 Ruger pistol for the wife/daughter. I have to tell ya...... I couldn't hit shit with it! Some practice will be needed

Post 311 IP   flag post
@OGJackster oh that’s nice.
Post 312 IP   flag post

Post 313 IP   flag post
Hello once again all of my fellow firearms enthusiasts!

Hopefully ya all are finding time to get out and get some rounds down range!

Today was just to Friggin HOT and I didn't get out to the field to shoot.

I did get some goodies from the postman....

Last month I put a Holosun 507K Red dot on my pistol. After getting it zeroed and working with it since then I have become one with it. So much so that I bought another one to put on my 4 inch S&W performance center. Im can't wait to get this one mounted up. Im still waiting on the adapter plate.

Post 314 IP   flag post
Got the mounting hardware today and got the optic mounted.

Hopefully I can get yer zeroed in and some rounds through it this weekend

Post 315 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Sig 1911 Nightmare. I cannot wait to get to the range and empty some mags.

Post 316 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
Sig 1911 Nightmare. I cannot wait to get to the range and empty some mags.

Be an expensive paper weight if ya didn't
Post 317 IP   flag post
Picked up this case. Needed something for going to the range and just general storage now that my handgun family has grown. (S&W M&P 2.0 EZ, Beretta 96A, Sig Nightmare, Sig P365)
Post 318 IP   flag post
I was able to get to the range today and get the 1st shots with the
New Holosun Optic I recently got mounted up.

Right out of the box at 15 yards it was pretty darn close!

My brother and his son were there with their new 1911's. I know and understand the illustrious history of the 1911, but IMHO it is out dated and obsolute. I believe 9 MM is simply a much more efficient round to shoot. Yea... Yea I know ... "but the knock down power man!" First of all ya have to get shots on target with those larger more expensive rounds. I can carry more 9mm ammo, half the cost, shoot it more accurate and the effectiveness is more than effective. Of coarse that was a debate all after noon.

My brother and his Son Luke picking up the brass for reloads

Those Targets didn't stand much of a chance today.

Post 319 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
I dream of range time like this @BigRedOne1944... 10-8 concrete jungle status.
Post 320 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAmistoso
I dream of range time like this @BigRedOne1944... 10-8 concrete jungle status.

Yes, we are very lucky.... Our Grand Mother left us this beautiful 55 acres of timber. Hopefully our sons and daughters will cherish it as much as we do once it is handed down to them.

Post 321 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944 we hear you on the merits of the 9mm round. Care to share your thoughts on the .38 special for all the wheel gun aficionados out there? You can stray into .357 mag territory if you are feeling randy...
Post 322 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
My thoughts... The 38 specials is cheap and easy to reload. If 9mm isn't economy enough, 38 special is. Also, its pretty easy to clean a revolver so un jacketed projectiles can slide a bit.
Post 323 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAmistoso
@BigRedOne1944 we hear you on the merits of the 9mm round. Care to share your thoughts on the .38 special for all the wheel gun aficionados out there? You can stray into .357 mag territory if you are feeling randy...

Im sure everybody has their own preferences and reasons for them. If that's what works for ya more power to ya!

Me personally.... I don't want to get caught up in having a bunch of different platforms and calibers.

With the cost of ammunition I don't want to have to purchase and or Store multiple calibers of ammo. To me 9mm is the most popular caliber on the planet for a reason.

1- Well placed 9mm shots are every bit as devastating (any difference is negligible to me)

2- 9MM recoil is much easier for the common shooter to control and become accurate with resulting in more shots on target than those larger calibers, (despite what the nay sayers say)

3- Weight/Size: I can carry twice as 9MM as any of the larger calibers, not to mention more rounds in each Magazine = More rounds on targets

4- Cost: Its the most cost efficient pistol round in the world. Ive seen even lower calibers such as .380 cost more than 9MM at times.

5- In the zombie apocalypse 9mm will be the most common to find in peoples caches

A .22LR is the only other caliber hand gun I bother to own just because of its light weight versatility, cost efficiency and small game rifle applications. .22LR is a must in any scenario.

As for the .38 Special / .357 Mag / .44 Mag .... If were talking revolvers..... well I guess they all have their time and place, but I personally feel that a "6 round" revolver is at a distinct disadvantage versus any of the semi-auto pistols that offer higher round count in the magazines and shoot faster, not to mention much faster reloads.

This of coarse is just my opinion and Im sure many will disagree, but it is what works best for me, and thats all that really matters.... what works best for YOU.

22LR
9MM
223/556
Post 324 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
My thoughts... The 38 specials is cheap and easy to reload. If 9mm isn't economy enough, 38 special is. Also, its pretty easy to clean a revolver so un jacketed projectiles can slide a bit.

Yup... surely wouldn't want .38 special under my chin thats for sure

un jacketed projectiles?
Post 325 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944

Obligatory TWO WORLD WARS!!! post.

Green Corian grips is classic .45 ACP, rosewood grips is .38 Super Auto. Both have been flawless in operation for me. 8+1 in the .45, 9+1 in the .38.

I have a 9mm pistol as well, but it's a Serbian copy of a SIG.
Post 326 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42
@BigRedOne1944

Obligatory TWO WORLD WARS!!! post.

Green Corian grips is classic .45 ACP, rosewood grips is .38 Super Auto. Both have been flawless in operation for me. 8+1 in the .45, 9+1 in the .38.

I have a 9mm pistol as well, but it's a Serbian copy of a SIG.

SWEET! The .45 is indeed blessed with a storied history that continues captivating people with its legendary status to this very day!

Thanks for sharing those awesome pieces!
Post 327 IP   flag post
9mm is the perfect conceal carry round. I like 40s+w/45 for home defense.
Post 328 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Sure un jacketed. I wouldn’t hold a revolver under my chin anyways.
Post 329 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Sure un jacketed. I wouldn’t hold a revolver under my chin anyways.

I was talking somebody else sticking it there
Post 330 IP   flag post
600833 335 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?