Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got a new optic for my AR-15 Rifle.

I ran 100 rounds through the gun last weekend at our semi annual shoot out. I was using a Leupold Red dot optic that we had trouble sighting in.

Once I get this new Vortex crossfire optic secured I will head back to the field to see if we can't get it zeroed in.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Sweet!!! I want one.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
Nice! Haven’t been to the range in awhile. You just inspired me.
Post 3 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
I have a Vortex Strikefire II on mine. It was so close to being sighted in out of the box that it took literally two shots to nail it. I can't recommend the Vortex any higher. 👍
Post 4 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Raised my qualification level on the M9 pistol and M4 rifle before deploying a few years ago. Used to go shooting with the old roommates. I don't own any firearms but I enjoy shooting them. I also hate cleaning them.
Post 5 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley I'm an odd duck. I actually enjoy cleaning them. 😂
Post 6 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
I'm involved with an ammo business so I get to test fire new batches when they come off the line.

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Triplecdad private msg quote post Address this user
A lot different than you all lately. First I have been re-springing the magazines for my .30 carbine. My favorite weapon although a notorious “jammer.” Most recenrley fired my Springfield (reproduction) Civil War rifled-musket. After you fire one you realize why so many were killed by that weapon. The penetrating power of the Minie ball is surprising.
Post 8 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
That seems wholly unnecessary for an AR-15, but I won't judge.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I've got a Sig Romeo5XDR with Sig Juliet3 on my AR-15.
Sig MSR on my DP-12. Needs to be zeroed.
Nightforce ATACR 4-16x on my .300 Win Mag Remington 700. Zeroed at 50m; Need to get it zeroed at 200m.
I've got a Sig Sauer M18 that I've considered getting an optic for, but I do love the iron sights on it. Plus, pistol optics are overpriced.

Hoping to get a .22 LR bolt-action (Ruger) soon, and slap a cheaper scope on it. Also looking at a .22 LR Taurus with the bells and whistles, like my dad just got.

I have a .30 cal suppressor currently in the system. Assuming all goes well, I'll be looking to get .223 and .22 suppressors in January.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
@Studley_Dudley I'm an odd duck. I actually enjoy cleaning them. 😂

Why is it not surprising that someone who cleans and restores delicate objects enjoys cleaning firearms? Maybe I will send in my AR-180 for you to clean…. I just have a tough time with that one.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I'm down to just three guns now. They are all in storage right now. I learned early in my life that my left eye is dominant and I have learned to shoot left handed. I have one shotgun, an Ithaca Featherlight pump 12 gauge with a left hand safety installed by the local gunsmith. I have a Savage 250-3000 lever action rifle with a scope and sling. My dad passed that one down to me and I will pass it down to one of my kids some day. And then my plinker. It's a Ruger 10/22 with a Boyd's Gunstocks SS Evolution stock, left handed safety, extended magazine release and a 25 round Ruger magazine. I forget what the scope is, but I put on the see through scope mounts so I could still use the iron sights. Also, a sling has been added to it since these pictures.

Post 12 IP   flag post
Love that stock
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

That's pretty sick.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@Triplecdad @theCapraAegagrus thanks!! I highly suggest Boyd's Gunstocks if you want to sporterize any gun. They were very reasonably priced about 10 years ago. Here's the link to their website.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Rinova private msg quote post Address this user
LOL I thought this was a Golf question.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user

Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector SupaCor private msg quote post Address this user
boyds makes great stocks, ive got them on 4 of my rifles and cant say enough good things.
Post 18 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
50mm for headshots

That is in a pinch, of course.

Otherwise 85mm.

You get the best portraits with those two prime lenses imho. I usually have my 50-200mm zoom, however to shoot eagles, deer, foxes and other wildlife around my area. It works well enough for most shooting needs.

Mostly birds lately.

Beverages, mostly patron, but I rarely do shots…

Golf, a 90 is a good day.

For firearms (leaving aside collector pieces) I am simple and keep to a S&W 9mm for practicality and 92FS for aesthetics and accuracy. 92FS is oversized but for me the ergonomics are perfect and so is accuracy. The design is timeless and it really is a piece of art. The M&P shield is far too small to be comfortable but is “okay” with the extended mag.

Oh, forgot to add the 92FS is actually NOT so easy to carry with the extended mag…

Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
50mm for headshots

That is in a pinch, of course.

Otherwise 85mm.

You get the best portraits with those two prime lenses imho. I usually have my 50-200mm zoom, however to shoot eagles, deer, foxes and other wildlife around my area. It works well enough for most shooting needs.

Mostly birds lately.

I had to read this 3 times until I understood that it was photography and not rifle scopes...
Post 20 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
All I shoot is the shit.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
Hoping to shoot this badboy sometime in the near future.

Post 22 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Started out shooting my dad’s .22 revolver decades ago, then a .22 LR. After I joined the military, it was the M15, then the M16…finally the M9. Never owned a firearm until I bought my first house…for home protection. It’s my open carry…a Sig Sauer P220. I have another Sig Sauer sidearm…a P250. Guess that makes me a Sig guy.🙂

These are my ‘had to have’ firearms because I always wanted a lever-action and a 1911 before I got to old to handle them. That beast of a rifle is extremely fun to shoot. 🤣

Martin 1895SBL .45-70 North Country Guide rifle…

This sidearm is rougher to shoot than my Sig .45, but I expected it. I get comments all the time on those rare occasions I open carry with it. I don’t let anyone know else handle it. 🤙

It just occurred to me that the previous 1911 pics made it look bronze colored. It’s OD Green/Black. 🤣🤣

Springfield Armory MC Operator 1911-A1 .45ACP

Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
I shoot ducks, an occasional goose. I just go down to the manure pond, scare up whatever is swimming there, and shoot a couple. Takes about 10 minutes.
My granddads Remington model 10.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
I shoot ducks, an occasional goose. I just go down to the manure pond, scare up whatever is swimming there, and shoot a couple. Takes about 10 minutes.

I remember duck hunting as being a lot more difficult!! LOL
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Carry my trusty nine, 13 rounds in the mag..Taurus G2, small , lightweight, low level kickback, and with hollow points, enough stopping power to level the playing field. Small, easy to conceal and quite a bit of gun for the money.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
My Colt King Cobra .357 with Federal Premium hollow points level 100 stopping power. A blast to shoot but damn the rounds are pricey.

Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog

I remember duck hunting as being a lot more difficult!! LOL

Me too!....stupid dog, we'll see who gets the last laugh!

Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector SupaCor private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrie2tm
Hoping to shoot this badboy sometime in the near future.

(not mine)
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
I developed somewhat of an ammo obsession about 3 years ago and have been stocking up ever since. Here is about 12000 rounds of 9MM loose in cans I have about another 5000 rounds in bulk packs.

Post 30 IP   flag post
601479 335 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?