Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeFor SaleGrading Help NeededRaw Comics For SaleWant to Buy

Doctor Aphra 00115442

Collector R0gu31 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey all,

Has anyone seen a Mint / NM Dr. Aphra 001? Personally I’ve seen, because of the white cover, there’s a lot of cover rub/dark “smudging”. Is this endemic of the Issue or my bad luck?

Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
You’re going to have to be more specific as there have been several Doctor Aphra #1 and most with several variants.

That said, the most of these books have several 9.8s in the census so I would imagine there certainly are NM copies of the book you’re referring to
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector WndrWmn74 private msg quote post Address this user
In general, covers that have a lot of white (and/or a lot of black) are pretty notorious for ink/print rubs.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks, WndrWmn74. dielinfinite, cover A.

Sorry, still new here..how many cbcs 9.8s of this cover are there?

Thanks!
Post 4 IP   flag post
If I am looking at the correct book,again, there are several Doctor Aphra #1 cover A because the series has been relaunched several times, there are only 5 total copies graded. Of those 5, 2 are 9.8 and one is a 9.2, which I believe still falls under NM.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Appreciate the lookup. Thanks,dielinfinite.
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Population report is freely available for any registered user to search
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
@R0gu31
I also have a copy of that issue (Cover 1A), but chose this variant to have graded instead (Cover 1H, the Retailer Exclusive Variant). I’m sure with a cleaning & press it would’ve come back with a 9.6 or 9.8, so I’ll definitely do that when I send issue 1A in (just in case of any imperfections).

It’s like @WndrWmn74 said, black or white covers generally tend to highlight most ink/print rubs but hopefully can be taken care of beforehand with cleaning and pressing if you choose these options. Cheers! 😁👍🏻
Post 8 IP   flag post
601204 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?