Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeFor SaleGrading Help NeededRaw Comics For SaleSignatures

Star Wars: THE HIGH REPUBLIC #715427

Collector hogan36 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

I just received my Star Wars: THE HIGH REPUBLIC #7 Mike Mayhew Studio Sets Signed with COA today. I noticed a lot of white spots/color missing in some spots. I posted two pictures just to show you all the difference. Would this have an effect on the grading? Thank you all!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Ink rub. I see it a lot on new Marvel.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
100% will affect the grade - colour rub.

Not sure what that drops it to but I'd imagine out of 9.0?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector jcbruch private msg quote post Address this user
While looking for a graded Spawn 1 I saw a lot of similar ink rubs and it did not seem to affect the grading since they all received 9.8's. It might affect sale if buyers think it affects presentation and other 9.8s look better. But since this is limited, I guess, then it becomes less of an issue.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thank you for responding, when you spending money we all shoot for the highest grade. I'm not a hard person to please, but when you send your book off & wait 6 months to a year to get it back then you find out your book was a low grade because of that. I will contact the artist and let him know.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector sleeperbat private msg quote post Address this user
it sucks that's for sure. There is always a risk when shipping books to get signed, or even sending them to get graded.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Belarak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogan36
Thank you for responding, when you spending money we all shoot for the highest grade. I'm not a hard person to please, but when you send your book off & wait 6 months to a year to get it back then you find out your book was a low grade because of that. I will contact the artist and let him know.

Did you buy this direct from Mike Mayhew? If so please let us know what he says.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
That SUCKS! When we as collectors buy a premium book at a premium price, we should get a premium product!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Yes I brought them directly from Mike , when he gets back I’ll keep everyone posted .
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
This is highly unusual….usually these are over printed such that they select NM+ or better for signings and slabs.

If this was on the back cover it’s common for color loss rubbing onto the board during transit….especially crappy ink marvel printers use. But the front I haven’t seen very much of except books like Immortal Hulk 1 & 2.

But I’ve seen others post this book w/o this issue…so likely a grade hit.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Drogio Thank you. It has tiny specs on the back as well. It’s not as bad as the front. Here’s a picture. If you are unable to see the specs, please let me know so I can circle them or point them out.

Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
That should not have been shipped to you. Definitely lack of quality control there.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Mike emailed back and said that he would be sending me a replacement copy next week! Thank you all!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Mike emailed back and said that he would be sending me a replacement copy next week! Thank you all!

Thats fantastic. Most artist that sell books on their website are usually very good about fixing any problems you have. Some will even go above and beyond.

I bought the Joker #1 autographed by JonBoy Meyers. I also bought one of his exclusive Snake Eyes Deadgame #1, Virgin edition. I asked him if he would sign the Snake Eyes and he did and didn't charge me for it. I have since bought a few more exclusives from his site. The Snake Eyes didn't come with a COA but I didn't care because I sent it to CBCS Verification.

I like a lot of Mayhew's books but they're all on that crappy paper that Marvel is using. I've been lucky and haven't had any problems with mine. Glad to see he's fixing it for you!!
Post 14 IP   flag post
@Belarak Thanks for the tip. I’m going to give it a shot. If he does, I will post it when I receive it.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Finally received my replacement copy from Mike Mayhew! He sent me a extra copy as well. I sincerely thank him. Thanks Mike!

Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Finally received my replacement copy from Mike Mayhew! He sent me a extra copy as well. I sincerely thank him. Thanks Mike!

Fantastic! Glad it all worked out.

It should never have happened but I'm glad Mike made it right!
Post 17 IP   flag post
@Belarak Thank you to you all as well!
Post 18 IP   flag post
597875 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?