Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

The Suicide Squad - Thoughts? *Spoilers*15399

Collector jokioo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadTitan
As far as DC movies go and agree with the low bar…it wasn’t bad but still no breakthrough movies from DC yet. Here’s hoping for someday.

Unfortunately I think that big breakthrough movies simply aren’t likely during the pandemic. You have to get people into theaters to create hype in addition to making a good movie. The Suicide Squad was marketable as heck, I just think that not enough people are packing theaters to make any kind of breakthrough movie possible rn, people have to remember (politics aside) that many places are still wary about the pandemic especially with the delta variant raging.
Post 26 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
MCU movies are bored, cliched, junk now. Every one of them post Infinity War.

The Suicide Squad was a more entertaining movie than End Game.

MCU = Pro Songwriter Pop Music drivel
Post 27 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokioo
Quote:
As far as DC movies go and agree with the low bar…it wasn’t bad but still no breakthrough movies from DC yet. Here’s hoping for someday.

Unfortunately I think that big breakthrough movies simply aren’t likely during the pandemic. You have to get people into theaters to create hype in addition to making a good movie. The Suicide Squad was marketable as heck, I just think that not enough people are packing theaters to make any kind of breakthrough movie possible rn, people have to remember (politics aside) that many places are still wary about the pandemic especially with the delta variant raging.

Yeah we watched in our home theater. No way we are heading to a theater…
Post 28 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokioo
Quote:

Yeah we watched in our home theater. No way we are heading to a theater…

We saw it at the drive in!!

Post 29 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Now THAT'S awesome, @KatKomics
Post 30 IP   flag post

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't seen the second one, but I didn't mind the first one. I thought the Enchantress dancing around for forever was sort of stupid.

Q: How long does it take to cast that spell?

A: Oh, just long enough to get distracted and have my heart ripped out by a punk-ass psychopath using the oldest trick in the book.
Post 31 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
I saw it on Saturday. Extremely overrated. Not a bad movie, but not even close to the scores that I've seen it receive. I'd give it a 3/5.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm late to this but I really enjoyed it a lot. I did venture out to an early showing (fully masked up and no snacks so didn't have to take it off) and was the only one in the theater but it was a good popcorn flick for me. Viola Davis as Amanda Waller is just EVIL and I love it. But David Dastmalchian As Polka-Dot-Man was the highlight for me. As much as I love Margot Robbie in general, I do feel this was her weakest performance as Harley. My 2 cents.
Post 33 IP   flag post
601224 33 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?