Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSPQuestions

CBCS Signature verification and original certificates15386

Collector RUBYROB private msg quote post Address this user
I'm thinking of doing my first cbcs submission and want to include a signed book. It has 3 signatures and its own certificate of authenticity. (Wizard magazine, remember those??)

My question is, the heck do I do with the certificate? Do I send it in along with the book? Would it get encapsulated with the comic? If not, would it be mailed back?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector radd76 private msg quote post Address this user
You can send in with the book but they say Beckett/CBCS VSP does not use them so really your choice- but verify only in the signature.

They’ve returned any I send in (in a polybag).

They will NOT slab COA certificates.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector monjoody private msg quote post Address this user
What @radd76 said.

The COAs that I have are not sent in. I put them in the bag with the slab upon their return.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
Just throw them COAs into your memory box.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@RUBYROB @comicsforme @monjoody Yes basically the label becomes your “COA” - authentic or verified…

I like to keep my COA’s some of them are pretty cool like the art from the cover many times- and you’d be surprised at how many people “seek” a low number COA OR get mad if you lost the COA.

I actually had a slabbed book I sold and I totally forgot it came with a COA- the guy was like “WHERE IS MY COA!!!”…. Luckily I had them and he wanted a low COA number (I had like #7 of 300 so he was very happy lol.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector monjoody private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by radd76
I like to keep my COA’s some of them are pretty cool like the art from the cover many times- and you’d be surprised at how many people “seek” a low number COA OR get mad if you lost the COA.

I actually had a slabbed book I sold and I totally forgot it came with a COA- the guy was like “WHERE IS MY COA!!!”…. Luckily I had them and he wanted a low COA number (I had like #7 of 300 so he was very happy lol.

Those are the only COAs that I have right now; numbered edition ones.

But even then it becomes suspect. What's to stop someone from sending in 5 copies of an issue with numbered COAs, and then assigning the lowest number to the highest grade?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Yeah it really doesn’t mean a whole lot- but the person would have to have 5 to do that- not just one-

Also that BANANA WOLVERINE (John Tyler Christopher)- actually has the COA as the back cover so it is actually a COA in a slab lol!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
@monjoody @comicsforme @RUBYROB

GENIUS! ☝️ see my previous post there haha
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
I really like that!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
I have a comic signed by 10+ including Stan Lee and Kevin Smith. My question is, can I have VSP done on 2 of the signatures and then have it stabbed or would I have to have them all verified?
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
You don’t have to do all of them but the unverified signatures will affect the grade
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Bobashek @dielinfinite

VSP is $25 first sig then $15 each additional so at least you take full advantage of that price break!- so ($160) for all verified- but if it’s got names like that you’d want to just go all out I would think - love those labels that are packed full lol-

Feel sorry for the guy entering these in trying to fit them on the label haha-
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
And ensuring the names are all spelled correctly. IE. Tom Sniegoski or Jimmy Palmiotti.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector rAd_1 private msg quote post Address this user
Convention programs would be in the same boat, and "Tour Books"...cough Deathmate cough
Post 14 IP   flag post
601333 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?