Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1215379

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
By selling this yesterday:

I was able to buy this:

And won this:

And have money left over to fill other Silver Surfer Volume 1 holes.
Post 201 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonk
I have no particular dog in the value fight, although gocollect makes them look fairly similar. I've got a low grade FF28 and keep a loose eye out for the ToS, but it's always a bit more than I want to pay for.

For early X-Men crossover books, though, I think it's hard to look past X-Men 9.

I have both books and the x men 9 so the value thing doesnt really enter into it for me...I am just looking at the coming MCU potential and the Avengers have had their moment....x men 9 is still the Avengers......fantastic four is the x men and Fantastic four, which is what we will likely get soon, and if that is or happens to be the case, that is a book that will jump hard
Post 202 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 203 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
@Studley_Dudley Are you completing a Marvel Team Up run?

Your last few have been a total blast from the past for me.

I am going for the Team-Up and Two-In-One runs. Early issues in an acceptable condition are going to be the trick. I'll post a WTB list soon. I'm still trying to get organized after being out of town for 3 weeks.
Post 204 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
I hunted down one of these after seeing it mentioned here on the forum. Dated just 11 months after X-men #1...I assume it's their first cross-over?:

I had my eye on a beautiful pence copy of this book a couple months ago, but it sold while I was trying to make up my mind.

@sportshort the power of the pence is strong!
Post 205 IP   flag post

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Hah! New I would get 3* from @Studley_Dudley (For selling the Wolverine 1 with scribble on the cover)
Post 206 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 207 IP   flag post
Collector LostWarrior17 private msg quote post Address this user
Just came in the mail today!
Post 208 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Just came in today, fresh from CGC's re-holder. I will say, it's much better now. No more major movement of the inner well:

Post 209 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 210 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 211 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

Did something we discussed take seed?
Post 212 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
From @Darkseid_of_town

Post 213 IP   flag post
Collector Triplecdad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdoes10

Love the John Carters โ€ฆ underappreciated series but I am a Burroughs fanboy
Post 214 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@Triplecdad "Love the John Carters โ€ฆ underappreciated series but I am a Burroughs fanboy"

Ditto!
Post 215 IP   flag post
Collector kidhuman private msg quote post Address this user

Post 216 IP   flag post
And in the Not new to my collection, I guess I am not getting that old CGC 9.6 Silver Surfer #1 as I was just outbid on ComicLink. Not surprised but disappointed nonetheless.
Post 217 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town pretty much so at my local asked to see what Mister miracles they had and presto a number 6 ๐Ÿ‘
Post 218 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
@Darkseid_of_town pretty much so at my local asked to see what Mister miracles they had and presto a number 6 ๐Ÿ‘
looks like a nice clean copy though, and how can you miss with Funky Flashman and Houseroy? Nevermind Lashina and her friends!
Post 219 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort @Triplecdad Thanks, just lucked into them at my LCS.
Post 220 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
And in the Not new to my collection, I guess I am not getting that old CGC 9.6 Silver Surfer #1 as I was just outbid on ComicLink. Not surprised but disappointed nonetheless.

Dang...

Thatโ€™s the book you pretty much have to have.

Any new prospects on the horizon?
Post 221 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this for my collection. A Press

Bought it on eBay for the ones asking in PMs. Seller took $85.00 offer price with Free Shipping !

Post 222 IP   flag post
Heads up guys.
I am speculating here but since Doctor Strange is going to be killed off, these issues might be the ones to currently get before they jump in price. The Necromancer, first appearance is in issue #46, and #47 is first cover appearance. Maybe he will be the one to take over as Sorcerer Supreme?

Or they may chose to go the female route the way things are going, so the following issue would be a good idea to grab too. (I just picked this one up in Florida at a Used Book Store for cover price.)

Post 223 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth what if doom becomes the sorcerer supreme
Post 224 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Well, hello there, gorgeous:

Post 225 IP   flag post
@Batman66 He should be ! But he is already too powerful IMO.
Post 226 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe a red head as well?

Post 227 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
Just won this for $95 plus tax & shipping. Always liked the dynamism of this cover. You can almost hear the 'Clanggg'!

Post 228 IP   flag post
Got these in the mail today, August 27, 2021

Picked these two up in a Used Book Store in Florida for $3.00 each.

Post 229 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNotSoNice
Just won this for $95 plus tax & shipping. Always liked the dynamism of this cover. You can almost hear the 'Clanggg'!

It is right at 95 in this grade for GPA, but I agree these books are badly under-priced to the current market. Amazing covers, and stories...nice grab
Post 230 IP   flag post
601352 999 30