Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1215379

Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
So much drek from MD. All for the PC so stare on in jealousy.

Post 151 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

mm
Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley That's some nice drek there. I always liked Marvel Team-Up and Marvel 2 in 1.
Post 153 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user

Filling in the cates/stegman run, got these off of a very nice redditor on r/comicswap - was looking to fill in the non keys I need and had expected to pay over cover price for them because in general prices for these issues are ridiculous right now. Ended up with him sending them to me for free(and he even paid for the shipping!).

Just proof that there are some nice people still out there. Venom 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 with 2 variants. Only a few more issues left til the run is complete.

Oh and I have to add, the books are immaculate. Guessing he's the same kinda collector I am and totally OCD about preventing wear on books. šŸ˜‚
Post 154 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Just arrived today in the mail: August 21st, 2021

First Full Appearance of Frank in War Machine Armor

Punisher #10 - Daredevil vs Frank

Punisher #1-5 (1985 Limited Series)

Post 155 IP   flag post

CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth, the story arc of Punisher: War machine was awesome.
Post 156 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
Got these both today. I have absolutely no idea of their value due to condition they are in (pretty rough shape) but I figured they were crazy old so please tell me if I paid way too much, way too little or just right. Bought both for $125 CAD total, so about $100 USD. Also do you think pressing would help these at all or would they be too fragile?

Post 157 IP   flag post

mm
Post 158 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth Do we know how many first prints there were of ENIAC 1?

Have seen estimates of between 1,000 (not possible) and 10,000 (maybe on the high side?)

For the ā€œnot first printsā€ I think it is now a pretty big number judging from ebay listingsā€¦

I read #1 and #2 and it is pretty goodā€¦
Post 159 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Mail call from friday!

2 more off the list

3 to finish a story line...with a CPV to boot

and just some nice covers

Post 160 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
These came in last week courtesy of @Darkseid_of_town.

Post 161 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
And picked these three up this weekend at the LCS.

Post 162 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
@GanaSoth Do we know how many first prints there were of ENIAC 1?

Have seen estimates of between 1,000 (not possible) and 10,000 (maybe on the high side?)

For the ā€œnot first printsā€ I think it is now a pretty big number judging from ebay listingsā€¦

I read #1 and #2 and it is pretty goodā€¦

I do not know the exact numbers on the first prints. It would be cool to know though.
I do have issues #1, #2, #3 on digital and I'm waiting for #4 to come out on digital before I read it.
Post 163 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 164 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversorrow
Got these both today. I have absolutely no idea of their value due to condition they are in (pretty rough shape) but I figured they were crazy old so please tell me if I paid way too much, way too little or just right. Bought both for $125 CAD total, so about $100 USD. Also do you think pressing would help these at all or would they be too fragile?

Can anyone please answer my questions?
Post 165 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Given CBCS skill level, I would say do a press screen and trust if they feel it can't be pressed, they will avoid damaging it, but will press if possible.
Post 166 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Given CBCS skill level, I would say do a press screen and trust if they feel it can't be pressed, they will avoid damaging it, but will press if possible.
Thank you, good idea. Do you think I paid too much for these or a good amount?
Post 167 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Silversorrow - In my opinion, pressing would not improve the grades of those two books. The appearance of the top book could possibly be slightly improved, but there are loose pieces visible in the bag of the lower book, so I would think that pressing would/should be avoided for that copy.
Post 168 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Both Mary Marvel comics look to be in rough shape, but just going by Overstreet's Guide listing for GOOD condition....#7 $40 & #27 $24.
Post 169 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Both Mary Marvel comics look to be in rough shape, but just going by Overstreet's Guide listing for GOOD condition....#7 $40 & #27 $24.
Ah, thank you. It looks like I paid too much.
Post 170 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Silversorrow

In my opinion, given the age of the books I would think breaking even if you grade them and sold them would be easy.

Granted I know nothing of the book and current value.
Post 171 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversorrow
Quote:
Ah, thank you. It looks like I paid too much.

MCS is selling a 0.5 POOR copy of #7 for $69.95 & a 1.5 FAIR/GOOD copy of #27 for $110.00. Here are pics so you can compare condition between your copies and MCS's...

Post 172 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user

Super stoked to add Superman #19 to my collection!Its in rough shape but hopefully a CBCS press can improve this book.
Post 173 IP   flag post

mm
Post 174 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
For some reason everything I ordered over the last 2 weeks all came in today. I got some more stuff in also, just have it in my actual to read pile. Got complete sets of the first 2 volumes of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and a few other FCBD books.

Ordered these cause I like the cover art, I find it interesting.

Pretty much the same reason as above, Bettie Page bondage covers, but I do like the art.

Finally got some of the FCBD stuff in, thanks @xkonk

Joker Puzzlebox Ryan Brown Minimal variant, also got the trade dress.

I was REALLY hoping I could get a 9.8 out of that, but the 9.6 Starlin signed is fine. Now I have to figure out if I'm selling it it keeping it.

My 3rd, and I think last, Casper File Copy. I keep seeing them and keep jumping on them, but I need to stop and move on

Post 175 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvipah
For some reason everything I ordered over the last 2 weeks all came in today.

I actually hate when that happens, feel sorry for my Mail Carrier because some are great and carry them up 3 flights of stairs for me and leave by my door.
Post 176 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I actually hate when that happens, feel sorry for my Mail Carrier because some are great and carry them up 3 flights of stairs for me and leave by my door.

It was actually even worse for the mail guy today. I had, like, 25 pounds of outgoing stuff . Luckily no stairs, but still.
Post 177 IP   flag post
Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user
This is a remarkably difficult book to find overall and even harder to find in decent shape.

Post 178 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 179 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@xvipah I like your Casper book.
Post 180 IP   flag post
600809 999 30