Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1215379

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Stopped at the lcs today for comics from my pull list and also a quick look in the bins.

Nothing special but $9 CAD for a CPV variant is ok yes??

Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Had some raws I won come in today:

I've been wanting a copy of this for a while, so I got lucky to find the foil version.

And a couple of slabs I bought from a new place in my area. He has a pretty good selection. I love these covers:

My first, and only, PGX. I couldn't pass it up at $30 cause I do love the Dr. Seuss ICM cover.

Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@xvipah Nice books!

You’ll want to crop the last pic, Posting PGX books is against forum policy.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Really? huh, ok....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@xvipah Nice books!

You’ll want to crop the last pic, Posting PGX books is against forum policy.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvipah
Had some raws I won come in today:

I've been wanting a copy of this for a while, so I got lucky to find the foil version.

And a couple of slabs I bought from a new place in my area. He has a pretty good selection. I love these covers:

My first, and only, PGX. I couldn't pass it up at $30 cause I do love the Dr. Seuss ICM cover.

That Lois Lane book is a smoker, nice grab!
Post 105 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I trekked into CT this past Sunday because a comic shop there had a big sale to celebrate FCB Day.

These filled in a few ASM holes.

Post 106 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I also found some reader/lower grade copies of some Adventure Comics that I was missing (and probably overpaid for them even with the sale).

I also up-graded this issue:

And ended up buying doubles of two books that I already own better copies of.

Post 107 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
I also found some reader/lower grade copies of some Adventure Comics that I was missing (and probably overpaid for them even with the sale).

I also up-graded this issue:

And ended up buying doubles of two books that I already own better copies of.

love the Super-Pets and the all red X-Men 17!!
Post 108 IP   flag post
Thanks, I think it's about a 7/7.5 or so. Dunno if it's been pressed. I might look in to slabbing it, or not, not sure yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
That Lois Lane book is a smoker, nice grab!
Post 109 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Its a book that is gaining traction, between the bondage cover and it also being a cross-over to Kirbys fourth world trilogy.....I suggest slabbing for sure
Post 110 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Bought a few comics from a guy trying to down size his collection. Fair prices given the condition.

Post 111 IP   flag post
Everyone jumping on those Peacemaker comics. Cena really was amazing in that role.
Post 112 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Stopped at the lcs today for comics from my pull list and also a quick look in the bins.

Nothing special but $9 CAD for a CPV variant is ok yes??

I'd pay that everyday for a Miller run Daredevil issue CPV variant. Bonus for it being a yellow cover. Nice find.
Post 113 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
These Bad Idea books came in and I'll give then a read tonight.

So far I've enjoyed Eniac and Tankers from Bad Idea, but Whalesville was not my cup of tea.

Also got this horror manga by Junji Ito. I'm finding manga storylines being more character driven and exciting than most comics these days. Too much push for a new #1 or fancy cover. Crazy that manga artists who are serialized have to produce 16-20 pages weekly. I respect the effort, but its no wonder quite a few of them get hospitalized for over exerting themselves.

Post 114 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

I found another Fireside book in the blue containers. I went through some of the books. I will show some of them here.
Post 115 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 116 IP   flag post
I will be making pancakes with many of these books.

Post 117 IP   flag post

It is a bummer that this book is a rag. Maybe a 2.0 if lucky.

Post 118 IP   flag post

This is probably the best book in the collection.

He must have liked Spiderman the most. They were in better condition than most other titles.
Post 119 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips or he didn't like spiderman much so read them less, hence the less handling and better condition.

Just joking, nice pick up, you do shows don't you so if that's the case more stock 👍
Post 120 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips thanks for a new executioner comic cover to put on my list!! I like it!!

Post 121 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
@BrianGreensnips or he didn't like spiderman much so read them less, hence the less handling and better condition.

Just joking, nice pick up, you do shows don't you so if that's the case more stock 👍
Yes, this will be some good stock. I already bagged and boarded a short box of drek and have not made a dent yet.
Post 122 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips Nice find buddy! One suggestion, the ASM 201 and 202 I think are keepers. I sold mine off and I wish I hadn't because they don't sell for as much as they should be worth. Cool covers with great colors.
Post 123 IP   flag post
I'm really happy with this pickup. It's restored, but this book is hard to find in decent condition. The number 18 is actually the start of the series, so it should be a number 1. If anyone is just getting into E.C. the Two-Fisted Tales and Frontline Combat series offer some great covers at much lower prices than the horror books.

Post 124 IP   flag post
Who knows, maybe stupid Evil Star will have his day at some point. Midgrades are only $40 or so. Pretty low for a Silver Age 1st appearance of a character still in action today:

Post 125 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

mm
Post 126 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user

I have a soft spot for Fantastic Four and Spiderman comics of this era. It brings back memories of walking up to 7-11 to buy a slurpee and look through the spinner rack for the latest comics.
Post 128 IP   flag post
Just got this in today. My first 1937 Ace Comic. This one is May, so it's not my oldest picture book in general (though it is, in fact, my oldest actual comic book).

Post 129 IP   flag post
Collector LostWarrior17 private msg quote post Address this user
Couldn't resist going to a local comic shop this week and picking some stuff up! I also ordered a TOS 49 online as a replacement for my beat up copy.

Post 130 IP   flag post
598006 999 30