Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1215379

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Here are two more key additions to my ASM collection from a trade with @DweeB1967 (thanks David). The mail is getting seasonally wonky already, as the package took 8 days (instead of 2 or 3) to arrive by Priority Mail. Thanks to a great packaging job, the books/slabs were fine.

Post 976 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Nice to see both of those going to a good home, Ed.
Post 977 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
The Department of Truth is a Bird City comic Exclusive LTD 600

Post 978 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@zdoes10 my first time seeing that magneto cover. It's a great one! I decided to snag 2 at MCS.
Post 979 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Just bought this.

Post 980 IP   flag post

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Cheap Drek $1 books but fun!

Post 981 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

More $1 Drek fun reading
Post 982 IP   flag post
Collector kidhuman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
@kidhuman

So, you’re the guy bidding against me on WCA books!

Love em!

They look great!

I got my #1 signed by Milgrom a couple of years ago. Huge fan of the series.

I just saw this. HAHA Yeah I am trying to piece together a run of them. Good luck in getting yours as well.
Post 983 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
These 3 came to me courtesy of @xjagnew. They had a long layover at the @heinzdad house before making it to me today. Beautiful Swamp Thing covers that I had never seen before. Great colors. Also a signed Bernie Wrightson cover! Thank you @Xjagnew!

Post 984 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Always amazes me looking at Wrightsons signature compared to other artists....guys like Steranko, and Zeck make their signatures look like artwork and place it delicately so as to keep the image clean...then you get Bernie and its like a massive scribble wherever he dropped it ....

Amazing artist though and someone I was glad to have anything signed by. Nice autograph Lebron
Post 985 IP   flag post
I dug deeper in the box and found a full set of The Cult also from @xjagnew via @Heinzdad!

Post 986 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 987 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@obrie2tm that rex the wonder dog looks like a good cover contest entry.
Post 988 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@obrie2tm that rex the wonder dog looks like a good cover contest entry.

Thanks for the heads up! Done
Post 989 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
.guys like Steranko, and Zeck make their signatures look like artwork and place it delicately so as to keep the image clean...then you get Bernie and its like a massive scribble wherever he dropped it ....

I've seen Bernie do both. I think if it was a store signing and the put a stack of books in front of him he just went at it. But I've also seen well placed signatures. Not just well placed, but different and more distinctive. I can't find an Image of my Swamp Thing 7 right now, but it's nicely done.
Post 990 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
makes sense, so far the ones I have seem by him looked a hot mess, including my own and no offense.
Post 991 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Is this similar Lebron?
Post 992 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Is this similar Lebron?

Yeah, I couldn't find my copy. But that's a nicely placed signature.
Post 993 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Is this similar Lebron?

Yeah, I couldn't find my copy. But that's a nicely placed signature.
I won’t lie, it’s the most aesthetically appealing sig of his I have when I looked thru them. Darsied’s view isn’t entirely incorrect. I will say I don’t feel like the Steranko placement on that X-men is great example though. I have Wrightson plastered on the title.
Post 994 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@obrie2tm - Nice looking Legion books!
Post 995 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@zdoes10 my first time seeing that magneto cover. It's a great one! I decided to snag 2 at MCS.

Sorry, just got back online and saw this.

Got it out of a Boxed Heroes Mystery Box.

I had just picked the Hawkeye from the LCS the same day.
Post 996 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
I am a Conan nut ever since reading the Howard stories in the 1960’s. Picked up about 50 Savage Swords in high grade. Paid $3 each since I bought so many. (how long will they be $5? Forever?) the Eerie and he threw in the Strange Adventures. Now I have about 1-60 in high grade and a variety of the higher numbers covers and stories that I like. Pure reading enjoyment!

Post 997 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
It happened on a Saturday afternoon..

Post 998 IP   flag post
Odds and Ends pick up.

Post 999 IP   flag post
597965 999 24