Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1215379

I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastsk8
@Nuffsaid111 I have to ask how much they were charging for it because I like being jealous lol. Missed one recently on reddit that was secret wars 8, asm 300 and spectacular 90 for 250 bucks - all were around 7.0-8.0 😭

Ummmmmmmmmmmm .... I'm guessing the owner felt used comics should be sold at the same price as used softcover and hardcover books? Let's just leave it at that
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Quote:
@Nuffsaid111 I have to ask how much they were charging for it because I like being jealous lol. Missed one recently on reddit that was secret wars 8, asm 300 and spectacular 90 for 250 bucks - all were around 7.0-8.0 😭

Ummmmmmmmmmmm .... I'm guessing the owner felt used comics should be sold at the same price as used softcover and hardcover books? Let's just leave it at that

Ok, I'm going to go cry now lmao. I still kick myself for not picking one up in 2019 when they were like 200-250 for a nice raw.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ok, I'm going to go cry now lmao. I still kick myself for not picking one up in 2019 when they were like 200-250 for a nice raw.

I purchased 2 NM copies in 1988 from an LCS for $1.50 each.
Held onto both for years and years.
Regrettably sold 1 NM copy for $250 about 5 or 6 years ago.
And sent this one into CBCS last year I think it was.

Post 78 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I purchased 2 NM copies in 1988 from an LCS for $1.50 each.
Held onto both for years and years.
Regrettably sold 1 NM copy for $250 about 5 or 6 years ago.
And sent this one into CBCS last year I think it was.

I have yet to grab one, my goals this year were lethal protector 1 gold foil which I did get, and an asm 300. Hoping I can get lucky at one of the cons I have coming up and find one for a reasonable price or trade. If the stray dogs 1 copy I got grades for at least 9.8 that'll help me a good bit lol
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

What's in the boxes?
Post 80 IP   flag post

Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips

What's in the boxes?

A body?
Post 81 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips Schrodinger's cat
Post 82 IP   flag post

I got these from a good friend and gave him a fair amount for them as his mom was getting on his case about them being in her house for many years. I will have photos of the good stuff maybe by tomorrow. There is mostly all comic books under the paperback and trades. There is at least 3 of the Marvel Fireside books and some key books. Some keys are Xmen 120, ASM 194, Marvel Premier 47 (1st Scott Lang Antman.)
Post 83 IP   flag post

Here are some Fireside books that were in there.
Post 84 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips I have that exact same box of magic books. Got it when I was a kid.
Post 85 IP   flag post
@BrianGreenships Those Fireside books are the bomb! So undervalued and underappreciated imo. I guess it's cos they can't be "graded". I dunno.

The one, for me, that I just don't get is still so cheap is the Silver Surfer Fireside book by Lee, Kirby, and Sinnott. It is an original story. Original. And yet it lingers, lingers, lingers for sale. And I buy buy buy when I see one in really nice condition.

I'm not even sure it's ever been reprinted? If it has, it's not hitting the noggin
Post 86 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips Fun!

I have 3 of those Amazing Spider-Man Pocket Books...

Post 87 IP   flag post
Collector KYDU private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
@BrianGreensnips Fun!

First time I read those Ditko Spider-Man when I was a little kid. Those pocketbooks were magic to me then. I have 2 and 3 almost brand new, just have to upgrade 1!
Post 88 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYDU
Quote:
@BrianGreensnips Fun!

First time I read those Ditko Spider-Man when I was a little kid. Those pocketbooks were magic to me then. I have 2 and 3 almost brand new, just have to upgrade 1!

So odd, I was just looking at this eBay listing earlier for #1, it may interest you as it is listed as 9.0...
clickable text
Also, the seller has 5 of these available at only $14 each.
Post 89 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
I loved those pocket books as a kid, had all 3 ASM & #1 of FF, Hulk & Captain America. I don't think I had the Dr. Strange one. I had thought of recollecting these because they have sentimental value, maybe someday.
Post 90 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
These are the others I have...

Post 91 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
That first Spider-Man pocket book was the first time I ever read a comic book! Got it on a family vacation when I was like 5 or 6 years old. Been hooked ever since.

Post 92 IP   flag post
Collector kidhuman private msg quote post Address this user

got these back today.
Post 93 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
The superman 30 has a severe spine roll and hoping the fact its staples seem secure and paper is supple means some magic can be worked… had a bunch more Hot Wheels delivered too… and always looking for more ;-)

Post 94 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Latest issue of Copra arrived last week.

Post 95 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
4 qty 9.6 LAST RONIN ASHCAN
2 qty 9.8 LAST RONIN ASHCAN

Took nearly 8 months for just grading. No pressing.

Post 96 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing overly special here but landing books locally anymore makes them feel “special”.

Post 97 IP   flag post

New additions for the venom collection. Tempted to just go for the entire series slabbed.
Post 98 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad Agree. I have so much garbage drek to post from my MD trip. I'll gladly buy from any of the local shops I frequent.
Post 99 IP   flag post
Collector KYDU private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYDU
Quote:
@BrianGreensnips Fun!

So odd, I was just looking at this eBay listing earlier for #1, it may interest you as it is listed as 9.0...
clickable text
Also, the seller has 5 of these available at only $14 each.

Thanks so much for pointing that out to me. Yes the grade is great and I would get it but the $25 plus more charges from eBay global shipping to Canada kills the sale for me. I’ll find another one.

I also have the FF which is one of my favourite Gil Kane covers because of this childhood book. Also the Hulk 1, you can read the whole original run.

Anyone who’s thinking of getting these don’t wait they are still so cheap for being over 40 years old.
Post 100 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Stopped at the lcs today for comics from my pull list and also a quick look in the bins.

Nothing special but $9 CAD for a CPV variant is ok yes??

Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Had some raws I won come in today:

I've been wanting a copy of this for a while, so I got lucky to find the foil version.

And a couple of slabs I bought from a new place in my area. He has a pretty good selection. I love these covers:

My first, and only, PGX. I couldn't pass it up at $30 cause I do love the Dr. Seuss ICM cover.

Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@xvipah Nice books!

You’ll want to crop the last pic, Posting PGX books is against forum policy.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Really? huh, ok....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@xvipah Nice books!

You’ll want to crop the last pic, Posting PGX books is against forum policy.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvipah
Had some raws I won come in today:

I've been wanting a copy of this for a while, so I got lucky to find the foil version.

And a couple of slabs I bought from a new place in my area. He has a pretty good selection. I love these covers:

My first, and only, PGX. I couldn't pass it up at $30 cause I do love the Dr. Seuss ICM cover.

That Lois Lane book is a smoker, nice grab!
Post 105 IP   flag post
601274 999 30