Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1215379

To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
@zdoes10 love the Lady Death books

You need one of these (if you don't already have it)

Post 851 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
@zdoes10 love the Lady Death books

You need one of these (if you don't already have it)

@MutantMania Thanks, I try to pick up the 666 books when I come across them.
Post 852 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these in from @Darkseid_of_town, great to do business with and I would say better than fair prices. I bought these to fill some holes in my collection. Books look great!

Post 853 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
Finally.

Post 854 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
The one on the left is new. They go on the wall together in frames.

Post 855 IP   flag post

I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Got this as a birthday gift. Low grade but been on my want list for a while.

Post 856 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

picked this beauty up today. Off to the presser, then to have it graded
Post 857 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 That is a fine looking specimen!
Post 858 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 Very nice. I'm jealous.
Post 859 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
I picked up all of these over the last few weeks. First Groo, second Groo and first Grim Jack.

Post 860 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia @Lonestar thanks guys, very happy to have it. It would be nice if my ff1&5 were in the same condition
Post 861 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 862 IP   flag post
Picked up this cheapie at a swap meet today, slim pickin’s. We had fun though.

Post 863 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort what swap meet do you go to? The wife and I are looking for a good one.
One with lots of used garage sale type of stuff.
Post 864 IP   flag post
@MutantMania, Today's was in Long beach

https://www.longbeachantiquemarket.com/

but the best one I've been to is the Rose bowl swap meet, it is huuuuuge and I've bought several comics from there but things are very different now. Both swap meets are only once a month (same owners) and they're both large. this one is coming up Dec 13th
https://www.rgcshows.com/rose-bowl/

Garage sale type stuff is to be had at the Rubidoux drive in weekly swap meet. I only went there once but for me it was too garagee sale type stuff (used tools and stuff)

another one that is not top tier and not as garagee like, is the Bel Air swap meet in Rialto, been to it a few times and it's pretty cool.

http://www.belairswapmeet.org/

So for my money The Rose Bowl swap meet in Pasadena is the best (before the pandemic comics were to be found, don't know about now).
Post 865 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these up on my anniversary trips this weekend. The power rangers comic is definitely unlocking some nostalgia feels.

Post 866 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 867 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up some books for my Daredevil 1-100 run plus an extra.

Post 868 IP   flag post
Picked these up on the cheap from a comiclink auction. I was shocked when I found out I won them.

Post 869 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Lost Valley Copy - Shiera Saunders becomes Hawkgirl

First Appearance of Medusa
Post 870 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Lcs bargain bundle!

1st DC Todd McFarlane work...a pin up in issue #13

Post 871 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Vastly under-rated run of comics, find where Mcfarane drew Solomon Grundy, and you will see what his inspiration was for his take on the Hulk....great catch! Love this title, and read it end to end and still have it
Post 872 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town think I only need 20 or so to complete the run

kind of sad - $1.50 cover price in 1984 and I picked them up for just under $2.00 37 yrs later!! - looking forward to reading these issues!
Post 873 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user

Post 874 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
@Darkseid_of_town think I only need 20 or so to complete the run

kind of sad - $1.50 cover price in 1984 and I picked them up for just under $2.00 37 yrs later!! - looking forward to reading these issues!
Most people overlook the series, it is quite a read...I suggest getting them all, and the annuals. Alot of Mcfarlane art and it runs quite deep into the run. Many original character intros and some superb storylines...do not miss Wonder womans nude scenes in issue 5 lol.
Post 875 IP   flag post
Collector El_Dub13 private msg quote post Address this user
Fresh from CGC. Purchased from Coffin Comics in the end of March and had them sent directly to CGC. Signed by Brian Pulido and cover artist David Harrigan.

Post 876 IP   flag post
Collector El_Dub13 private msg quote post Address this user
Phantom Starkiller 4th print glow in the dark

Invincible Red Sonja 5 1:30 Carla Cohen virgin variant

Turbo Kid: Apple’s Lost Adventure 1 signed variant (signed by the writers and artist, who are also the writers/directors and story board artist of the Turbo Kid movie)

Post 877 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user

I normally buy these older Superman comics based upon the silliness of the covers, although this may qualify...it is the Curt Swan interior panel/page that I love the most! How cool is this elevator page? It doesn't get any better than this!

Also, not my actual SCAN of the elevator page, grabbed it from another site.
Post 878 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
This arrived in today’s mail thanks to a deal I made with @stanley_1883 (thanks Greg). I now only need 6 issues to complete an ASM run from #165 to #370.

Post 879 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
A magazine I have been wanting for awhile, came with the original mailer for no good reason, but that is a little cool.
Kind of reminds me of “I Dream of Jeanie” and Major Nelson’s first wish. “Can I see your belly button?”

Post 880 IP   flag post
600657 999 30