Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1215379

Collector kidhuman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
More Drek

I love this book. I was always a fam of Marvel Team Ups.
Post 626 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@kidhuman I haven't read this book yet, part of my marvel picture frame collection 👍
Post 627 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
But now I can finally stop buying ASM Annual #15 as this copy satisfies (if only it didn't have that fugly diamond price box ).

Don’t quit now; You need the the no Diamond Newstand!

I have a few including one in a 9.6, but you're probably right- If I find a Universal 9.8 NS at a price I can live with, the idiot in me will likely get it, and I hate barcodes LOL. Just not as much as the diamond.

Forgot to post these (unless I forgot I posted them ).

Post 628 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Really great sleeper book that can be had in high grade for less than $100. First appearance of Bumblebee
Post 629 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user

I've been paying on this stack for a bit and finally got it, I love these foreign editions and that ASM #5 from Israel is my new favorite so far!
Post 630 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 631 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte

Oooooooohhhhh man..... 🤤
Post 632 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Few more modern variants today, nothing super special, but I am a fan of all 3 of these artists.

Post 633 IP   flag post
Collector IraK private msg quote post Address this user

Post 634 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Some modern variants today:

Post 635 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
LCS received a Star Wars collection...brought these home and set aside a few others to bring home in the following weeks...now only 27 books for complete run!!

Post 636 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Received my batch of books back from CBCS. Already shipped the majority of it off to MCS but these two are for the PC. Thrilled about the Batman 235, a bit surprised the 635 was not 9.4 or better, but it's all good.

Post 637 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
I've officially caught this foreign editions bug and the outlook for recovery isn't good! I did a big trade and just got these plus a few more coming.

Post 638 IP   flag post
Collector Danno private msg quote post Address this user
Box of raws that arrived today. Mostly new books that I missed at the time they came out or weren't at the LCS's in my area, along with a couple of Captain Marvel variant back issues.

Post 639 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Only deal I found at NYCC 2021. Alpha Flight 1 Newsstand signed by Bryne. Vendor took $5 off.

Post 640 IP   flag post
Collector Vrishnak private msg quote post Address this user
Apologies for the glare, still trying to find the right angle to get the best photo.

Post 641 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user

I finally got a copy of this book! It needs a press and clean though.
Post 642 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
A few books I picked up at Frank & Sons Lcs.

I’ve been looking for an inexpensive Nick Fury #1, but have had no luck.
So I bought this low grader so I can at least read it.

These I just picked up because I’m filling in some holes with cheapies.

Post 643 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I picked up the 3 Moon Knight #1's last week at the show I set up at. A guy brought 10 nice copies up to me. We worked out a deal and I took the 2 nicest copies and one that had some printing marks on it. The streaks cleaned up with a dry cleaning. I plan to send 2 of the MK1 out for grading. I feel they are 9.8 candidates. The 3rd one I will keep raw. It has a soft top right corner. Maybe a 9.4 to 9.6 candidate. The ASM 41 and NTT #2 were purchased by my son with my assistance. We passed on an ASM #20 that was missing a page. It was great to have him there next to me to see how important it is to look the books over closely. He was like" I only counted 7 pages to the staple". I think we checked it 3 times. The guy wanted $500 for it. Next thing you know he brings the price down to $350. We said "Nope" This will be my son's 2nd copy of ASM 41.

Post 644 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
I picked up the 3 Moon Knight #1's last week at the show I set up at. A guy brought 10 nice copies up to me. We worked out a deal and I took the 2 nicest copies and one that had some printing marks on it. The streaks clean up with a dry cleaning. I plan to send 2 of the MK1 out for grading. I feel they are 9.8 candidates. The 3rd one I will keep raw. It has a soft top right corner. Maybe a 9.4 to 9.6 candidate. The ASM 41 and NTT #2 were purchased by my son with my assistance. We passed on an ASM #20 that was missing a page. It was great to have him there next to me to see how important it is to look the books over closely. He was like" I only counted 7 pages to the staple". I think we checked it 3 time. The guy wanted $500 for it. Next thing you know he brings the price down to $350. We said "Nope" This will be my son's 2nd copy if ASM 41.

Vendors were trying to sell those Moon Knight 1 raw for upwards of 280. Crazy I know. 3yrs ago I picked up a direct and newsstand for $35
Post 645 IP   flag post
Collector LostWarrior17 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these up today at a small local show. The Journey Into Mystery 108, Thor 226, and Iron Man 225 are upgrades. The Marvel Spotlight 29, Marvel Super-Heroes 17, and Fantasy Masterpieces 1 are new to my personal collection. Got an awesome deal on the Thor 226 and Fantasy Masterpieces 1!
Post 646 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 647 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
Only deal I found at NYCC 2021. Alpha Flight 1 Newsstand signed by Bryne. Vendor took $5 off.

That's a nicely placed John Byrne signature.
Post 648 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I kept looking for a 9.6, but this 9.8 popped up on MCS for almost the same price as they were asking for the 9.6s.

Post 649 IP   flag post
Collector kidhuman private msg quote post Address this user

Post 650 IP   flag post
Maybe they just like me better. Nah, that's not it. BPaxson002 private msg quote post Address this user

Just got this today. Getting it processed and will be thinking of sending it in to have encapsulated, Should I ever get my first order back.
Post 651 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
@Hcanes I literally was holding this exact book in my two hands!!!! (Alpha Flight 1 signed by Byrne). I remember the guy selling. I had spent a bit much already so I said "great book, it will sell" to the seller; and here I am staring at the book again.

Great job!!!! I agree - a steal and half.
Post 652 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Couple more GA books today.

Post 653 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 654 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
Pickups from Wizard World Chicago.

Post 655 IP   flag post
601460 999 30