Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1215379

Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
This popped up and into my collection. I still have a raw copy. I'm undecided on whether to sell it as is (9.4) or to get it graded and see what it comes back as.

Really nice copy! One of those comics I bought off the newsstand as a kid & I was a huge Six Million Dollar Man fan!
Post 576 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66

Nice group of Key Thor books
Post 577 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte

Congratulations on the X-Men #1 !
Post 578 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
This popped up and into my collection. I still have a raw copy. I'm undecided on whether to sell it as is (9.4) or to get it graded and see what it comes back as.

Really nice copy! One of those comics I bought off the newsstand as a kid & I was a huge Six Million Dollar Man fan!

Yeah I was a fan as a kid with this show.

Didn't realize there was a book until ed told me and I bought his copy off him a couple years ago 👍
Post 579 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user

Low grade dreck.
Post 580 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944

Thank you
Post 581 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 582 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 583 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Rags from the last week or two.

Post 584 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
@Batman66

Nice group of Key Thor books
thanks John. I picked up the 165 locally. I'm speculating on warlock. I bought some books off a guy on Facebook and he pretty much prices out his books for 25 each. He did charge 50 for the 126 and 134, but I think it was still a steal.
Post 585 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjagnew

Low grade dreck.

IMO "low grade dreck" works on comics of a certain age and this comic also presents very well. Now if you showed me GS X-Men #1 or Hulk #181 in this condition I would not be impressed.
Post 586 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up some cool Drek today.
2 more books for my marvel picture frame collection and a couple of romance books.
Bought from cloud 9
Nothing expensive, all books about $46 all in.

Post 587 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 588 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Couple of eBay wins. B&B will stay with me, regardless. Wanted to check out the October Faction series, see if it was any good.

Post 589 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

picked this book up from board member @jokioo. Great to do business with and shipping was great too.
Post 590 IP   flag post
Collector IraK private msg quote post Address this user

Post 591 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
A childhood favorite. It might be the first Avengers book I acquired.

Post 592 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user

Post 593 IP   flag post
Only picked up one book at Excalibur comics

Never read one before and for $5 thought why not.

Biggest score

They are golden age
I always buy silver age.

But first time I've seen archives sold in a comic shop in two years so pulled the trigger instantly 👍

Walk back to the hotel and stumbled on a antique store.

All three Drek for $5

Today checked out Monkey comics

Marvel picture frame for $20, why not.

scores so far in Portland 👍
Post 594 IP   flag post
Collector El_Dub13 private msg quote post Address this user

I ordered this on April 9 from Coffin Comics and had it sent directly to CGC. My March 26 order (2 books, double signed)is still at CGC. Weird.
Post 595 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
CGC is inconsistent in regards to what they decide to grade. I have one large pre-screen order they manually divided into 3 orders and have staggered which to grade.

My brother said they prolly did it that way to allow everyone a turn rather than have a few heavy submitters overwhelm the system.
Post 596 IP   flag post
Collector kidhuman private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these up yesterday from the LCS, Some one brought in A WCA and Avengers collection. He is currently looking though it to get some other prices and all. He is gonna hold a WCA 45 for me as well.

Post 597 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Dub13

I ordered this on April 9 from Coffin Comics and had it sent directly to CGC. My March 26 order (2 books, double signed)is still at CGC. Weird.

I'm still trying to figure out how the reholder submission I sent to CBCS in July hasn't been opened yet/marked received, but the reholder submission I sent at the end of August got back to me week. Trust the process I guess...
Post 598 IP   flag post
A few Golden Age in today. I'm making some good progress on the Ace Comics. I have no real set goal in collecting, but I keep finding more at good prices:

Always room for Strange Adventures!

Post 599 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user

Post 600 IP   flag post
@xvipah nice pickup on the ace comics.

I bought my first one a few days ago and just read it.
Has to be one of the most politically incorrect comic books I've ever read in my life. Just crazy, so much I'll be keeping a eye out for any cheap copies I find.
Post 601 IP   flag post
Collector El_Dub13 private msg quote post Address this user
Got these today. Ordered them from Joseph Schmalke's Etsy shop. All glow in the dark covers.

This one is slightly smaller size than a comic. Kind of like a mini graphic novel.

Post 602 IP   flag post
@southerncross Yea, they're amazing books. I think I have in the area of 15 or so now. Further back down the line are the first appearances (in comic books) of Blondie and Prince Valiant. I'm guessing those won't be that cheap. But the rest are usually fairly reasonable in a low to mid grade.
Post 603 IP   flag post
Collector kidhuman private msg quote post Address this user
Mail call from MCS. I need 18 more issues to complete this run. So giddy for it.

Post 604 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 605 IP   flag post
601454 999 30