Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1215379

Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
Recent addition. Nice representation of cold war paranoia. You know, if we'd have had an Atomic War I bet this would have gone up, but I am glad we didn't anyway. Should I slab it? At least a 4.5 I think.

Post 551 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
Picked this one up cheap. Thinking about slabbing it. Probably a 3.0 or so. Looks better in-person and some defects like the black pen mark on 'OUTER SPACE!' are on the bag not the book. Should I do it? Is it worth slabbing? I do like these early Marvel monster books. Opinions please.

Post 552 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
I had bought an 8.0 of Jimmy Olsen 133 after this thread revealed it to be the first appearance of Intergang and Morgan Edge

Here's mine. Some guy wrote his name on the cover.

Post 553 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
@MrNotSoNice Better than someone drawing a hairy cockroach.
Post 554 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@MrNotSoNice I wouldn't bother slabbing the pre hero monster book.

I think those books in that grade sell the same as graded ones
And there are collectors like myself who buy these books raw to read.

Unless you pick up a key like first Fin Fang Foom or the book would hit a grade around a 7- plus I wouldn't.

I did get one graded at a 6.0 but I got the grading for free otherwise I'd probably grade something else more valuable.
Post 555 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
I wouldn't bother slabbing the pre hero monster book. Unless you pick up a key like first Fin Fang Foom or the book would hit a grade around a 7- plus I wouldn't. I'd probably grade something else more valuable.

Cool. Makes sense. Thanks for the advice.
Post 556 IP   flag post
Collector kidhuman private msg quote post Address this user
From yesterday, new comics:

Post 557 IP   flag post
Collector peterc777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidhuman

That Peach cover reminds me of this:

Post 558 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 559 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterc777
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidhuman

That Peach cover reminds me of this:

Now I cant unsee it.
Post 560 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this tonight. This should also be part of the thread about books you saw on a thread and were influenced to purchase (man did I paraphrase).

Awesome cover, had to have it.

Post 561 IP   flag post
Collector Comicbookzach private msg quote post Address this user

Post 562 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

a few pickups, Facebook buy, Instagram auction, a few from a guy I've been buying from. I was shocked to see how much the prices have increased on the Thor 165 and the Shazam. I don't know why I keep getting the same books, it's my 5th ff18, 4th Thor 165, 3rd Shazam, Thor 134, and doubles in the rest except for the cerebus 2. I think I need intervention,lol
Post 563 IP   flag post
So I bought my first autographed book the other day and it just came in. ASM 201, Bob McLeod. And the book is in pretty decent shape as well. A press and cleaning will make it look better.

Post 564 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

this guy did not want to load, clean copy anyway
Post 565 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 congrats.

I've yet to see one Shazam in the wild.

Batman 189s not a problem, no Shazam's.
Post 566 IP   flag post
@southerncross One of the Shazam 28 is a mark jewelers insert. I have yet to see another, not even on gpa sales
Post 567 IP   flag post
@Batman66 that's even better.👍

I see tons of issue 1s and 2s no 28s though
Post 568 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Finally joined the club....

Post 569 IP   flag post
Collector LostWarrior17 private msg quote post Address this user
Just came in from MCS! I've been really busy lately and haven't had a lot of time but after weeks of checking multiple websites every few days I finally found this issue for a decent price on MCS.
Post 570 IP   flag post
@Bronte congrats on that pickup
Post 571 IP   flag post
@Batman66

Thank you =)
Post 572 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
This popped up and into my collection. I still have a raw copy. I'm undecided on whether to sell it as is (9.4) or to get it graded and see what it comes back as.

Post 573 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
I saw this variant somewhere and I couldn't resist grabbing it.

Post 574 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 575 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
This popped up and into my collection. I still have a raw copy. I'm undecided on whether to sell it as is (9.4) or to get it graded and see what it comes back as.

Really nice copy! One of those comics I bought off the newsstand as a kid & I was a huge Six Million Dollar Man fan!
Post 576 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66

Nice group of Key Thor books
Post 577 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte

Congratulations on the X-Men #1 !
Post 578 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

Really nice copy! One of those comics I bought off the newsstand as a kid & I was a huge Six Million Dollar Man fan!

Yeah I was a fan as a kid with this show.

Didn't realize there was a book until ed told me and I bought his copy off him a couple years ago 👍
Post 579 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user

Low grade dreck.
Post 580 IP   flag post
600881 999 30