Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1215379

I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
He kinda looked like Dee Snyder

Well - We're Not Going to Take It! No! We're Not Going to Take it!
Post 476 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 477 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I guess I’m glad I have a Doorway #1. @esaravo will get ya with sweet covers. I still have to land that Spider Woman negative space.
Post 478 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@obrie2tm that's a nice looking book
Post 479 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders thanks! I have a raw somewhere as well, but was inspired by the great copy you posted to acquire one for my JLD collection while they are still reasonably priced.
Post 480 IP   flag post

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I just can't buy a DC book. I just can't. I can't bring myself to do it.
Post 481 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

@HeinzDad Damn... That Dead of Night #1 front cover looked Beautiful too.... Then the rear, rears its ugly head.... Literally...
Post 482 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
alot of that can be solved quite easily
Post 483 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
seem to be having trouble posting images
Post 484 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Just picked up 4 books today, nothing special.

Post 485 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I ventured into a populated area today. Go me.

This is a casualty of the negative space contest and was right inside the door of the venue. 9.6 is bs, 3 non color breaking ticks and three reader dents don't qualify. This will be re done in cbcs for sure. Hitting the same grade would be the ultimate goal. I just know it can look better.

Lesson of the day: if a vendor won't open the book so you can look at the back, walk. I trusted him because I was so jazzed. my awesome pickup of the day went south.

By the way, if said vendor is wearing sunglasses indoors its because they don't want to make eye contact.
Hey Brian,
I think I bought a book from that guy at the last Livonia show. It was an ASM #69 with a great Kingpin cover. He did not want to take it out of the Mylar. I got lucky on mine being I spent $55. on it. That guy sets up frequently. I would take the book with you to your next shows in case you see him again. I would want my money back. Hopefully you did not spend too much on it. With the ASM 69 I offered him less money due to the fact that he did not want to take the book out. I think he had $65 on it and I offered him $50. He came back at $55 and bought it. After seeing your book, I will not do that again especially on a book over $50. Did he happen to have a bandana on his head too? A thinner, tall guy about 60 yrs old?
Post 486 IP   flag post
That would be him.
Post 487 IP   flag post
Quote:
That would be him.

Keep that book handy, you will see him again. I also saw him at the Monroe show on Saturday.
Post 488 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Quote:
That would be him.

Keep that book handy, you will see him again. I also saw him at the Monroe show on Saturday.
I got the whole, “someone is coming back to buy that”. Guy said he didn’t take any payment so I could buy it. Basically I sniped someone if that was true. I look at as I deserved what I got and karma is a bitch.
Post 489 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That would be him.

I got the whole, “someone is coming back to buy that”. Guy said he didn’t take any payment so I could buy it. Basically I sniped someone if that was true. I look at as I deserved what I got and karma is a bitch.

Or, he was making it up to pressure you to buy it.
Post 490 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah any book in a mylar I'll ask the dealer would they mind taking the book out for me so I can look at it.
Then I'll get them to put the book back in.
If they refuse I decline the book immediately and move onto the next booth.

Exception is the bulk seller with broken boxes that's selling books from the 60s to 80s in old bags with no backing boards for $2-$7 each.
I usually walk away with a stack and you have to be unlucky to have problems with them. And the books are so cheap you're walking a way with wins.
Post 491 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
The moon knight 1 I bought was bagged and boarded and honestly with the price it was tagged at(and he even gave me more of a discount) I didn't even think to check the back since I could see the spine well. Thinking back I should have taken it out of the bag to see the back cover for sure, which he would have been fine with him sure. Luckily the back cover looked even better than the front so no problems there lol
Post 492 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

mm
Post 493 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That would be him.

I think he made it up. I also like to be transparent when I sell too. For example, I have a beautiful Godzilla #1 that looks like a 9.8 candidate. However there is a black marker mark about 2" long along the very back bottom of the book. So I have it noted on the back of the backing board. This way they can see why I am trying to sell it so cheap.
I guess we can say that this is a good reason why books are graded and slabbed. Peace of mind is a good thing.
Post 494 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 495 IP   flag post
Collector Comicbookzach private msg quote post Address this user

These came in today! Got them for super cheap, less than $4 each!
Post 496 IP   flag post
Collector KeepItClunky private msg quote post Address this user
Not new, but newly slabbed. Bought all these at time of release, part of a recent prescreen I did

Post 497 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
The last month of books ordered from MCS arrived today.

Post 498 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 499 IP   flag post
Collector Comicbookzach private msg quote post Address this user
Got this off feebay for a steal

Post 500 IP   flag post
Collector rgreenson private msg quote post Address this user
A few new additions for the personal collection.

Post 501 IP   flag post
Collector El_Dub13 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte

Nice! I wanted to get one of those but I missed out on it.
Post 502 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

mm
Post 503 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Quote:
Quote:
Added to yesterday’s purchase. There’s got to be something good in there . . .

Nothing major, but here are highlights from the first two boxes. 10 more to go.

Box 3 had a Superman 204 Newsstand edition.

So, I’m almost finished sorting these and I have two nice stacks of fun reading, personal collection pulls & books to be sold individually.

Here are some from the potentially fun reading section.

Here’s a sample

And he’s bringing more stuff in a few hours!

Running out of space, here 😆.

He says this next batch has lots of 90’s Batman & Spider-Man books he’s decided at the last minute he can’t bring with him. Sounds promising.
Post 504 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
Just purchased this beauty from forum-member @Donnied. Love the F-86 and I collect negative racial stereotypes. Over 70 years old! Great deal, perfect packaging, would recommend!

Post 505 IP   flag post
600864 999 30