Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1215379

Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 Very nice haul. If I could give that post more than 3 likes, I would.
Post 451 IP   flag post
Here are some purchases from over the past few weeks, including some from yesterday at FanExpo Dallas. A few "might" have made their way into the submission I dropped off at the CBCS booth for pressing and grading. I will now try to wait patiently for the next 6-8 months until I get them back.

Post 452 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
@Lonestar Nice! I wasn’t able to make the show. Glad it was a success!
Post 453 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar
Here are some purchases from over the past few weeks, including some from yesterday at FanExpo Dallas. A few "might" have made their way into the submission I dropped off at the CBCS booth for pressing and grading. I will now try to wait patiently for the next 6-8 months until I get them back.

I always wanted to pick up a copy of this book, but just never seemed to get around to it. As a high grade collector it likely out of my price range now.

Thanks for the "Likes" om the Punisher Set!
Post 454 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:

I always wanted to pick up a copy of this book, but just never seemed to get around to it. As a high grade collector it likely out of my price range now.

It's still cheaper then a Sub-mariner 1
Post 455 IP   flag post

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
Quote:
Quote:

stocking up on a few of them, still a very undervalued book
Post 456 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

stocking up on a few of them, still a very undervalued book

I use to have a few myself.
Had them for decades and they never went up in price so a sold them years ago.

Did keep 9.4 of each one though 👍
Post 457 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross good move, great grades. Congrats
Post 458 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
@Lonestar Nice! I wasn’t able to make the show. Glad it was a success!
@CatCovers
Thanks. Hopefully you'll make it next year. My schedule only allowed me to go on Saturday. Hopefully I'll be able to do the entire weekend next year.
Post 459 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 460 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Added to yesterday’s purchase. There’s got to be something good in there . . .

Nothing major, but here are highlights from the first two boxes. 10 more to go.

Post 461 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Got this tonight! I blame @esaravo for using it in last week's cover contest.

Yeah, i have a raw copy waiting. Such a cool book. Pick up a Madame #1 if you have a chance. That cover is equally as cool, wraparound.

I rarely disagree with @esaravo, and his suggestions led me to one of my favorite purchases...Golden Record Reprints of Avengers 4, FF 1 and JIM 83. But I'm trying to figure out what makes this cover special. What am I missing, why do people like it so much?
I cant really speak to the cover art or why people like it as much as they do, but the book itself has the potential to catch fire....it is her first Appearance, and she is often used in some connection with the Dark Justice group, which we know are under development for a series on HBO supposedly. Aside from that she has been linked to swamp thing, in the short lived series. She is considered a keystone in the magic community of DC, and could also be drawn or pulled into the upcoming Zatanna movie DC has announced is forthcoming at some point.
Aside from those things, Madame Xanadu will headline her own streaming series on HBO Max, set on Earth 19 Of the Arrowverse.She flies pretty low under the radar and her intro was far enough back that given the right exposure her character could create a serious demand for that book in particular. Aside from and nevermind her now and then rubbing elbows with my iconic muse, Zatanna!
Post 462 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

"It's still cheaper then a Sub-mariner 1"

Nice to see this book making a return ...it was starting to push up higher in the 90's and there was a large warehouse stash containing quite a few copies of that book. Always loved the cover and art to the book and its place seguing into the 1 for those two runs is immense! great comic
Post 463 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Added to yesterday’s purchase. There’s got to be something good in there . . .

Nothing major, but here are highlights from the first two boxes. 10 more to go.

Box 3 had a Superman 204 Newsstand edition.

Post 464 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim what about the dreck? That's where the good reading resides.
Post 465 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
@00slim what about the dreck? That's where the good reading resides.

I saw the 2 part Batman/Aliens story in here. It’s in one of the boxes I haven’t sorted yet. It’s an all-time favorite of mine. I’m keeping that even though I have it in Trade form along with the copies I bought when it first released.

Wrightson art to boot!
Post 466 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley And here’s one for you. I’m pulling this for sure. Never seen it before & this could be a cool team-up!

Post 467 IP   flag post
@00slim is the X-men 60 a jcpenny reprint or an original
Post 468 IP   flag post
@Batman66 Good eye! I had set it aside but not inspected it yet. Turns out, it’s a reprint. That’s a bummer. I didn’t see the typical reprint indicators & the board had a comic shop’s logo printed on it. But the back cover had an ad for the 90’s X-Men cartoon on VHS. So, that cleared it up real quick.
Post 469 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I ventured into a populated area today. Go me.

This is a casualty of the negative space contest and was right inside the door of the venue. 9.6 is bs, 3 non color breaking ticks and three reader dents don't qualify. This will be re done in cbcs for sure. Hitting the same grade would be the ultimate goal. I just know it can look better.

Lesson of the day: if a vendor won't open the book so you can look at the back, walk. I trusted him because I was so jazzed. my awesome pickup of the day went south.

By the way, if said vendor is wearing sunglasses indoors its because they don't want to make eye contact.
Post 470 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If I had to choose I think I like the Sub-Mariner #1 better. Its a much more iconic cover and book featuring ONLY Prince Namor. I think Iron Man getting the top billing on the other book is why it remained a much more affordable.
Post 471 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad, Yay! and Boooooo!
Post 472 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
@HeinzDad, Yay! and Boooooo!
EXACTLY!
Post 473 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad He's wearing sunglasses because his pupils were probably dilated. I've never heard of a dealer who wouldn't take a book out of the bag.
Post 474 IP   flag post
He kinda looked like Dee Snyder

Edit: I was super excited. Supposedly some other vendor looked at it 30 minutes earlier. The cover presents high grade but everyone saw the back. It happened to have 5 boards in the Mylar to compress it. I guess all I can say is is that I’m a pushover.
Post 475 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
He kinda looked like Dee Snyder

Well - We're Not Going to Take It! No! We're Not Going to Take it!
Post 476 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 477 IP   flag post
I guess I’m glad I have a Doorway #1. @esaravo will get ya with sweet covers. I still have to land that Spider Woman negative space.
Post 478 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@obrie2tm that's a nice looking book
Post 479 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders thanks! I have a raw somewhere as well, but was inspired by the great copy you posted to acquire one for my JLD collection while they are still reasonably priced.
Post 480 IP   flag post
600736 999 30