New To Your Collection #1215379

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I loved watching Fright Night when I was younger

Ice Cream Man #25 Jimbo Salgado FRIGHT NIGHT HOMAGE - LTD 500

Post 426 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

mm
Post 427 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Got a good deal on the Harbinger and for some crazy reason overpaid for some Spawn issues that I already have.

Post 428 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Another one off the list

Post 429 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
Two more for my Justice League Dark collection. As nice of an 8.5 as I've seen and likely in line for a press and resubmit. The HOS was a great price and with the color touch as minor B-1 I may send it out for removal at some point.

Post 430 IP   flag post

Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user

So happy conventions are back, and Harrisburg was very kind to me. Talked to Mark McKenna for a little while he was signing some books for me(asm 700, the 3 marvel presents 72s and 79) and my son was picking out some prints that he wanted(and one for me). Super nice guy, and I love his work. If he's around again sometime I may have to get a sketch or two done.

Went in there hoping to stay below 200 but figured I'd spend more. Ended up only spending 120. The booth I got a good bit of these from was where I also got the moon knight 1. The guy was very fair in prices(it was half off stickered price and he dropped it even further than that) and when I went back for the moon knight 1 he dropped more off of the price of that one as well just for buying a decent amount from him. I wasn't really sure on current prices for it and I had no service along with the wifi not working - but ended up making out extremely well.

Funny thing too, I didn't realize until afterwards I had bought doubles of some of the other books(all were dollar bin) and didn't notice one of the spawn skyline copies was a virgin.

Can't wait til baltimore! Definitely going with a much fatter pocket and we'll see how it turns out.
Post 431 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Added to yesterday’s purchase. There’s got to be something good in there . . .

Post 432 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim good luck, post some goodies
Post 433 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 Will do. It’ll take a while to comb through these. 😅
Post 434 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim

Some super nice pick ups! Nice looking haul as well. Surely has to be some gold in there as well hopefully
Post 435 IP   flag post
Heres the gold from my latest CBCS Submission:

Post 436 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user

Post 437 IP   flag post
Always wanted to pick up a nice Six Million Dollar Man book... Nice looking grab on that one
Post 438 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Purchased 5 short boxes of dreck, a full box of Horror mags (Fangoria, Rue Morgue, etc.) and a short box of trades/hardcovers.

The guy is dropping off a couple more boxes today.

It’s a crazy mix of stuff. I got a HUGE Judge Dredd Vinyl banner from the theatrical release of the Stallone movie. It’s got to be 10’ across.

As well as this original release model Vader model from ‘79, mint in box.

somehow I cant unsee that box with wonder woman? peeping out the hole at us...hilarious...nice haul Slim
Post 439 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944

@BigRedOne1944 - Awesome haul! Congrats!
Post 440 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Got this tonight! I blame @esaravo for using it in last week's cover contest.

Post 441 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders

Yeah, i have a raw copy waiting. Such a cool book. Pick up a Madame #1 if you have a chance. That cover is equally as cool, wraparound.
Post 442 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

@BigRedOne1944

Congrats. I know getting 9.8s in that Punisher Newstand run is not easy.
Post 443 IP   flag post
@Hcanes @Scifinator
Thanks for the thumbs up on the Punisher Books!
Post 444 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:

Yeah, i have a raw copy waiting. Such a cool book. Pick up a Madame #1 if you have a chance. That cover is equally as cool, wraparound.

I rarely disagree with @esaravo, and his suggestions led me to one of my favorite purchases...Golden Record Reprints of Avengers 4, FF 1 and JIM 83. But I'm trying to figure out what makes this cover special. What am I missing, why do people like it so much?
Post 445 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Quote:

I rarely disagree with @esaravo, and his suggestions led me to one of my favorite purchases...Golden Record Reprints of Avengers 4, FF 1 and JIM 83. But I'm trying to figure out what makes this cover special. What am I missing, why do people like it so much?

Coby, I think it’s the eyes (and the details in the drawing too). Maybe you need to see the actual book to get the full effect, but it’s striking, almost hypnotic (imo).
Post 446 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo @EbayMafia

That cover connects because of the directness and simplicity. Despite some of the details (like the card and the chair’s frame carving) there is a sparseness to it. Almost like it embraces being two dimensional rather than fighting it.

For me most of Kaluta’s art is like that - very two dimensional. Not at all like what I typically prefer (e.g., Neal Adams, who evokes three-dimensions brilliantly). But with the connection (through the eyes) and that simplistic flat rendering the cover is memorable in a way more technically impressive covers are not.

Obviously just my opinion.
Post 447 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Madame Xanadu #1 (1981) also includes a Kaluta poster as a centerfold.

Post 448 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

mm
Post 449 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Got these in a Boxed Heroes Box.

Coffin Comics is coming out with a homage of the King Death called Queen Death.

Post 450 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 Very nice haul. If I could give that post more than 3 likes, I would.
Post 451 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Here are some purchases from over the past few weeks, including some from yesterday at FanExpo Dallas. A few "might" have made their way into the submission I dropped off at the CBCS booth for pressing and grading. I will now try to wait patiently for the next 6-8 months until I get them back.

Post 452 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
@Lonestar Nice! I wasn’t able to make the show. Glad it was a success!
Post 453 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar
Here are some purchases from over the past few weeks, including some from yesterday at FanExpo Dallas. A few "might" have made their way into the submission I dropped off at the CBCS booth for pressing and grading. I will now try to wait patiently for the next 6-8 months until I get them back.

I always wanted to pick up a copy of this book, but just never seemed to get around to it. As a high grade collector it likely out of my price range now.

Thanks for the "Likes" om the Punisher Set!
Post 454 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar

I always wanted to pick up a copy of this book, but just never seemed to get around to it. As a high grade collector it likely out of my price range now.

Thanks for the "Likes" om the Punisher Set!

It's still cheaper then a Sub-mariner 1
Post 455 IP   flag post
601333 999 30