Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1215379

CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
@Hcanes, it’s very well written.
Post 351 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Another cheapie comic that I don’t mind owning (15 bucks). it’s the first Spectre art by Jim Aparo. Awesome cover art!

Post 352 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
@Hcanes, it’s very well written.

Agreed. I enjoyed the various plot twists. It's also nice to read a self contained story.
Post 353 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Mail Day.
All 5 were my own submissions.
Not often one finds C.C. Beck autographs on Shazam comics.
And as for Sinnott - well he's just one of my favs of all time.

Post 354 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 Those books freaking rock!!! Congratulations on the signatures and grades!! Well done!!
Post 355 IP   flag post

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 @GAC ditto
Post 356 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Got some cool stuff in yesterday, actually have a question about one of them, I will expand when I get to the pics.

Someone posted this in one of the cover contests. Made me want it so I went out and grabbed one. Pretty good condition, and there really are some great stories in here

Been collecting this series since the beginning, but man the FCBD version was hard to get for less than, like $15 (with shipping). But I found one:

Got the slab of #1 a few days ago, but decided I wanted to read the series. I "think" I got a double cover for #1, but it seems weird, the 2 covers are different. top one has a raised portion and seems to be card stock, bottom one is regular cover stock, does anyone know if that's just regular for that issue?:

Post 357 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Something old 1939 and now Archived (sealed) away from Hands

Post 358 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Want list continues to get smaller Got this for a great price. Seller threw in a raw copy with no mask of the book too. I don't like signatures but had to make an exception for this book.

Post 359 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

a local pickup today. If I had more money to blow I could have kept buying. Most are duplicates but the prices were right.
Post 360 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Oof, @Batman66 slaying it again.
Post 361 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 your duplicate pickups make deals that I get excited about look awful 😂
Post 362 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Mail Day.
All 5 were my own submissions.
Not often one finds C.C. Beck autographs on Shazam comics.
And as for Sinnott - well he's just one of my favs of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@Nuffsaid111 Those books freaking rock!!! Congratulations on the signatures and grades!! Well done!!
@Nuffsaid111 hi - havent had my coffee yet, so, what @gac said!
Post 363 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 Very nice haul there.
Post 364 IP   flag post
3 different shipments from CGC all came in yesterday. Kinda like Christmas!

I was a bit disappointed in this grade, thought it'd be more along a 7/7.5. Thankfully it's just for the PC for now anyway, so it's not that big a deal:

These old Eisner Spirit sections are really cool. Pics are from oldest to newest (July 1940 - July 1942):

Post 365 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
@xvipah The SPIRIT sections are TERRIFIC!

mm
Post 366 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips thank you. These weren't even the big keys he had for sale. @Sebastsk8 their duplicates that are better than the copies I have now

Post 367 IP   flag post
@martymann Thanks. I love 'em. I've had them for 6 months or so and sent them in 2 or 3 months ago finally. If I had kept them any longer they'd have gone to CBCS instead of CGC.
Post 368 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
One of the genres I loved growing up was Horror. I've always wanted one of the Pre-Code ECs. Never made myself get one because I either didn't want to pay a fortune for a mid to high grade or even a lot for a low grade one. The LCS that I've been going to primarily lately had a ridiculous anniversary sale this weekend. Decided to make the drive to see what they had. They had these two in the cabinet. She said those were the first they've had in the store since they opened over a decade ago and just got them a few weeks ago.
The Crime SuspenStories is super brittle. Took it out to do a page count and I think that will be the last time. Looks like it's all there and cover is attached.
The Weird Science is in excellent shape. Hard to ask for a much better looking overall cover.
Well, I pulled that trigger and I'm stoked. Almost feel like I stole them for the price.

Post 369 IP   flag post
Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user

Post 370 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
AF 1 Courtesy of Scifinator via MCS

eBay deal I couldn’t pass

Post 371 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
But now I can finally stop buying ASM Annual #15 as this copy satisfies (if only it didn't have that fugly diamond price box ).

Don’t quit now; You need the the no Diamond Newstand!

Post 372 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

mm
Post 373 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

My new blanket for napping in the recliner.
Post 374 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
These two arrived in today’s mail from a recent deal with @Studley_Dudley.

Post 375 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Hard to spell dre(c)k without DC, but it can be done.

Post 376 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user

Post 377 IP   flag post

Post 378 IP   flag post

Post 379 IP   flag post
Two more.

Post 380 IP   flag post
601359 999 30