Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1215379

Collector IraK private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these up this afternoon.
The Punisher: No Escape is an upgrade for me. The Punisher: War Journal #75 I already own a 9.8 copy, But I always pick up this book whenever I see it love this cover!!

Post 276 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

First appearance of Nubia
Post 277 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
My wife and I are currently building a house and will have a dedicated study. I am in charge of decorating the study, and I knew what I wanted as a centerpiece.

My precious has arrived. I've wanted to own an original since I saw the first movie on opening night in 1977. ❤

Maybe you can find some one who can press that out.
Post 278 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked this up from @noblebeast315. Price and Shipping was great. Looks good with the 169 too

Post 279 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Definitely not books that will be getting any cheaper at all either. Nice grab
Post 280 IP   flag post

KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Pick these up the other day. GA 85, 86,88,89

Post 281 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
One of the highlights is this awesome leather bound Frank Miller collection that I’ve always wanted.

Do you have/are you getting the matching Joker volume?

Post 282 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite It’s on my list. I want that one more, to be honest.

I actually asked for it as my Anniversary gift this year. 👍🏼
Post 283 IP   flag post
@00slim It seems to have gone up a bit since I got mine. Cheapest BIN on ebay is like $45 FS and $40+SH on Mercari
Post 284 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
Great pickup from @Noblebeast315! Great to work with, fast shipping and really well packaged! Always recommend checking out his sales threads!

Post 285 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Just picked this up. My most wanted list is decreasing little by little.

Post 286 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user

Pretty crazy to see “white pages” on this. It is missing page 12. Should I see somebody selling individual graded pages I might consider getting page 12, although being a non story page, it would seem foolish to grade one.
If I found one I could make a married monster! Be kinda fun.
Post 287 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@doog If you already have this? Yes, why not try & find the missing page. Could take years, but it can be done.
Post 288 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@doog absolutely a married copy would be better than incomplete.
Post 289 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@doog If you already have this? Yes, why not try & find the missing page. Could take years, but it can be done.

Yes, I just bought it today. Just has to survive shipping here and it is mine, all mine. Don’t know how else I could ID a real page 12, since it is non story page, unless it was graded. I have a few other Marvels missing page 12 that are graded. It was fairly common to remove, it seems.
Post 290 IP   flag post
These came in last week or two. I’m pretty excited for Batman ‘89 as the co-writer for the first Tim Burton Batman film (and story contributor for Batman Returns) is writing a continuation of that universe. Judging by the covers, Billy Dee Williams finally becomes Two-Face in the movie universe (though he got to voice him in the Lego Batman movie). The cover on the far right is my favorite and hopefully I’ll get the change to get Keaton and Williams’ signatures on it at some point

Post 291 IP   flag post
Collector LostWarrior17 private msg quote post Address this user
Just came in the mail today, couldn't wait for it to get here!
Post 292 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
Quote:

Yes, I just bought it today. Just has to survive shipping here and it is mine, all mine. Don’t know how else I could ID a real page 12, since it is non story page, unless it was graded. I have a few other Marvels missing page 12 that are graded. It was fairly common to remove, it seems.

I have 2 .5 books missing page 12 (Hulk 2 and FF 4). Incomplete/.5 grade, significant book, when non-art/non-story impact doesnt bother me at all...prefer it to married actually.
Post 293 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@LostWarrior17 congrats on a nice book 👍
Post 294 IP   flag post
Collector Triplecdad private msg quote post Address this user

This is the kind of stuff I love finding at my LCS. Not valuable, but great cover. First appearance of the Little Green Man! And probably the last as well, lol.
Post 295 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve become somewhat interested in a few of the DC titles, such as captain marvel, Shazam and Wonder Woman and am collecting any bargain around the 20 dollar mark. This one was below that and looks cool just trying new things. Cheap and interesting.

Shazam 4 supposedly a 9.4 - looks pretty nice

Post 296 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplecdad

This is the kind of stuff I love finding at my LCS. Not valuable, but great cover. First appearance of the Little Green Man! And probably the last as well, lol.

I got one a few years ago because I just love that cover also!!

Post 297 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
courtesy of Darkseid's sales thread. Looking forward to it!

Post 298 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Love the homage cover.

Another cover I like a lot, Star Girl is pretty awesome.

2 variants of Urban Legends #6. Story aside, I love both of these covers.

Signed "Harley through the years" cover. I'm a fan.

My, now, 2nd PGX slab ever. Great cover and a book I think will just be climbing with the TV show announcement stuff. Both of the PGX slabs I own will probably be going in to CBCS in my next shipment.

Post 299 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Just picked up an upgrade to my 9.6 #58 plus a 67 & 68

Post 300 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog

Pretty crazy to see “white pages” on this. It is missing page 12. Should I see somebody selling individual graded pages I might consider getting page 12, although being a non story page, it would seem foolish to grade one.
If I found one I could make a married monster! Be kinda fun.
Buy a coverless copy, marry it to your cover or at least marry the missing page...sell the remainder uneeded for what you can get and call it a day
Post 301 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these up while coming home from Alabama yesterday, Sept. 3rd, 2021.

Got these two at a steal for $4 each for issues #15 and #2
(#2 is first appearance of Blackout - rumored that Marvel has plans for a Midnight Sons show with Blackout as the villain.)

And then these two Magazines -

Post 302 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
From Friday's excursion for drek.

Post 303 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
That Hulk and Spider Woman is sweet.
Post 304 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Bought these for speculation only!!!

I'm an Australian and as an Australian we don't do trick or treat.
This is an American custom.

Almost 8 years since I've lived in the states and I've never participated.

I live in a secure building and there are some small children here and I think the grandparents in the building have their children over.
So anyone participating puts up a sign on their door.
So I was thinking with candy being given out how about a comic for all ages as well.
Hence the books in my collection soon to be given away 👍
Post 305 IP   flag post
598062 999 30