Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1215379

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 He should be ! But he is already too powerful IMO.
Post 226 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe a red head as well?

Post 227 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
Just won this for $95 plus tax & shipping. Always liked the dynamism of this cover. You can almost hear the 'Clanggg'!

Post 228 IP   flag post
Got these in the mail today, August 27, 2021

Picked these two up in a Used Book Store in Florida for $3.00 each.

Post 229 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNotSoNice
Just won this for $95 plus tax & shipping. Always liked the dynamism of this cover. You can almost hear the 'Clanggg'!

It is right at 95 in this grade for GPA, but I agree these books are badly under-priced to the current market. Amazing covers, and stories...nice grab
Post 230 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Well, hello there, gorgeous:

Awesome book and so hard to find in those higher grades with the white cover....drives my borderline OCD into overdrive, that they cannot seem to correct the label for this book as First Lorna Dane, rather than first Polaris since it isnt the first Polaris . She doesnt become Polaris for quite a few years afterwards
Post 231 IP   flag post
Anything less than 5 is a loss....
Post 232 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Not a loss then.....

Post 233 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Heads up guys.
I am speculating here but since Doctor Strange is going to be killed off, these issues might be the ones to currently get before they jump in price. The Necromancer, first appearance is in issue #46, and #47 is first cover appearance. Maybe he will be the one to take over as Sorcerer Supreme?

Just found this article :
https://comicwealth.com/f/necromancer-doctor-strange
Also the following cover of one of the comics available in a UK Comic Shop.

Post 234 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Not a loss then.....

thats almost enough bronte, might get by with those
Post 235 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for pointing them out. Beautiful cover.
Post 236 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 237 IP   flag post
Quote:
Because it was not a title she normally appears in, I sort of wonder how many missed it initially and if the after market will have a boost for this one
Post 238 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Well, hello there, gorgeous:

Awesome book and so hard to find in those higher grades with the white cover....drives my borderline OCD into overdrive, that they cannot seem to correct the label for this book as First Lorna Dane, rather than first Polaris since it isnt the first Polaris . She doesnt become Polaris for quite a few years afterwards

I think that was X-Men 97.
Post 239 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Because it was not a title she normally appears in, I sort of wonder how many missed it initially and if the after market will have a boost for this one
I missed it. Did not even see in on the Pre order sights that I frequent.
Post 240 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fads89

I pre-ordered the raw cut variant of that cover. Is the rest of the book as great as the cover?
Post 241 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@GanaSoth what if doom becomes the sorcerer supreme

Srtange will be killed off the same way as ......Wolverine, Superman. Robin, Jean Grey, Steve Rogers, Flash, Hal Jordan, Bucky, Hulk, Adam Warlock.......

I find it odd that he hasn't been killed already.....this is just a way to sell a few books and get some headlines - hope they will kill him right around his movie release to get the free publicity
Post 242 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@GanaSoth what if doom becomes the sorcerer supreme

Srtange will be killed off the same way as ......Wolverine, Superman. Robin, Jean Grey, Steve Rogers, Flash, Hal Jordan, Bucky, Hulk, Adam Warlock.......

Uncle Ben... Oh, wait.
Post 243 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Got a shipment in from CBCS today. All VSP signed by Neal Adams. Most of them probably aren't really worth the time and money, but I wanted to see what the process was like, This is 1 of 2 shipments that are pretty much the same thing (mostly different issues, but Adams VSP), except this one had fast pass. It came back MUCH quicker, other one is still at CBCS and I actually sent that one in first.

Post 244 IP   flag post
Got this back on July 28th, 2021, but I had not returned on here at that time to share with you guys, so here's to playing catch up.

Got this one back on July 30th, 2021, also catch up. Pink Signature.

Killmonger #2, Second Print, back on July 17th, 2021.

Post 245 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

a couple of pick ups.
Post 246 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 Good lord!!!! I want to see a post or thread of your top, biggest books!!
Post 247 IP   flag post
@GAC I know right !

@Batman66 sweet pickups, especially that FF #5 !
Post 248 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@GAC I know right !

@Batman66 sweet pickups, especially that FF #5 !

especially that FF 5!!!!
Post 249 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Dude, @Batman66, we watched the Marvel preview at work this evening in an auction and the guy buying was a slouch on his bids. Congrats!
Post 250 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
I hunted down one of these after seeing it mentioned here on the forum. Dated just 11 months after X-men #1...I assume it's their first cross-over?:

Technically the first X-Men crossover was Tales of Suspense 49.
Post 251 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fads89

I pre-ordered the raw cut variant of that cover. Is the rest of the book as great as the cover?
I'm not sure. I haven't read it yet.
Post 252 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC @GanaSoth @HeinzDad thanks guys. Long story bearable, I made a deal to buy a different ff5 so I sold my 1.8 I just got back. My deal fell through but gave my word to sell my book. So I picked this one up just to have a copy and I'm supposed to pick up another ff5 this Labor Day weekend. I'll post it when I do. Hopefully a better copy
Post 253 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 congrats, FF 5 is the second biggest key in that run and it will never change 👍
Post 254 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Back from CGC (4months) and heading to MCS.

Post 255 IP   flag post
601451 999 30