Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

When will I hear about any confirmation from convention drop off books?15371

Collector AKilgour private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all,

I dropped books off with CBCS at TorpedoCon on July 24th. I just want to know what the process is like after that, as in, do I get any sort of confirmation that I have an order in and my books made it back from TorpedoCon safe and sound or will I get my first sign that my books are good when they start the grading process?

I know grading services are terribly backed up right now, I’m just looking to see any type of order history or acknowledgement that I have an order in with CBCS. All I have to show for is the physical invoice slips I received after they itemized my books right in front of me.

This is my first time submitting books and I’m sure the timeline varies all the time, was just curious about when I could potentially be getting an email or call about my books even arriving at the facility.

Thanks all,
Avery
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted mine in June at a con. You should have a login for CBCS so that you can track the orders. Please be aware that turnaround times for non-escalated books is 17 weeks plus, if you requested pressing, an additional 19 weeks. Right now I believe they are working on orders submitted in April and earlier.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
It can vary. Some people have reported their convention books appearing a week or two after the show. I am still waiting on a mail-in order delivered May 20th to appear on my account.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@AKilgour - In normal times, you would expect to see your dashboard updated no earlier than the first Wednesday after the Con. That said, these are not normal times and it may be several weeks before you get updates. Your estimated TurnAroundTime (TAT) still starts from that first Wednesday though.

I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC a couple of years ago. Obviously not a normal submission, and while it took them some time to get everything on the dashboard, they still met the TAT’s.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@AKilgour - In normal times, you would expect to see your dashboard updated no earlier than the first Wednesday after the Con.

Not quite true. Even during non-covid rushes it often takes longer for convention books to be added into the system. What CBCS does is that they backdate the receipt to the Wednesday after the show for turnaround time purposes.

So even if the books take weeks after a show to show up in the system, your turnaround time is considered to start the Wednesday after the show
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
@AKilgour

We are behind in the receiving department, so it is taking time to get show books marked as received in our offices. These books are here and safe, and this does not hurt your turnaround times as we will backdate the invoices to the correct dates.

If you submitted at the show and have your completed submission form/paperwork, this is your confirmation that we have your books, and you should be good to go.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@AKilgour - In normal times, you would expect to see your dashboard updated no earlier than the first Wednesday after the Con.

Not quite true. Even during non-covid rushes it often takes longer for convention books to be added into the system. What CBCS does is that they backdate the receipt to the Wednesday after the show for turnaround time purposes.

So even if the books take weeks after a show to show up in the system, your turnaround time is considered to start the Wednesday after the show
@dielinfinite - Semantics at work. See the bold of my comment. What we both said was correct and the same, but said differently
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Buckets private msg quote post Address this user
I dropped off books to CBCS on Saturday @ Torpedo con. My order posted to my dashboard within the 1st week, so yours should be showing very soon.

The only issue I had was a challenge with the CC until I contacted CBCS and corrected the error.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Darryl_H

Beautiful, thank you for the reply! I just wanted to know if I’d be hearing about anything or what timelines were at play.

Thanks again!
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Buckets

I don’t know if this is reassuring or not 😅
Did you already have an account with CBCS or did you put fill out the forms with your email for the first time there?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Buckets private msg quote post Address this user
I have been a CBCS member since the early days and filled out all forms on-line and brought to the con.

Sorry, I was trying to give you a little reassurance that the books are safe and sound and should be posted to your dashboard shortly.

I can now see where it could have the opposite affect😁
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Comjon private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the info ☺️
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Comjon private msg quote post Address this user
Still nothing on my dashboard. My God it's four books it's been 3 months
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
@Comjon I can feel your frustration. My books from MegaCon are still showing as submitted but as long as you have the submission form rest assured the CBCS has your books and they are being taken good care of. I know right now they are swamped and it is hard to wait but trust me when I say that we are all going through this and unfortunately this is just a hobby right now.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Dwill73 private msg quote post Address this user
Same here. Submitted books at Torpedo Con back in July. Still havent shown up on my dashboard either @Comjon
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
I just had my Orlando Megacon pop-up (last two days) as "submitted".
Post 16 IP   flag post
598100 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?