Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Suggestion: Free Scans15361

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@martymann I certainly doubt that!

I thought I made the cut once...my submission went into Imaging status and I thought one of my books made the Feature Book list.....never happened. lol!
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector sckao private msg quote post Address this user
I paid for the $5 imaging of my slabs without complaint. It's difficult to get nice photos of a slab really without perspective warping or reflections, and I ended up just recently buying a used Microtek i900 legal-size CCD scanner just to scan slabs along with the needed software (another expense). (Some scanners will also add a glow to the scans based on the inner well.)

The only thing I WOULD make a minor complaint about is that the 600x960 resolution for provided images is a little low. It's perfect for viewing on a screen or on a mobile/tablet device within a screenful of information, but not so much if you're trying to sell the slab and need higher resolution images of the slab or book.

Setting the saved images to something higher should be pretty simple although it would increase the storage costs for CBCS. (The images should get auto-sized based on the device format anyway if the website/page design is responsive.)
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
What am I missing here? If you have a comic book graded why would you need a picture of it when you have the real thing? Are the pictures available for others to see? Now that would be something. If CBCS created a library of pictures of the highest graded comic books they've graded I'd be checking that out.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
What am I missing here? If you have a comic book graded why would you need a picture of it when you have the real thing? Are the pictures available for others to see? Now that would be something. If CBCS created a library of pictures of the highest graded comic books they've graded I'd be checking that out.

If you get a picture then it will be included with the free notes CBCS provides for anyone/everyone to see!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:

If you get a picture then it will be included with the free notes CBCS provides for anyone/everyone to see!

So, I can view pictures of someone else's submissions? How do I do that? Plus, grader notes are free for all to see.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Graders notes. see 19-472AEC1-001
@Rafel - go to the graders notes for 19-472AEC1-001
Post 31 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
So, I can view pictures of someone else's submissions?

Someone shared this link previously in this thread. This is a page that has some slabs that CBCS deemed worthy of featuring.

clickable link
Post 32 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I heard that employee butt scans will be free in the September promo. Slabs will still be $7.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia - ummm no comment.
Post 34 IP   flag post
601537 34 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?