Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Events

Convention Submissions15358

Collector BrashL private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all. I just dropped of a series of comics at the National in Chicago last week and I wanted to hear others experiences using that method. The National is primarily a sports collecting show so the individual who helped me was very friendly but not entirely familiar with the comic grading procedure. He had me fill out a submission form with the list of comics and my contact info but said I would be contacted to tell them the actual services and get the cost.

Has anyone else had an experience like this? How long did it take to hear back and get the process started?
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
This is new.
Beckett was taking in books, but there was no CBCS representative at the show.
You will get a call once the books get here and hit the receiving dept.
Hope that helps and welcome to the forum!
Post 2 IP   flag post
I did it recently and I think it was worth it. CoalTiger private msg quote post Address this user
I don't want to hijack this. I was curious about convention drop offs. If I drop books on Saturday and sunday will it all go on the same invoice?
Post 3 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Most likely it would be 2 invoices.
Welcome to the forum!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks for the quick response. It's my first experience with grading so a little nervous having them out of my control but I trust I'm in good hands.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Wyldchyld private msg quote post Address this user
I have used CBCS at Heroes Con several times. It has been a great experience every time for me. The people are very helpful and very knowledgeable I hope they will be at the Heroes Mini Con in November so I can drop off some books.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrashL
Thanks for the quick response. It's my first experience with grading so a little nervous having them out of my control but I trust I'm in good hands.

@BrashL - You should be fine. Though your dropoff was the Beckett personnel as opposed to directly to CBCS personnel, i will relate that 2 years ago i dropped off 3,000 comics to the CBCS staff when they were at the SDCC. I had to run, so I i just didnt wait for them to fill out paperwork. I got everything back in the same or better condition. (Better condition was due to my having them press some of the comics).
Post 7 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
Most likely it would be 2 invoices.
Welcome to the forum!

I have a question for megacon in Florida I want to get William shatner on Friday and Saturday George Takei how do I get both yellow label do I leave the book with you all at the booth until the next day?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Just got notification that my comic books have been received. That's with a drop off last Wed at a show that ended on Sat. so about a week turn-around and pretty good in my opinion.

Waiting now for an invoice and the comics to show up on my account. Next step is to figure out membership and if it makes sense in my case. I'll keep ya'll up on timing.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Comjon private msg quote post Address this user
I dropped off two comics @ The Gem City comic con almost three weeks ago andI have not heard anything nothing posted is this unusual?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
They are pretty backed up but I'm sure your books are safe and in line...the long line.
Post 11 IP   flag post
601333 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?