Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Now, you didn’t say how long you’ve had the bottle

These Costco bottles are pretty big

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Somethings wrong with you people....who has open Irish cream for more than a few weeks?

I'm with you in spirit, but that's a lot of sugar!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
By the way..this regime also will get rid of Kahlua with a White Russian for after dinner

We used to travel to Mexico 4-5 times a year and always had a ton of Kahlua around because it was dirt cheap. Honestly though, I can't think of any situation where I would prefer Kahlua to Irish Cream. Mostly it's for coffee though.
Post 151 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Working on my second Long Island Iced Tea.

Post 152 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user

First day of advent calendar - whiskey advent calendar courtesy of my awesome wife.

The Nikka Tailored. Never had before tonight. Sublime.

Sipped a bit neat and then added some coke zero.

Jk

Pairs well with a new addition. Has been decades since I read the series originally. Added v.1 thanks to a great black friday deal:

Pink Floyd on the hi-fi. Good Wednesday.
Post 153 IP   flag post
Just mixed up a pitcher of Long Island Iced Tea.

Post 154 IP   flag post
@00slim cheers!
Post 155 IP   flag post

@Davethebrave Back at ya! 🥂
Post 156 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Just mixed up a pitcher of Long Island Iced Tea.

Onto my second.
Post 157 IP   flag post
Mixed up a jumbo Long Island.

This way I don’t have to mix another drink in the middle of our movie (‘The Firm’ (1993)).

Post 158 IP   flag post
Continuing advent…

I take photos as I go through them and putting the bottles in order of preference…

Edit: one drink per day… advent calendar style.

Post 159 IP   flag post
Quote:
Mixed up a jumbo Long Island.

This way I don’t have to mix another drink in the middle of our movie (‘The Firm’ (1993)).

@00slim A friend and I decided that the Long Island Ice Tea is the Superman of cocktails. Other cocktails are nice for variety, but if you had to go into battle with just Long Islands, that would be enough. It has all the powers of the other cocktails combined into one.
Post 160 IP   flag post
@00slim I have memories of long island cocktails and Milan clubs that are oddly both razor sharp and completely fogged up.

One in particular was being sick but somehow also being convinced to head out to some lounge/club… meant doing a few (yes, a few) shots of espresso out of a cafe vending machine. Proceeded to then drink far too many LIs and experienced the strange effects of the triple threat of being sick, massively over-caffeinated and very drunk, all at the same time.

As for Superman. If LI is the Superman of cocktails - and maybe it gave me some superhuman powers too - then absinthe is (my) kryptonite.

I have a few bottles of the “westernized” stuff. They last me years. Have had more potent “original” drinks and while I am skeptical of the wormwood’s actual hallucinogenic effects in those doses, I certainly did “see stuff.” Probably more the 150 proof and method of consumption than anything… but, yes, that is my kryptonite for sure.
Post 161 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave I like the dramatic presentation!

What I imbibed tonight went down much better than anticipated, but I failed to get the image. It's called Hiwa Coconut Porter produced by the Maui Brewing Company. Next time, I'll provide a full mug presentation.

It's midnight Wed. now; I'll try to get this in before the edit function closes...

Post 162 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
@Davethebrave I like the dramatic presentation!

@Davethebrave Don't play! He's got the right equipment for drinking whiskey. I just pour mine into a shot glass that my wife got at a Hard Rock Cafe gift shop 20 years ago.
Post 163 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia I can’t compete.

My drink tolerance has dropped considerably. It is a good thing.

Most of my drinking is also out of mugs. Fresh ground coffee - 4 to 6 “euro size” cups between around 4-7am. Translates to about 2 “Mrrrica” size cups.
Post 164 IP   flag post
Quote:

@Davethebrave just to clarify, I sip from the Hard Rock shot glass, no shooting! Rye has become my whiskey of choice. I tried 5 different recommended "value" priced bottles and settled on the Bulleit Rye that Costco sells in the big bottle. That Whiskey Advent Calendar looks like fun. Found anything yet that really stands out?
Post 165 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia

I am lining the dram bottles up by favorite to least.

None were bad so far. Some were very, very good. I will post a photo tonight with the bottles lined up and hopefully legible.

On my 6th euro size cup of coffee at the moment.
Post 166 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

@Davethebrave just to clarify, I sip from the Hard Rock shot glass, no shooting! Rye has become my whiskey of choice. I tried 5 different recommended "value" priced bottles and settled on the Bulleit Rye that Costco sells in the big bottle. That Whiskey Advent Calendar looks like fun. Found anything yet that really stands out?

@EbayMafia Favorites on left. Don’t know pricing on Japanese Whiskey but my guess is my faves are not the priciest… I will find out because I will certainly buy some bottles once done.

In case hard to read, faves are:
The Nikka Tailored blended
Akashi White Oak Single Malt
Hatozaki Blended

Post 167 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
First leg day post-breakup. So this after the workout:

And this before bed:

Mixed with whole milk. Delish
Post 168 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

And this before bed:

Mixed with whole milk. Delish
yuck. All I know about supplements is that I threw up in a jug like this in the back of a friends car once. It was a car ride in Connecticut to the train to NYC for the day. I also threw up in trash can at the train station. But phew, that supplement jug stunk, it hastened the situation.
Post 169 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

@Studley_Dudley is Gold Standard your goto whey drink?

I've tried various brands but always choose a brand with high amino acid content.

Also, when I'm in the mood for vanilla flavor, often I'll take a banana and smoosh it up with a fork and dump it in with the mix. Then pull apart a vitamin capsule containing cayenne pepper and add to the mix as well. Blend and your good to go. The cayenne gives the vanilla just a subtle bite... it's delicious. But everybody's taste buds are not the same.

I'll have to check into the Casein,.. never heard of it. I would assume it is high in aminos since you are taking this prior to sleep. You obviously know that during sleep is when the muscles heal from the microscopic tears caused by HIIT.
Post 170 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad I think @Studley_Dudley dong slapped us.
Post 171 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder I've used others. Designer, Beverly, Body Fortress, 6 Star, but I usually go back to Gold Standard. I don't get that sandy feeling when I mix it. Body Fortress and 6 Star had a very sandy texture whenever I would mix it.

The casein definitely leaves me feeling a little fuller than the regular whey. So I do like that. I have another amino acid supplement I take as well, but it's mostly just an L-glutamine supplement. I really just use protein powder after weight training, multivitamin, omega 3 pills, and fiber. Some of my buddies used to have small pharmacies in their homes. I think the supplement market is mostly a racket. I won't buy thermogenics, preworkout or any other magic pill. I've tried some other supplements before that helped me get my bench back from 185+/- a few pounds to 255 lb. Leg day was insane on it too. Could go for two hours easy in the gym. I just got really sweaty. Trying to get back into working out on a regular basis again. I saw my brother and sister over the Thanksgiving holiday and that was enough motivation to get off my ass. I really hadn't worked out other than light cardio in the last few months due to tendonitis in my foot and depression. I still have the tendonitis but I'm in a better place mentally.

I've not tried to mix some cayenne pepper in it. That sounds interesting. As far as flavors, I'm like a basic white chick. Vanilla, chocolate, strawberry on occasion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@HeinzDad I think @Studley_Dudley dong slapped us.

If only, but I don't like to dong slap. At least not for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
yuck. All I know about supplements is that I threw up in a jug like this in the back of a friends car once. It was a car ride in Connecticut to the train to NYC for the day. I also threw up in trash can at the train station. But phew, that supplement jug stunk, it hastened the situation.

Some are very gross. A couple coworkers' husbands are gym rats and they say the smell of whatever they are mixing in their shaker cups is pungent, especially since they don't wash them.
Post 172 IP   flag post
I’m on my 3rd 805.

Post 173 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user

Post 174 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
As for Superman. If LI is the Superman of cocktails - and maybe it gave me some superhuman powers too - then absinthe is (my) kryptonite.

I have a few bottles of the “westernized” stuff. They last me years. Have had more potent “original” drinks and while I am skeptical of the wormwood’s actual hallucinogenic effects in those doses, I certainly did “see stuff.” Probably more the 150 proof and method of consumption than anything… but, yes, that is my kryptonite for sure.

I can see that. I would like to add to Supermen of cocktails: multiple stoplights, a whirl with the bird, and 9 shots of Tequila with a beer chaser.

Westernized stuff…..they used to sell at Phish concerts in thermoses in Vermont. Just saying.
Post 175 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Post 176 IP   flag post
Finishing this off at the moment:

Post 177 IP   flag post
Mixed some Long Island tonight. Lots of ice, but that’s a stein.

Feeling a little down tonight, no real reason. Hoping this helps a little.

Post 178 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Feeling a little down tonight, no real reason.

Best of luck my friend!
Post 179 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjagnew
Quote:
Feeling a little down tonight, no real reason.

Best of luck my friend!

Appreciate it, bro.
Post 180 IP   flag post
600906 440 30